Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Big Cat Country: "Jaguars hope to hire Adam Gase, Doug Marrone, and Greg Olson as offensive assistants."

Quote:Per Alfie: "Per
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>@RapSheet</a> Gase will interview with the Ravens tonight."

"Khan had Caldwell interview with the Jets and told him to choose the right job for him. Possibly the same type of thing with Gase."

That's what I'm thinking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think that it's good that Khan is letting him interview with one more team. He'll choose what is best for him. That's how we'll know that we have a teamplayer.

We only need one. The one who can get Bortles into the Andrew Luck/Russell Wilson category.

Regards..................the Chiefjag

Quote:We only need one. The one who can get Bortles into the Andrew Luck/Russell Wilson category.

Regards..................the Chiefjag
Russell Wilson is overrated IMO.

Quote:Because that's the quickest way to assure that source doesn't have a job tomorrow.
It was probably just Tony Khan anyways. I'm joking of course, but that would be hilarious and so ironic if he was Alfie's source.

Quote:Russell Wilson is overrated IMO.
He's a good QB, but not on Luck's level at all IMO.

Quote:He's a good QB, but not on Luck's level at all IMO.
Yeah, I agree. He's a notch higher than Luck.

Wilson has a shot at two rings, thats pretty nice. I do wonder if Luck will get one, let alone us.

Quote:He's a good QB, but not on Luck's level at all IMO.

He has one ring already and is one game away from possibly having a second.

Time to give credit where due.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Yeah, I agree. He's a notch higher than Luck.
How is that?

Quote:He has one ring already and is one game away from possibly having a second.

if that's your only argument then might as well say Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2015, 08:38 PM by TheSlinger.)

Quote:He has one ring already and is one game away from possibly having a second.

With the best defense in the NFL and a consistently dominant running game. You don't think Luck could win with an elite defense and an elite running game?

Quote:How is that?
More clutch, more elusive, better leader, more efficient, better looking, and he'll end up with more rings with lesser receivers

Quote:With the best defense in the NFL and a consistently dominant running game. You don't think Luck could win with an elite defense and an elite running game?
Not to mention that he threw 4 INT's yesterday while under pressure and while in the pocket. If he does that against New England, those 4 INT's get turned into 4 New England touchdowns. He's very blessed to be with such a talented team and head coach, but if he was on any other team he wouldn't make much of a difference.

Quote:if that's your only argument then might as well say Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino.

Dilfer went to one super bowl.. Wilson is on his second.

Wilson has a 72-26 TD INT ratio.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm'>http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm</a>

Let's just say Dilfer was never close.

Quote:More clutch, more elusive, better leader, more efficient, better looking, and he'll end up with more rings with lesser receivers
More clutch maybe. I don't see him as more elusive as Luck has a great pocket presence. And I find Luck to be more efficient. Better at making reads and going through progressions.

Better looking really? Lol. Didn't realize that had anything to do with it.

Wilson also did it with an amazing defense and run game something Luck doesn't have.

Quote:Dilfer went to one super bowl.. Wilson is on his second.

Wilson has a 72-26 TD INT ratio.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm'>http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm</a>

Let's just say Dilfer was never close.
you're missing the point. You based everything on super bowl rings and didn't mention anything else. Dilfer isn't good and Wilson is obviously better.

Quote:With the best defense in the NFL and a consistently dominant running game. You don't think Luck could win with an elite defense and an elite running game?

I think Luck could win it all under those circumstances, but there have been plenty of QBs who had both and won nothing...including Garrard and Brunell when they were here, McNair, et al.

Quote:you're missing the point. You based everything on super bowl rings and didn't mention anything else. Dilfer isn't good and Wilson is obviously better.

I didn't base everything on the ring...just that post.

My point is that Wilson deserves more credit than he is getting.

Yes he has the benefit of a strong running game and defense, but has an average receiving corps compared to other QBs.

Quote:I think Luck could win it all under those circumstances, but there have been plenty of QBs who had both and won nothing...including Garrard and Brunell when they were here, McNair, et al.

Are you really going to compare those Jaguars/Titans defenses and running games to what Seattle has right now?