Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Big Cat Country: "Jaguars hope to hire Adam Gase, Doug Marrone, and Greg Olson as offensive assistants."

Quote:Why won't alfie at least say where the source came from? For all we know it might have come from BJORN.

You don't really "get" sources, do you?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Were we trolled by Alfie again?

Yeah I don't know about this Alfie guy.. All guesses hoping it sticks.
Shock the world

Quote:Were we trolled by Alfie again?

I'm hoping it's just Gase doing his due diligence of following through with his interviews he already agreed to. For all we know he said

"Mr. Khan, I want to accept your offer however I did promise Baltimore an interview. Let me fly out tonight to meet with them and let them know in person I'll be accepting the job here"

I actually think he wasn't supposed to meet with Baltimore till Wednesday or something. So flying out to meet with them tonight might actually be in our favor.

Or I could be 100% wrong.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I'm hoping it's just Gase doing his due diligence of following through with his interviews he already agreed to. For all we know he said

"Mr. Khan, I want to accept your offer however I did promise Baltimore an interview. Let me fly out tonight to meet with them and let them know in person I'll be accepting the job here"

I actually think he wasn't supposed to meet with Baltimore till Wednesday or something. So flying out to meet with them tonight might actually be in our favor.

I don't think he has to fly anywhere. Everybody's in Mobile for the Senior Bowl. 

Just because something gets reported doesn't mean it becomes reality 12 hours later.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Just going by what the Jaguars do in the past it's doubtful.  Kirby will probably be the OC because this team always tries to be "innovative."

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I'm hoping it's just Gase doing his due diligence of following through with his interviews he already agreed to. For all we know he said

[Image: gif-4.gif]

It was more like, "Mr Khan I don't want to be a part of this nightmare."   If all the news is true I see him going to a contender like Baltimore.  The "X" factor is if Bradley does not show improvement here Gase could be the next HC.  It makes too much sense.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Jason La Canfora just confirmed we're after these three, so that should get rid of the "Alfie's making it up" crowd.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora'>Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/557312826424184832' title="6:05 PM - 19 Jan 2015">2m2 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Lots of moving parts in JAX, w/Jags talking to Adam Gase, Doug Marrone and Greg Olson. Gase would visit BAL next; Ravens like Marrone too

Quote:Jason La Canfora just confirmed we're after these three, so that should get rid of the "Alfie's making it up" crowd.

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora  2m2 minutes ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Lots of moving parts in JAX, w/Jags talking to Adam Gase, Doug Marrone and Greg Olson. Gase would visit BAL next; Ravens like Marrone too

</div>
Thank goodness.

I'd cream myself for this.. 

Well at least someone more trustworthy has noted it.

Quote:Jason La Canfora just confirmed we're after these three, so that should get rid of the "Alfie's making it up" crowd.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora'>Jason La Canfora ‏@
JasonLaCanfora </a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/557312826424184832'>2m2 minutes ago</a>

Lots of moving parts in JAX, w/Jags talking to Adam Gase, Doug Marrone and Greg Olson. Gase would visit BAL next; Ravens like Marrone too

But we already knew prior to this morning that we had talked to all 3.

Really it's hard to put into words how unexpectedly good this would be. If you had told me when we fired Fisch that we'd end up with Gase at OC, Marrone at OL coach and Olson at QB coach I would've punched you in the face. Then when we were linked to some... uninspiring names... and some of the actual good candidates out there went  with other teams, things were looking even worse. If the Jags can actually come out of this offseason with this kind of upgrade on the offensive staff I'll be jumping for joy. 

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2015, 07:19 PM by Tuxedo.)

Quote:But we already knew prior to this morning that we had talked to all 3.

It would be a pretty extreme coincidence that La Canfora only mentions those three if they weren't tied together in some fashion when we've also had interviews with four other coaches.

While I like these 3 in the positions mentioned I hope we don't settle with Marrone or Olson at OC if Gase goes to Baltimore.

I bet Gase goes to the Ravens.

Per Alfie: "Per <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>@RapSheet</a> Gase will interview with the Ravens tonight."

"Khan had Caldwell interview with the Jets and told him to choose the right job for him. Possibly the same type of thing with Gase."

He also seemed to confirm what Jason La Confora had been saying.

Quote:Per Alfie: "Per [/size]

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>@
RapSheet</a> Gase will interview with the Ravens tonight."[/size]

"Khan had Caldwell interview with the Jets and told him to choose the right job for him. Possibly the same type of thing with Gase."[/size]

I forgot he had Caldwell do that. I believe that move was what sealed it with DC. Hopefully we'll have an answer tomorrow.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS