Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jaguars will interview ex Bills CO Nathaniel Hackett for OC opening

Quote:This interview could be more about finding out more about Marrone than it is about Hackett.
Or finding out if it was Marrone who really was holding Hackett back. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:With as many openings as there are in the league right now, that doesn't raise any flags for folks?

You would think it should. Considering he's the "QB whisperer" and all.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:You would think it should. Considering he's the "QB whisperer" and all.
And yet he's not setting up his new office yet.  That tells me he's either a lousy interview, or there's something there we're not aware of that's causing teams to think twice.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2015, 11:49 AM by Jinjo.)

Lots of people in Buffalo hated the play calling. Was predictable, repetitive, and not creative. Just the opinion of many Bills fans, take it for what its worth. 

There have been reports that Marrone was holding him back, but who knows. 

The more I read about Hackett, he is intriguing. It sounds like he prefers a fast paced offense. Marrone and he did not see eye to eye.

Some interesting quotes in here.

Quote:It's fair for offensive coordinator Nate Hackett to shoulder some of the blame for those struggles, but running back Fred Jackson believes Hackett was being held back from doing more with the offense.

"I love Nate. I loved what he brought to the table," Jackson said during his weekly appearance on WGR 550 in Buffalo. "He was a guy that, just anybody else on the team was under fire with the lack of performance that we had as an offensive unit.

"But I could definitely see him not getting to do some of the things he wanted to. I had some conversations with him and it wasn't always, at times, what he wanted to get done."

That's a not-so-subtle shot at coach Doug Marrone, whose sudden departure last week left Jackson feeling like he had been "punched in the stomach."

When Marrone and Hackett took control of the Bills' offense in 2013, their offense was built around speed. The Bills averaged 24.7 seconds of possession per play, the second-fastest rate in the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/po...-wanted-to

Quote:Lots of people in Buffalo hated the play calling. Was predictable, repetitive, and not creative. Just the opinion of many Bills fans, take it for what its worth. 

There have been reports that Marrone was holding him back, but who knows. 

Every fan of every team hates the "playcalling" when the offense isn't executing, it all comes down to execution and players not plays. The combination of EJ Manuel/ Kyle Orton with a bunch of 1st and 2nd year receivers doesn't inspire confidence. Brian Billick was a "genius" in MN coordinating an offense that featured Randy Moss, Chris Carter, Robert Smith, and Randall Cunningham, he went on to Baltimore and coordinated and offense that was consistently one of the worst units in the league. Mike McCarthy coordinated the worst offense in the league in 2005 as the 49ers coordinator, Green Bay hires him and all of a sudden he's a genius, again players not plays. I'm not saying Bills fans aren't correct, but every coordinator at this level knows the ins and outs of an offense/defense like the back of their hand, at the end of the day it's up to the guys on the field to execute the call. If you watch the All-22 there were several plays throughout the year where the Jaguars had receivers streaking downfield wide open, we didn't hit on these plays for multiple reasons, the protection broke down, Blake didn't see them, or Blake saw them but couldn't deliver an accurate pass. Where I'm getting at is the Jaguars can hire the brightest offense mind out there, it won't matter if this young offense doesn't take a gigantic step forward next year.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2015, 12:02 PM by Cleatwood.)

<div>Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn  53m53 minutes ago
I get the feeling Gus Bradley and Nathaniel Hackett are going to really hit it off. Two of the most energetic people I've ever met
53 minutes ago

/r/Alfie (ಠ_ಠ) ‏@AlfieBCC  38m38 minutes ago

A lot of the Buffalo people I've talked to love Hackett and think Marrone handcuffed him quite a bit.
</div>

Could be if we get him cut henne and talk kyle orton to come out of retirement to backup BB5

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2015, 12:14 PM by Caldrac.)

Quote:With as many openings as there are in the league right now, that doesn't raise any flags for folks?

Slightly. I think some coaches might be turned off a bit from him because it appeared that he didn't hesitate to throw Jay Cutler under the bus for this year's overall poor peformance on offense. Which I don't know why that surprised anybody. Jay is highly overrated, he's never really been a favorite around the league, and he did get outshined by McCown late last year. It's hard to argue. He does make stupid decisions with the football sometimes.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Press conference:

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos...60a27a6d47

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2015, 12:30 PM by JAGFAN88.)

Quote:Press conference:

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos...60a27a6d47

Now put a Gus gotee on him and hes a perfect fit. :teehee:

Zero idea who this team is going to hire... I mean they haven't really dropped a single hint.

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">
<div>/r/Alfie (ಠ_ಠ) ‏@AlfieBCC  38m38 minutes ago
A lot of the Buffalo people I've talked to love Hackett and think Marrone handcuffed him quite a bit.
</div>

</div>

aka every article/tweet Alfie has read says the same thing.

From my perspective, Hackett has no business calling plays on an NFL team at this point. He was very mediocre holding the same position at Syracuse, so that's about the level he should be calling plays at. I found him to be way too predictable and hellbent on trying to use personnel in ways that aren't suited to their strengths (like running CJ Spiller up the middle). 

It's debatable whether the reports of him being handcuffed by Marrone are true. I'm not sure if I believe them since those rumors were coming from inside the Bills front office.

If Hackett called the plays at Syracuse and Buffalo I would rather have him than Marrone

Quote:I'm starting to wonder if we should have just kept Jedd Fisch.

Yeah really...who are these bums they are interviewing??  They literally have been speaking with failed OC's!  If they are going to do that, they might as well kept Fisch for continuity purposes.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">
<div>Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn  53m53 minutes ago
I get the feeling Gus Bradley and Nathaniel Hackett are going to really hit it off. Two of the most energetic people I've ever met
53 minutes ago

/r/Alfie (ಠ_ಠ) ‏@AlfieBCC  38m38 minutes ago

</div>

</div>

Oh goodness...shoot me now.  It would be absolute insanity when they go 3-13 again...jumping all over the locker room like they won the Super Bowl...no thanks!

[Image: mad.gif]

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

I'd rather have Hackett than Triestman or Marrone.

Quote:From my perspective, Hackett has no business calling plays on an NFL team at this point. He was very mediocre holding the same position at Syracuse, so that's about the level he should be calling plays at. I found him to be way too predictable and hellbent on trying to use personnel in ways that aren't suited to their strengths (like running CJ Spiller up the middle). 

It's debatable whether the reports of him being handcuffed by Marrone are true. I'm not sure if I believe them since those rumors were coming from inside the Bills front office.

Some were direct from Bills players.

Quote:If Hackett called the plays at Syracuse and Buffalo I would rather have him than Marrone
Marrone and Hackett are .500 college football coaches. The simple fact that the Bills decided to hire them should send up major red flags to any team thinking of hiring them for anything.

It's safe to say the Bills were 9-7 despite Marrone and Hackett. Our defense won our games.