Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Adam Gase expected to land in either Jacksonville or Baltimore per Ian Rapoport

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/557192368127225856

Baltimore expected to interview him soon.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Alfie just reported team wants Gase as OC, Marrone as line coach and Olsen as QB coach or some kind of offensive coach. Wow, big news if true.

Seems like a legit candidate.
Shock the world

Quote:Alfie just reported team wants Gase as OC, Marrone as line coach and Olsen as QB coach or some kind of offensive coach. Wow, big news if true.

This would be fantastic if it came to fruition, wow.

Quote:Alfie just reported team wants Gase as OC, Marrone as line coach and Olsen as QB coach or some kind of offensive coach. Wow, big news if true.

Just saw that too.... Would be awesome.

I would love that
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

That would be a lot of top flight offensive minds. I would be happy with any of the 3, but to get all of them would be a major get.

Not sure I would say Olsen is a top flight offensive mind, but would be a solid QB coach. Getting Marrone and Gase both would be great. Still not sure he would pick to come here over Baltimore but I hope I am wrong.

Alfie is reporting so it must be true....

Well at the very least, quality coaches.

Quote:Not sure I would say Olsen is a top flight offensive mind, but would be a solid QB coach. Getting Marrone and Gase both would be great. Still not sure he would pick to come here over Baltimore but I hope I am wrong.
If Baltimore said come coach Flacco and guys for 2 milly

and Jax said come build an offense for 3 milly...

I'm guessing he'd take the 3...

just a guess.

Can anybody confirm if Gase's mother lives here in Jacksonville area?

My wife was telling me a lady at our church last year said her son calls the plays for the Broncos and knows Peyton really well.  The same lady just moved to World Golf Village.  My wife was not sure what her last name was though.

If that is the case, I think this comes into play at least a little in Gase's decision. 

Quote:If Baltimore said come coach Flacco and guys for 2 milly

and Jax said come build an offense for 3 milly...

I'm guessing he'd take the 3...

just a guess.

Obviously.

But it is unlikely the difference in money is that signifigant.

Quote:Alfie is reporting so it must be true....

He's reporting they have interest.

Quote:Obviously.

But it is unlikely the difference in money is that signifigant.
Depends how much they like Gase...

If Shad and Dave and Gus are all on board with this "super team" if you will, of offensive guys to build an offensive staff...

Maybe they'd make Gase the highest paid OC in the league.

I honestly don't know but my guess is they throw enough at him to try and prevent him from even making the trip to Baltimore.

Quote:Can anybody confirm if Gase's mother lives here in Jacksonville area?

My wife was telling me a lady at our church last year said her son calls the plays for the Broncos and knows Peyton really well.  The same lady just moved to World Golf Village.  My wife was not sure what her last name was though.

If that is the case, I think this comes into play at least a little in Gase's decision. 

Prisco mentioned that last week Gase had family in the area. Could very well be his mother.

Also you have to think:

Flacco, T Smith, old Steve Smith, For setting

or build something with

Bortles who he likes a lot, a trio of promising recievers, DRob, maybe Blackmon, and a potential HC vaulting position if you succeed. ..

Add family and more money on top of it? I don't think it's a hard decision.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Be quite the coup to pull it off.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:Also you have to think:

Flacco, T Smith, old Steve Smith, For setting

or build something with

Bortles who he likes a lot, a trio of promising recievers, DRob, maybe Blackmon, and a potential HC vaulting position if you succeed. ..

Add family and more money on top of it? I don't think it's a hard decision.

There's a good chance Torrey Smith isn't even a Raven next season, the Ravens are highly unlikely to franchise him letting him test the free agent waters.