Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chris Mortesen reports Adam Gase had a "high" draft grade on Blake Bortles last year

Does anyone have some case background pre manning? Like what his offensive playcalling was like?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He wasn't calling plays pre-Manning.  His first opportunity to be an OC was last year. 

Denver is a good example of what happens when you take a team and get a real QB.  Their offense was consistently in the bottom half of the league for the years leading up to Manning's arrival.  After they signed Peyton, their offense was ranked second in 2012 and 2014, and the top ranked offense in 2013, the first year Gase was calling the plays.

How much of his success is the result of the QB he was paired with, and how much was coaching? 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:He wasn't calling plays pre-Manning.  His first opportunity to be an OC was last year. 

Denver is a good example of what happens when you take a team and get a real QB.  Their offense was consistently in the bottom half of the league for the years leading up to Manning's arrival.  After they signed Peyton, their offense was ranked second in 2012 and 2014, and the top ranked offense in 2013, the first year Gase was calling the plays.

How much of his success is the result of the QB he was paired with, and how much was coaching? 

This is what has me worried about Gase. Any coach could look good with Manning, especially when Manning is probably calling half the plays.

Quote:This is what has me worried about Gase. Any coach could look good with Manning, especially when Manning is probably calling half the plays.

Good players make any coach look better.  Look at all the guys who came out of the NE coaching tree and what they did when they were hired by other teams. 

Gase may be a good coordinator, but most folks recognize that when Manning is your QB, you're not doing a whole lot of play calling.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Good players make any coach look better. Look at all the guys who came out of the NE coaching tree and what they did when they were hired by other teams.

Gase may be a good coordinator, but most folks recognize that when Manning is your QB, you're not doing a whole lot of play calling.

That's what I thought. That's the issue with gase for me. I'm sure he's picked up some things from Peyton but he has no track record of calling plays. I would think it would be silly to put your young, potential franchise QB in the hands of someone with no history of helping them succeed.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I would like Gase here.

Gus better think long and hard about this one.The head of the snake gets cut off next year if this hire doesn't work out.

Gase getting interest from Baltimore to replace Kubiak. Lets not kid ourselves. Why would Gase come here over Baltimore?

Quote:Gus better think long and hard about this one.The head of the snake gets cut off next year if this hire doesn't work out.

I don't think anyone can accuse Gus of rushing into a hire here. 

Quote:Gase getting interest from Baltimore to replace Kubiak. Lets not kid ourselves. Why would Gase come here over Baltimore?

If he's smart he'll go where he can work with an established QB.  That strategy has worked well for him so far.

Ian Rapoport is reporting that Gase is going to get hired by us or Baltimore.  Makes sense if he's our #1 candidate on why we've waited so long.

Quote:I don't think anyone can accuse Gus of rushing into a hire here. 

Well...TMD could...

Never mind.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

The wait is a bit of a drag. But, this could honestly be it for Caldwell and Bradley depending on how Khan feels. This team has to show tremendous improvement in 2015 or they could both be shown the door. I don't know if Khan will go as far as 2016 with these guys. But if they can get us to 7 - 9. I think they're safe.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:I don't think anyone can accuse Gus of rushing into a hire here. 

If he's smart he'll go where he can work with an established QB.  That strategy has worked well for him so far.

That could actually be somewhat of a reason for him not to go to Baltimore. I'm not privy to why exactly he wasn't hired as a head coach this offseason, but the most common knock on him from fans and media members is that Manning is really the play caller and coordinator in Denver and Gase is an OC in name only. He obviously won't have the established talent or even the same level of stability here, but coming to Jacksonville would be a good chance to prove himself. He would have the opportunity here to mold an offense completely in his vision as opposed to what would likely amount to tinkering with existing pieces in Baltimore, though it would definitely be in for more of a challenge. I'm not saying that makes our open OC position more appealing or theirs less appealing, but I think having success here would put him on an even faster track to becoming a head coach as it would dispel most of the questions surrounding him.

Quote:The wait is a bit of a drag. But, this could honestly be it for Caldwell and Bradley depending on how Khan feels. This team has to show tremendous improvement in 2015 or they could both be shown the door. I don't know if Khan will go as far as 2016 with these guys. But if they can get us to 7 - 9. I think they're safe.

I'm good with keeping Caldwell, I think he's getting better.  But, unless Bradley turns into Belichick this year then I don't see him being here in 2016.

Quote:Gus better think long and hard about this one.The head of the snake gets cut off next year if this hire doesn't work out.

True...Gus with the team, couldn't be more fitting! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAw2TXsgBbY

Im a Gus guy all day long. But could it be possible that they are build the staff with the intention to have some one if Gus gets fired? Maybe Gase will take it if he can become the next head coach if Gus doesn't make it. Maybe even one of the other coaches. 

Quote:Gase getting interest from Baltimore to replace Kubiak. Lets not kid ourselves. Why would Gase come here over Baltimore?
$$$ and Khan got deep pockets

If I were Gase, I would want a good idea of what their free agency plans are and a guarantee to target me some big time weapons.

Who was the OC in Denver with Tebow?

Quote:Who was the OC in Denver with Tebow?

Mike McCoy I believe.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"