Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Adam Gase expected to land in either Jacksonville or Baltimore per Ian Rapoport

Isn't Marrone going to Houston?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well, the biggest concern I have with Gase, is that I wonder how much of the success that he had with Denver was due to his own genius, or Peyton Manning's. I'm willing to bet the latter but we'll see.

I have a difficult time believing the Jaguars haven't done their due diligence in making sure Gase is/isn't simply a "product" of Peyton Manning, odds are they've talked to other coaches (both offensively and defensively) around the league to gauge Adam's competence, and I'm sure they came away impressed. They obviously talk X's and O's in the interview process as well, seeing as how he's clearly the lead candidate for this job leads me to believe this a young offensive coach with a bright offensive mind who would thrive with any competent QB, not just Manning.

I thought if you want a guy you don't let him leave without a contract?

Quote:I have a difficult time believing the Jaguars haven't done their due diligence in making sure Gase is/isn't simply a "product" of Peyton Manning, odds are they've talked to other coaches (both offensively and defensively) around the league to gauge Adam's competence, and I'm sure they came away impressed. They obviously talk X's and O's in the interview process as well, seeing as how he's clearly the lead candidate for this job leads me to believe this a young offensive coach with a bright offensive mind who would thrive with any competent QB, not just Manning.

I think the switch from pass-happy to run-first this year halfway through in Denver speaks to Gase's versatility.  He recognized that Peyton was losing it and adjusted accordingly.

Quote:I thought if you want a guy you don't let him leave without a contract?
Well they're (Gase, Marrone and Olson) meeting with Shad right now apparently. So they haven't left. I don't think Gus was in a position to offer the contract, just to tell Shad the guys he wants and let him do his thing.

Quote:I think the switch from pass-happy to run-first this year halfway through in Denver speaks to Gase's versatility.  He recognized that Peyton was losing it and adjusted accordingly.

Their offense dropped off overall throughout the season so how does that positively reflect on Gase?

Quote:Well they're (Gase, Marrone and Olson) meeting with Shad right now apparently. So they haven't left. I don't think Gus was in a position to offer the contract, just to tell Shad the guys he wants and let him do his thing.
Fair enough

Quote:Their offense dropped off overall throughout the season so how does that positively reflect on Gase?
That's usually what happens when your 38 year old QB is playing injured.

I wonder if Gase lures Orange Julius over
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:That's usually what happens when your 38 year old QB is playing injured.

38 year old QB with (by far) the weakest arm in the league playing with a torn quad.

Quote:Well they're (Gase, Marrone and Olson) meeting with Shad right now apparently. So they haven't left. I don't think Gus was in a position to offer the contract, just to tell Shad the guys he wants and let him do his thing.

this is what I think. Pretty sure Gus said "these are the guys, let's make it happen"

Khan won't let them walk if they're Gus' top guys
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:38 year old QB with (by far) the weakest arm in the league playing with a torn quad.
His age and health are fair points...but he was over throwing the go routes on the outside so I'm not sure that a weak arm was the problem.

Quote:His age and health are fair points...but he was over throwing the go routes on the outside so I'm not sure that a weak arm was the problem.

Arm strength isn't an issue when throwing a go route, every QB in the league can throw the ball 50 yards downfield. Arm strength is an issue when you're trying to throw outside the hashes (out routes) 12-15 yards downfield, that throw requires plenty of zip for obvious reasons.

Quote:Arm strength isn't an issue when throwing a go route, every QB in the league can throw the ball 50 yards downfield. Arm strength is an issue when you're trying to throw outside the hashes (out routes) 12-15 yards downfield, that throw requires plenty of zip for obvious reasons.

his arm isn't the "weakest by far"

[quote name="badger" post="422874" timestamp="1421691997"]

[/quot

there isn't a QB in the league with a weaker arm than Manning.

If you believe that your a fool

Quote:[quote name="badger" post="422874" timestamp="1421691997"]

[/quot

there isn't a QB in the league with a weaker arm than Manning.
Johnny Football

The OC isn't the one throwing INT's. The OC is irrelevant in our situation.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:If you believe that your a fool

I'm fool for believing Peyton Manning (who never had a strong arm to begin with) after numerous neck surgeries playing with a torn frickin quad doesn't have the weakest arm in the league? You're not a competent enough person to have this argument with so I'll stop.

Quote:The OC isn't the one throwing INT's. The OC is irrelevant in our situation.

GOOD JOB KEEP IT UP BROE SO FUNNY