Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
if Bortles has a bad season next year

Quote:Weren't you cealling him a straight up bust two weeks ago.

That was never me, I've never ever said Bortles was a bust. Please find that post and post it please do.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:no. if you watched the Raiders this year, you'd understand that literally everything we all complained about jedd Fisch with, Greg Olson does the exact same things except he's older and no hope of improving. But you can keep denying it all you want up until the end of this season when the staff is getting pink slips.
Olson has a history of success with young QBs.

Whether or not he should be a long term fixture is debatable, but if you go by his track record with young QBs, he may be the best options out there for the development of this young offense.

I have no problem with the jags bringing in a guy whose greatest impact may only be for the short term. We can always walk away from him once the offense has developed past his proficiency.

If Bortles has a bad year, the decision on what to do with him will be the next coaching staff's problem.

I only expect mild improvement from Bortles next season. I think he was tossed into the fire this season and it shouldn't count against him. His development will take awhile. If he was on a good team, I think fans would be more patient as he wouldn't have the pressure of carrying the franchise.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2015, 10:43 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:To be fair to Olson, most pundits and analysts say he caters his offense to the strengths of it's players and Carr's offense at Fresno State was a large amount of quick slants and screens. It would make sense to ease him into the pros by replicating what he did successfully in college and to a degree it did. A lot of people say Carr had the best season of all the rookie QBs and in large part that's because he was comfortable in Olson's offense.
This

Carr had 21 tds and 12 ints for over 3,000 yards if Blake did that people around here would be on his jock, but since the OP hate Olson he sucks and will have Bortles playing worst smh

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:no. if you watched the Raiders this year, you'd understand that literally everything we all complained about jedd Fisch with, Greg Olson does the exact same things except he's older and no hope of improving. But you can keep denying it all you want up until the end of this season when the staff is getting pink slips.

What are Saturday's Powerball numbers?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

idk what it's going to take for you guys to get this sh*t through your heads

we busted on gus 

he's a coach that has been carried by all star type players in both tampa and seattle

oh well

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2015, 11:22 PM by badger.)

The addition of better coaches is going to make him better... Not worse or the same

I feel like 2 years is quick to give up on players but someone else did say bring in someone to light a fire(if needed) I would be fine with that in the third season, if not even just this year to replace Chad or something.

Quote:Here it is folks, from the greatest sitcom ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvBFlJTgQfQ

haha the best.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

If he stinks in season two then bring in more competition

What are the odds of any QB picked in the top 5 turning out to be a bust? Probably around 50/50. So it's not a ridiculous question.

If we again need a QB in 2016, then draft Cardale Jones if we have the opportunity. Hopefully Bortles will become the QB he appeared to be in preseason, and all this will become academic.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2015, 02:51 AM by kyzer sosay.)

Draft either Jameis or Mariotta then let them compete... besides, this ain't gonna be a playoff team anyway

Bortles reminded me more of a right handed tebow the last 7 games.  he stunk !!!

Bortles has the gifts to play well. If he does bad next year he may still need more developing, but I don't see them parting ways with him. He's worth developing, and that's not something you can just say about anyone. Gabbert, for instance, is just not worth it.

'02

I think this topic is irrelevant because it wont happen

I think Bortles will show improvement regardless of a new system comin in

I also believe the talent on this team is gonna be improved and the coaches aren't even close to getting canned....

I think youll see this staff a minimum of 2 more seasons, and if no progress from now till than is made, decisions will be be looming

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2015, 04:27 AM by MJonesD_32.)

kyzer sosay.... ARE U SERIOUS?

That is the DUMBEST thing ive ever heard, not even close!

Bortles is a Right-Handed Tebow.... Wow Just... WOW!?

Quote:This

Carr had 21 tds and 12 ints for over 3,000 yards if Blake did that people around here would be on his jock, but since the OP hate Olson he sucks and will have Bortles playing worst smh

IIRC, BB5 had like 2900 yards on 3.5 less games? I think Carr had about 3200, so Carr threw for about 300-350 more yards than Blake with 3.5 more games.

Blake's ability to move the ball up and down the field is what gives me the most hope going forward. I think with an improved/more experienced oline keeping Blake upright longer and the WRs being more experienced (thank God for Sullivan), I think the offense will take a significant step forward next season.

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

Quote:Funny. I notice it's always the same guys sucking up every move this team makes.

I mean you gotta give each decision a chance to mature no matter how crappy it looks beforehand. Unless I misunderstood what you were saying, then my bad. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:Preemptive complaining. Nice.

Early bird gets the worm I guess.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:What are the odds of any QB picked in the top 5 turning out to be a bust? Probably around 50/50. So it's not a ridiculous question.

If we again need a QB in 2016, then draft Cardale Jones if we have the opportunity. Hopefully Bortles will become the QB he appeared to be in preseason, and all this will become academic.
hahahah Cardale Jones?! Seriously???

The dude has only made 3 starts and he's got Urban Meyer as his coach. Meyer does wonders with below average QBs like Tebow, Leak and Alex Smith.