Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What free agents do you want?

Quote:Chris Harris signed a 5 year contract last month with the Broncos. With $ 24 million guaranteed.

Good for them. He certainly would have had a lot of contract offers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Thomas is, imo, a product of the system and Peyton Manning. Put him in an offense that requires the tight end to block (like ours) and he's now an underutilized pass catcher and an utterly useless run blocker. I'd pass.

Revis has still got it, but isn't he pushing 30? Lots of corners fall off fast around that age, and I'd hate for the Jaguars to be the team that gives Revis a huge contract only to see him fall apart a year in.

Locker, meh. I don't think he's an upgrade over Henne. If Sam Bradford hits free agency and doesn't get a starting offer (which is a likely scenario, imo), I'd be all over him as a backup.

Until Julius Thomas catches footballs from another quarterback, there is no reason to say he is just good because of Peyton Manning. If he played with Ben Roethlisberger, the guy compared most to Blake Bortles, and did not have nearly the same success as he does now I would listen. But I think any statement about a player only being good because of Manning is very stupid unless the claim has already been proven true. So until I see how well Thomas plays with a different (but not much worse) quarterback, I have no reason to believe he is a product of Manning.

Darrelle Revis said he wants to play for a winner after reports surfaced the Jets want him back. Obviously if the Patriots do not retain him, he won't talk to the Jaguars.

Sam Bradford will be a free agent when the next league year begins. I am not sure how mobile he is after spending two years recovering from ACL tears.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2015, 12:21 PM by kyzer sosay.)

Let's look at a hypothertical (only) situation:

1. No salary cap

2. One year contracts

Do you think Calvin Johnson would come to this jags team for $25million per year?

How about JJ Watts ???

Patrick Peterson?

Well, you get my drift and the answer to all of the above is definitely NO, NO, NO

Case CLOSED !!!

Quote:Crabtree

Bulaga

Moore

Clay

I watch a lot of 49ers games; Michael Crabtree is one of the most overrated players (amongst fans) in football, no thanks.

Quote:I watch a lot of 49ers games; Michael Crabtree is one of the most overrated players (amongst fans) in football, no thanks.
Same, living in 9er country I totally agree. When I see someone list Crabtree on their want lists it just blows my mind. Id rather skip him and spend it on someone else.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/561229315052797952' title="10:27 AM - 30 Jan 2015">37s38 seconds ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Khan on free agency: "We have some critical weaknesses and we have to fill them." Expects cap to be $143 million. <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a>

If Bulaga isn't available...

One interesting guy flying below radars is Derek Newton, the OT for the Texans.  PFF rated him 18th of 78 tackles graded.  ESPN put him as a starting tackle on the All-AFC South team.  He's not a pro-bowler in any regard, but would provide an upgrade to what we have now. 

Quote:Let's look at a hypothertical (only) situation:

1. No salary cap

2. One year contracts

Do you think Calvin Johnson would come to this jags team for $25million per year?

How about JJ Watts ???

Patrick Peterson?

Well, you get my drift and the answer to all of the above is definitely NO, NO, NO

Case CLOSED !!!

Why? Because you hypothetically say they won't?

Who is JJ Watts?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The more i think about it, the more i really would like to sign Charles Clay.

WE can pretty much line him up anywhere, Backfield, TE or even outside. Young guy just about to hit his prime. He can be the move TE or H back this year and full time TE next year going foward.

I, too, like Charles Clay.  He's extremely versatile, and has a knack for getting open.  The amount to acquire his services should not be too bad either.