Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Big Cat Country: "Jaguars hope to hire Adam Gase, Doug Marrone, and Greg Olson as offensive assistants."

Quote:I need to know why the in actual bleep would Olson and Marrone actually accept anything other than an OC job? I thought there was like 4-5 OC jobs left.

With that said, IF this miracle somehow happens, The Jags offense will QUANTUM leap over the next two years.

There is only one logical explanation:

[Image: gusjuice.jpg]GUS JUICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Anybody have an idea when we should hear an update?

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2015, 03:27 PM by D0hv.)

Hope it happens, but with everything Jaguars related you must be pessimistic about it or you'll be let down.
-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996

Quote:Think John O may know somthing?

"Travis from Boynton Beach, FL:

O man, if you had a say, who would be your choice as the next offensive coordinator in Duval?

John: The specific coordinator hired by the Jaguars isn’t as important as finding the right combination of coordinator/offensive line/quarterbacks coach. That’s something that could be any number of combinations, including coaches already here. The names we’ve been hearing don’t have to be coordinators, remember. My guess is you’ll see some fairly significant change, but that’s a story for the coming days. Of all the names out there, I’m intrigued by Nathaniel Hackett, who has a very good reputation as a good, young offensive coordinator. I also still like the idea of a veteran coach working with the offensive line in some capacity – and I think Greg Olson would do a very good job working with Blake Bortles in some capacity as well."

No, his journalistic integrity drops nearly every day in my eyes.  When he started the job he was rather objective.  Now, he is full on drunk on teal kool aid.

Quote:Anybody have an idea when we should hear an update?

Something tells me that IF they are hired, we won't hear anything till after dinner time as I fully expect Khan to take them out.

Also wouldn't surprise me if they teased us until after the senior bowl
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Something tells me that IF they are hired, we won't hear anything till after dinner time as I fully expect Khan to take them out.

Also wouldn't surprise me if they teased us until after the senior bowl
Eccept i would think they would be taken to the senior bowl to get a look at the talent and let Gus and Dave know their opinions

Quote:Eccept i would think they would be taken to the senior bowl to get a look at the talent and let Gus and Dave know their opinions

yeah but our FO are masochists who like to toy with our emotions
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:yeah but our FO are masochists who like to toy with our emotions

I often get these confused, but I think you mean sadistic...I think hope?

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Or this was all just an Alfie ploy to get hits? Odd that there has been nothing from O'Hallaran or Mark Long. Hope he is right.

Quote:I often get these confused, but I think you mean sadistic...I <del>think</del> hope?

hahaha I did. But then again, do we really know how Gus gets down?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

How are they toying with your emotions?

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2015, 04:10 PM by Edjax.)

Quote:How are they toying with your emotions?

Yea, seems to me it would be Alfie toying with his emotions since the FO hasn't said anything about it.

Well I should say just the Jags in geberal. Taking leads and then blowing it, Blackmon teasing us for a game here and there, waiting so long to start Bortles, giving us zero information about these interviews.

Was mainly just a joke though bc I hate waiting
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I hope they called TMD to make sure these guys are on the up and up
They were #9, 27, and 32 respectively on his list, I'm sure.

He's probably telling the gals at his bar who the team should be hiring, and no doubt, the list of actual candidates is going to be disappointing for him no matter who it is, even if it's the guy he has at the top of his list.  He'll find a way to hate the hire regardless. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Yea, seems to me it would be Alfie toying with his emotions since the FO hasn't said anything about it.

Exactly. Everybody is hanging on the words of a barely relevant blogger.

Quote:Anybody have an idea when we should hear an update?
Yes.  I'm pretty sure Gus does.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Because they're going about the process deliberately, and with some sort of plan in mind?  Yeah, that's horrible. They should really just rush into a hire to help the anxiety level among certain fans. 

Toying with our emotions ...... is that like marketing the worlds largest video boards but when you get in there you realize the replays are only being shown on 1/3 of the board and the other 2/3 is used for advertising and showing it's 3rd and 10 with the ball on the 20 yard line. 

This would be an absolute coup, if true. Would make sense if some of the random guys we've been linked to (Wilson, Lynn, Callahan etc.) were because we were interested in them as position coaches and not as OC. 

You guys realize it was a joke right?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS