Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jeff Gordon announces 2015 will be his last NASCAR season

Jeff Gordon announces 2015 will be his last NASCAR season

Jeff Gordon is hitting the brakes.

The four-time NASCAR champ announced today that 2015 will be his last season as a full-time driver.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/01/2...p=features

You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Love him or hate him, he definitely kept things exciting.

The Jimmy Johnson reign put everyone to sleep.

Quote:Love him or hate him, he definitely kept things exciting.

The Jimmy Johnson reign put everyone to sleep.

NASCAR peaked in the late 90's when it was Gordon vs. Earnhardt. The sport had a rivalry in almost every sense. Young vs. Old. West coast vs. east coast. And they both won alot. Now NASCAR is basically like golf. With very few exceptions, you could not pick the drivers out of a lineup because they almost all look, act and sound the same. The technology has to a point where the driver does not matter as much.

Quote:Jeff Gordon announces 2015 will be his last NASCAR season

Jeff Gordon is hitting the brakes.

The four-time NASCAR champ announced today that 2015 will be his last season as a full-time driver.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/01/2...p=features

as a full time driver...he will drive in selected races

One of the few drivers I know. Hope he can go out with one last win if anything.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm a little tardy to this party, but.....

I grew up in a NASCAR household as the only football/baseball fan. Every Sunday I watched my dad "search for holes in his eyelids" while 36 guys on TV drive around in circles for hours.

I did grow to appreciate the sport after do many years of exposure to it.

I never was a Jeff Gordon fan. Actually, I couldn't stand the little guy, seemed a bit light in his loafers to be part of the weekly redneck round up. Strangely enough, upon hearing of his planned retirement, I am saddened riser what I view as the last of the great drivers of my generation.

The guys that are on the track these days are just a bunch of hot tempered kids playing with someone else's money.
Signature goes here.