Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Big Cat Country: "Jaguars hope to hire Adam Gase, Doug Marrone, and Greg Olson as offensive assistants."

Does anyone have proof Shad Khan told Adam Gase to interview with the Ravens?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

On the bright side, since when have we ever been in contention with a playoff team for the services of an offensive coordinator whose name has some buzz to it?

Quote:They were elite within the context of those seasons.

I would say that 2006 Jaguars defense is not quite as good as this Seattle defense. This Seattle defense rushed the passer better and had a better secondary.

But that 2006 Defense was Super Bowl caliber. Steve Young himself indicated as much after the 9-0 win over Pittsburgh.
It's a real shame that in all those years between 2003-2008 we didn't have as competent of a passing game to back it up. I don't think that there's any question that we should have been serious SB contenders during that time had we done so.

Quote:On the bright side, since when have we ever been in contention with a playoff team for the services of an offensive coordinator whose name has some buzz to it?

It only matters to me if that coach chose us over the playoff team. My guess is Kevin Gilbride, but I don't know who else interviewed him.

Quote:Does anyone have proof Shad Khan told Adam Gase to interview with the Ravens?
Of course not.

Quote:Of course not.

So they need to stop saying it.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2015, 01:23 AM by D6.)

Quote:There are like 4-5 teams that still need to hire an OC. 

Amazingly,  he even more than that:

1.   Jacksonville

2.   NY Jets  ( Chan Gainey hasn't been hired yet. ).

3    Baltimore

4.   Cleveland

5.   Chicago

6.   San Francisco

7.   St. Louis

I am surprised Chan Gailey has not been hired yet. NFL.com reports new coach Todd Bowles is expected to hire him for the OC job.

Quote:I am surprised Chan Gailey has not been hired yet. NFL.com reports new coach Todd Bowles is expected to hire him for the OC job.

According to the New York Post article below,   3 other teams in addition to the Jets have interest in Chan Gailey to join their coaching staffs:

http://nypost.com/2015/01/19/chan-gailey...done-deal/

Quote:According to the New York Post article below, 3 other teams in addition to the Jets have interest in Chan Gailey to join their coaching staffs:

Todd Bowles needs to hurry up then.

Quote:Todd Bowles needs to hurry up then.

IMO,  it's better to make the right decision than making a decision out of haste.

musgrave to raiders... does anyone know how the interview went in baltimore yesterday?

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:musgrave to raiders... does anyone know how the interview went in baltimore yesterday?
Seems it's over.....could be nothing or could be that they just offered him a contract.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2015, 07:00 AM by imtheblkranger.)

Quote:Seems it's over.....could be nothing or could be that they just offered him a contract.

Even if they offered a contract, doesn't mean he necessarily takes it. We'll find out this afternoon hopefully
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I can't help thinking that the sane interpretation of events is that the Jags offered him a contract, he went to see what Baltimore would offer (with Jacksonville's offer as leverage) and now is either deciding between the two contracts or is playing the two sides off against each other somewhat (hey, Gus, the Ravens offered me twice that - can you up your offer any?) - which is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

There's also an article in the Baltimore Sun saying they are just beginning the OC search and Gase is their first interview and that they expect the search to be extensive.

Sorry can't link it from my phone. They may not even offer a contract yet.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Either one of two things is happening.

Alfie actually has this info and no other media member in Jacksonville does. Not O'Halloran, Frenette, Ballou, Hicken, Martineau, Prisco, nobody.

Or Alfie is throwing something out there hoping it sticks and it likely won't.

We'll see.

;

;

Quote:It's a real shame that in all those years between 2003-2008 we didn't have as competent of a passing game to back it up. I don't think that there's any question that we should have been serious SB contenders during that time had we done so.
Absolutely.

We let a Super Bowl caliber defense go to waste.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Either one of two things is happening.

Alfie actually has this info and no other media member in Jacksonville does. Not O'Halloran, Frenette, Ballou, Hicken, Martineau, Prisco, nobody.

We'll see.

Reading this makes me sad. How piss poor the Jacksonville sports media truly is.

Quote:Either one of two things is happening.

We'll see.

Well LaCanfora and Rappaport did tweet some similar knowledge. Not the exact same, but too similar to be coincidence
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS