Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
if Bortles has a bad season next year

Which is very possible if not likely especially with this new addition to the coaching staff, do we move on from him or give it another year? Obviously if Bortles is bad this year then Gus and the entire staff is getting canned at the end of the season. Do we cut bait or give him the third year?

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It depends on your point of view; since he was a product of this front-office and coaching staff, then maybe he should be let go. On the hand, however, he has lots of potential and maybe a new coaching staff would help him. Some think he's a total bust, others think he just needs time.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Depends on how bad, I'd think.  

I mean, is he throwing a lot of interceptions, but also getting a lot of yards and TD's?

Is he playing ultra conservative?

Is he throwing a lot of ints, and still not getting a lot of yards and TD's?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Preemptive complaining. Nice.
Huh

Quote:Preemptive complaining. Nice.

Lol you caught it too.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

not really preemptive considering he sucked this year, and the offensive coordinator we hired is literally the prototype for Jedd Fisch.

Being handcuffed by Dead Fish last season, I think this may be the season we really see what he has.. Especially with Olson and his favor for the west coast offense. 

More int's than last season? Idk.. Very well could mean that.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Preemptive complaining. Nice.
This

Quote:not really preemptive considering he sucked this year, and the offensive coordinator we hired is literally the prototype for Jedd Fisch.
Yeah, you're gonna have to explain that one.

I honestly don't think he can be worse then he already was this year. He graded pretty low so that just shows how much more improvement he can have. With Gabbert, he was scared to get hit, we finally have a QB he just needs to work on his mechanics and it will for sure improve him and make him more accurate. Think about this, if we could have actually ran the ball more efficiently we could have won more games but we didn't. Find a RB, work up the OL and Bortles will be just fine. 

Quote:Which is very possible if not likely especially with this new addition to the coaching staff, do we move on from him or give it another year? Obviously if Bortles is bad this year then Gus and the entire staff is getting canned at the end of the season. Do we cut bait or give him the third year?

Get a new HC, draft a QB and let Blake fight for a job but open doors for the future with someone else.

It's a little too early but I'm just getting that eerie feeling we had as Blaine continued to be underwhelming in his 2nd and 3rd years.

Quote:I honestly don't think he can be worse then he already was this year. He graded pretty low so that just shows how much more improvement he can have. With Gabbert, he was scared to get hit, we finally have a QB he just needs to work on his mechanics and it will for sure improve him and make him more accurate. Think about this, if we could have actually ran the ball more efficiently we could have won more games but we didn't. Find a RB, work up the OL and Bortles will be just fine. 
Weren't you cealling him a straight up bust two weeks ago.

Quote:Yeah, you're gonna have to explain that one.

Simple. He doesn't like him so he's automatically Jedd Fisch.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Which is very possible if not likely especially with this new addition to the coaching staff, do we move on from him or give it another year? Obviously if Bortles is bad this year then Gus and the entire staff is getting canned at the end of the season. Do we cut bait or give him the third year?

Obviously?  Glad your not signing the checks.  But to the question at hand, if Bortles plays badly next year...hmm, maybe install guard rails around the top of the Modis Building?

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Here it is folks, from the greatest sitcom ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvBFlJTgQfQ

no. if you watched the Raiders this year, you'd understand that literally everything we all complained about jedd Fisch with, Greg Olson does the exact same things except he's older and no hope of improving. But you can keep denying it all you want up until the end of this season when the staff is getting pink slips.

You want some cheese with that Vino?

Funny. I notice it's always the same guys sucking up every move this team makes.

The guy does possess talents, poise and leadership skills. He will be surrounded with more experience teammates and maybe some additions from FA. Not to mention a better defense will give him the ball more therefore more opportunity to score. The arrow is pointing up.

Quote:no. if you watched the Raiders this year, you'd understand that literally everything we all complained about jedd Fisch with, Greg Olson does the exact same things except he's older and no hope of improving. But you can keep denying it all you want up until the end of this season when the staff is getting pink slips.

To be fair to Olson, most pundits and analysts say he caters his offense to the strengths of it's players and Carr's offense at Fresno State was a large amount of quick slants and screens. It would make sense to ease him into the pros by replicating what he did successfully in college and to a degree it did. A lot of people say Carr had the best season of all the rookie QBs and in large part that's because he was comfortable in Olson's offense.