Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chris Mortesen reports Adam Gase had a "high" draft grade on Blake Bortles last year

Not sure if this is newsworthy but thought it was pretty cool, just saw it on ESPN. If it's true there's a good chance he accepts the job if it's offered to him, the Jaguars patience in finding the "right guy" for this job will pay off in the long run.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good to hear if he gets the job. Might be a tipping point towards the Jags. He probably has a good idea how to utilize his strengths, especially after being with Peyton and seeing his mechanics and everything. I wouldn't be opposed to Gase at all.

Side note, as much as the wait is killing me, I'd rather them be thorough than just hire the first interview. I'm one of the few who still has faith in Gus.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Plenty of us still have faith in Gus.

I really want Gase to get the job.

I hope not. I want a guy who will stay here for more than a year. Gase will be getting a HC job soon

Ill take gase. Even if for 2 years.

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:I hope not. I want a guy who will stay here for more than a year. Gase will be getting a HC job soon

Great point but I still would prefer him over some others. 

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:I hope not. I want a guy who will stay here for more than a year. Gase will be getting a HC job soon
If Gase goes for a HC job next year that means he had a good year here. Bortles would have to have a good year for Gase to be considered to have a good year so I'd be more than happy in that situation.

Quote:I really want Gase to get the job.

Me too. Nobody can prove Peyton Manning makes a bad coach look good if he has not coached any other starting quarterbacks in the NFL. The fact that he was a candidate for several head coach jobs this year means he does a lot more as Denver's offensive coordinator than people think and has the ability to work with younger quarterbacks.

Gus Bradley has the right to deny other teams permission to interview him. Ken Whisenhunt did that to Mike Mularkey and the 49ers did it to Vic Fangio. If our offense improves a lot this year with Adam Gase, there is a good chance that could happen to him.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2015, 03:15 PM by eleventy blue.)

Quote:If Gase goes for a HC job next year that means he had a good year here. Bortles would have to have a good year for Gase to be considered to have a good year so I'd be more than happy in that situation.

Exactly. Bortles would of had a good year which means the team probably had a good year. He leaves at the end of the season and we could promote from within still using Gase's offensive system

He'll become a HC if and only if he does well here.  

I'll take that deal. 

Oops, sorry, someone already said that.   Anyway, that's my thought, too. 

Quote:Gus Bradley has the right to deny other teams permission to interview him. Ken Whisenhunt did that to Mike Mularkey and the 49ers did it to Vic Fangio. If our offense improves a lot this year with Adam Gase, there is a good chance that could happen to him.

There is no chance of that happening.  You cannot deny an OC the chance to interview to be a HC.  It's not allowed.

Even if it was, Gus isn't the type of guy to deny a guy a chance to further himself with an interview.  

Quote:There is no chance of that happening.  You cannot deny an OC the chance to interview to be a HC.  It's not allowed.

Even if it was, Gus isn't the type of guy to deny a guy a chance to further himself with an interview.
. Actually u should listen to Gus Bradley Show from last Thursday. Gus said u actually can block but he said it would depend on situation on if he would block.

Does the fact that his old HC not wanting him as an OC with his new team concern anybody?

Quote:Does the fact that his old HC not wanting him as an OC with his new team concern anybody?

Per a tweet by Ian Rappoport this morning the Bears have requested permission to interview Gase.

Quote:Per a tweet by Ian Rappoport this morning the Bears have requested permission to interview Gase.

Odd that requires am interview... "Soooo, Adam. Do you think you can fix Jay Cutler?"

Quote:Odd that requires am interview... "Soooo, Adam. Do you think you can fix Jay Cutler?"

I don't think he has a Psychology degree, soooooo.....probably not.

Quote:Odd that requires am interview... "Soooo, Adam. Do you think you can fix Jay Cutler?"
. Only God can fix Cutler or anybody for that matter.

Quote:. Only God can fix Cutler or anybody for that matter.

Ok