Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Big Cat Country: "Jaguars hope to hire Adam Gase, Doug Marrone, and Greg Olson as offensive assistants."

WE WANT THE TRUTH! :teehee:

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:WE WANT THE TRUTH! :teehee:
[Image: you-cant-handle-the-truth-meme-generator...9789dd.jpg]

I heard shad is in the office too...

can't wait for an official announcement

Quote:Sounds way too good to be true, but it makes sense. They have to give Bortles the best chance to succeed. Surround him with great coaches, and give him some veteran players.
^^^^^ THIS^^^^

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2015, 02:25 PM by Vicbow Rules.)

If this is true and if it happens there can be no doubt that Khan is committed to producing a true sustainable winner here in Jax.  

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Sounds too good to be true but hope it is.  I can't believe Marrone would be satisfied with being a line coach after walking away from a head coaching job.

Quote:Sounds too good to be true but hope it is.  I can't believe Marrone would be satisfied with being a line coach after walking away from a head coaching job.

Its my understanding that he is going to be making his head coach salary in addition to any new contract.  If he isn't getting legit sniffs for HC, he might be looking to pad the ole wallet a little.

― Albert Camus

Also, if this turns out to be true, it says a lot about the state of our roster and the perception of the future of the franchise within league circles.  

― Albert Camus

wow 3 pages in and no BCC and or Alfie bashing. Im impressed. 

Some Ravens fans are apparently opposed to the idea of Gase as their OC. Seeing that as if he doesn't get a HC job this year, he'll be a one year OC rental, and then move on to a HC position. I would like to think that if we do get Gase he'll probably stay here for more than one year, but Khan and Gus have to know that they are taking a calculated risk with this potential hire. But if Gus gets fired, then in all likelihood the job is his for the taking.

why hasnt alfie or BCC updated us yet, coem on dammit

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2015, 02:59 PM by BassX97.)

I need to know why the in actual bleep would Olson and Marrone actually accept anything other than an OC job? I thought there was like 4-5 OC jobs left.

With that said, IF this miracle somehow happens, The Jags offense will QUANTUM leap over the next two years.

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Think John O may know somthing?

"Travis from Boynton Beach, FL:

O man, if you had a say, who would be your choice as the next offensive coordinator in Duval?

John: The specific coordinator hired by the Jaguars isn’t as important as finding the right combination of coordinator/offensive line/quarterbacks coach. That’s something that could be any number of combinations, including coaches already here. The names we’ve been hearing don’t have to be coordinators, remember. My guess is you’ll see some fairly significant change, but that’s a story for the coming days. Of all the names out there, I’m intrigued by Nathaniel Hackett, who has a very good reputation as a good, young offensive coordinator. I also still like the idea of a veteran coach working with the offensive line in some capacity – and I think Greg Olson would do a very good job working with Blake Bortles in some capacity as well."

Quote:I need to know why the in actual bleep would Olson and Marrone actually accept anything other than an OC job? I thought there was like 4-5 OC jobs left.

With that said, IF this miracle somehow happens, The Jags offense will QUANTUM leap over the next two years.
Maybe Gus really is just that good at manipulating people.

Must . curb . Excitement .

But I don't want to. If this happens it could be huge for the jags.

If I was Khan I would pay them and tell them to have a field day in free agency.

I'm sure the cap space is a good selling point.

Quote:Must . curb . Excitement .

But I don't want to. If this happens it could be huge for the jags.

If I was Khan I would pay them and tell them to have a field day in free agency.

I'm sure the cap space is a good selling point.

The defense was already coming along nicely. This could be the key to a good offense to compliment it.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I just hope that we're not being fooled to get our hopes up again about potentially blockbuster signings by the Jags.

HA .... wouldn't it be great to build this hype then announce we hired that Kirby dude

Quote:Maybe Gus really is just that good at manipulating people.

the only one who could pull this off is Khan...by opening the checkbook pretty wide.

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:the only one who could pull this off is Khan...by opening the checkbook pretty wide.
We certainly have the money to do it.