Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Big Cat Country: "Jaguars hope to hire Adam Gase, Doug Marrone, and Greg Olson as offensive assistants."

Quote:There's also an article in the Baltimore Sun saying they are just beginning the OC search and Gase is their first interview and that they expect the search to be extensive.

Sorry can't link it from my phone.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/raven...story.html

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well LaCanfora and Rappaport did tweet some similar knowledge. Not the exact same, but too similar to be coincidence
It's all speculation based on the fact that these guys have all been around at the same time. This might just as easily mean that if their first choice guy goes to Baltimore they're ready to sign the second or third...

Quote:It's all speculation based on the fact that these guys have all been around at the same time. This might just as easily mean that if their first choice guy goes to Baltimore they're ready to sign the second or third...

true. I wouldn't be opposed to Marrone as OC either. Olson I think is best as QB coach
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

It would have been nice to have this settled before the Senior Bowl. That way the offensive staff could actually get a first hand look at these prospects rather than get second hand accounts from the other coaches who were there. Unless of course the draft will be defence, defence, defence...

If we go O line and D this year ill be good with it

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2015, 10:52 AM by Shack Del Rio.)

Quote:Well LaCanfora and Rappaport did tweet some similar knowledge. Not the exact same, but too similar to be coincidence

What did either one of them tweet? That Gase was a candidate here and Baltimore? Nothing about this supposed dream team Alfie is suggesting, right?

Why did either one of them tweet? That Gase was a candidate here and Baltimore? Nothing about this supposed dream team Alfie is suggesting, right?

Quote:Why did either one of them tweet? That Gase was a candidate here and Baltimore? Nothing about this supposed dream team Alfie is suggesting, right?

LaCanfora mentioned something about those 3 specifically. It's a couple pages back in this thread
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:It would have been nice to have this settled before the Senior Bowl.
It would be nicer to have settled properly.

Jon O might know something.........

"There are a bunch of names floating around. If you’ve been following, you know the primary names are Adam Gase, Greg Olsen and Doug Marrone, and you know there are scenarios – all as yet unofficial – involving all three. You also know the Jaguars are saying nothing officially, because there are a lot of coaches involved – some currently on staff – and a lot remains uncertain in the process."

Quote:Jon O might know something.........

"There are a bunch of names floating around. If you’ve been following, you know the primary names are Adam Gase, Greg Olsen and Doug Marrone, and you know there are scenarios – all as yet unofficial – involving all three. You also know the Jaguars are saying nothing officially, because there are a lot of coaches involved – some currently on staff – and a lot remains uncertain in the process."

See Below From Ozone. It seems he knew of a team being put together before the BCC article. Might even be where BBC got the info for the article.

Quote:Think John O may know somthing?

"Travis from Boynton Beach, FL:

O man, if you had a say, who would be your choice as the next offensive coordinator in Duval?

John: The specific coordinator hired by the Jaguars isn’t as important as finding the right combination of coordinator/offensive line/quarterbacks coach. That’s something that could be any number of combinations, including coaches already here. The names we’ve been hearing don’t have to be coordinators, remember. My guess is you’ll see some fairly significant change, but that’s a story for the coming days. Of all the names out there, I’m intrigued by Nathaniel Hackett, who has a very good reputation as a good, young offensive coordinator. I also still like the idea of a veteran coach working with the offensive line in some capacity – and I think Greg Olson would do a very good job working with Blake Bortles in some capacity as well."

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2015, 12:14 PM by Teal Curtain.)

Quote:See Below From Ozone. It seems he knew of a team being put together before the BCC article. Might even be where BBC got the info for the article.
Defininetly hinting at what weve all been talking about. 

What gives it away is the fact hes talking about the same 3 coaching positions that are relevant. And the fact in my previous post hes hinting that one of the reasons the JAGS have been pretty quite, is because there will still be some change amongst the current offensive staff. i.e. Replaced respectively.  

Cant wait to see what kind of "team" Gus and Dave are trying to put together..

My guess is that John O was BCC's source. 

We're 1/3 of the way there!

Quote:We're 1/3 of the way there!
Let the dominoes start falling!!!!!

Is it April Fools Day already?

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed."
;
- B.C. Forbes

I would be beyond happy if Gase comes to the Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2015, 02:35 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:It would have been nice to have this settled before the Senior Bowl. That way the offensive staff could actually get a first hand look at these prospects rather than get second hand accounts from the other coaches who were there. Unless of course the draft will be defence, defence, defence...

You don't think Adam Gase and Greg Olson can go to Mobile?

NFL.com only says Olson will interview Wednesday, so for all I know it be happen there when Gus Bradley is not busy with the players and media.

Quote:You don't think Adam Gase and Greg Olson can go to Mobile?

NFL.com only says Olson will interview Wednesday, so for all I know it be happen there when Gus Bradley is not busy with the players and media.

Of course the interviews are happening in Mobile.  Gus isn't flying home to do them.  Odds are that all of the candidates are going to be in Mobile regardless, so it's a good opportunity to pull together the interviews there.  Much more convenient. 

People who are worried about the fact that not having an OC or other position coaches on staff because they'll miss out on the Senior Bowl exposure don't understand that, like the combine, most guys who are potential candidates for openings are going to be in Mobile the week of the Senior Bowl.  They want to have relevant knowledge of the guys that are playing in the game. 

I remember when Coughlin was fired by the Jags.  He was still getting film on players who were going to be in the draft so he stayed current on trends in the league. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:We're 1/3 of the way there!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...line-coach

From the link: "Charged with reshaping one of the league's least effective units, Marrone can take solace in the fact that he's now the highest-paid offensive line coach in NFL history."

Quote:I would be beyond happy if Gase comes to the Jaguars.

Me too. I was worried about him picking the Ravens, but because he is their first and our last candidate, we have the advantage of already knowing who we don't want.

Trestman gets hired in Baltimore as their OC...Writing is on the wall for Gase to be our OC.