Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad Khan

pointless thread 

[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm going to assume that you're either drunk, an adult with an IQ level below 30, or you're 8 years old.

Two out of three "ain't" bad

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Khan bought the team in 2012, they have won 9 of 48 games since. A winning record of .1875.

Which franchise owner has had a worse recorder with a minimum of 3 years as owner?

I'd say whichever old owner out there that still has a Beta "recorder" or maybe even a cassette "recorder" in his possession.

He would have the worse recorder.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Hugh Culverhouse.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

When wayne weaver sold the Jaguars to Shad Khan, Weaver was ranked the 6th worst NFL owner by Forbes,

the wrote;

Wayne Weaver, owner of shoe store chains Nine West and Shoe Carnival, bought the expansion Jaguars in 1995.

Five-Year Franchise Value: 11% decrease.

Five-Year Win Percentage: 42%.

-----------------------------------------------------

As for his Jaguars, despite the losing record, the team's value is $965 million, up from $770 million when he bought it nearly three years ago. - in regards to Khan's success as the Jaguars owner... by Forbes

----------------------------------

I guess it doesnt matter what the product is on the field he's doing well, just ask Redskins owner Daniel Snyder about that.

His net worth estimated at 4.3 Billion

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2015, 12:50 PM by DewtheMathis.)

Quote:Put the beer down and go to bed.
As the #110 ranked richest man in the world by Forbes, I think Shahid Khan could careless what people on the internet think of him

[Image: 620x434.jpg?fit=scale&background=000000]

Quote:Metric football. I'm stealing that term.

I prefer the term divegrass.

Quote:I prefer the term divegrass.

European Flop Ball.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Khan bought the team in 2012, they have won 9 of 48 games since. A winning record of .1875.

Which franchise owner has had a worse recorder with a minimum of 3 years as owner?

What was the Tampa Bay Bucs owner's record after his first three years?

'02

Quote:[quote name="aPatel06" post="419763" timestamp="1421291785"]Is he the owner with worst losing record in the history of professional sports?

Who else had a worse record?[/quote

I believe the Detroit Lions had a record of 2-30 for the 2008-2009 seasons. The Bucs lost their first 26 games. Perhaps the owner can shoulder some blame after 3 years, but to be fair, you have to give him time to implement changes. Check back in a couple years.

I posted before reading this...particularly the part in bold.

'02

Quote:As the #110 ranked richest man in the world by Forbes, I think Shahid Khan could careless what people on the internet think of him

[Image: 620x434.jpg?fit=scale&background=000000]

[Image: Q0iaAZL.png]

Lotsa' snark in this thread (understandably) but the question posed is worthy of consideration. 

Personally, I feel that the thing to take from this is that Khan really bought into a young GM's sales pitch on building through the draft and establishing a core of young talent - even if it takes 3 or 4 years.  That's no easy pill to swallow.  Especially when you have no guarantee of the new talent being worthy of building around. 

The fact that they are going for it (patiently)  and Dave obviously can hit as often as he misses is a very encouraging trend in my eyes. 

The question posted is not worthy of anything except the OP is probably just bored.

Well....there was a reason the aints' fans  invented the bag thing.

[Image: 05bagA-articleLarge.jpg]

Is this goin' somewhere?

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I think Gus and David need 4 years to build a split record team. They basically had nothing on the roster.

Quote:Lotsa' snark in this thread (understandably) but the question posed is worthy of consideration.

Personally, I feel that the thing to take from this is that Khan really bought into a young GM's sales pitch on building through the draft and establishing a core of young talent - even if it takes 3 or 4 years. That's no easy pill to swallow. Especially when you have no guarantee of the new talent being worthy of building around.

The fact that they are going for it (patiently) and Dave obviously can hit as often as he misses is a very encouraging trend in my eyes.

Denial is the reason behind 80% of the responses.

I love this franchise but khan is a get it done kind of guy in the end. This flaming wreck of #$\& is not what he desired.

Quote:... This flaming wreck of #$\& is not what he desired.

Or he understands that the first couple of years of a massive rebuild could resemble a flaming wreck of…..

Either way - 2015 will go a long way to proving if the gamble of committing to a draft-based rebuild was worth it.

Anyone who owns a team in Cleveland.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:Yeah, the Bucanners went winless the first year they existed. 0 - 12 or 0 - 14, something like that. Then they won maybe one or two games in the 2nd year they existed, and then I think just four or five in year three. They finally won 10 games in year four. So that's a good sign right there for any team. It's trendy. Nobody knew who Seattle was until maybe 2005 and then they fell off the face of the earth for a few years. They win a superbowl and they're the talk of the leauge. It happens. Our time will come. Just be patient.
I couldn't agree with u more.

I happen to believe we are going to kick some serious a** next year

Quote:Or he understands that the first couple of years of a massive rebuild could resemble a flaming wreck of…..

Either way - 2015 will go a long way to proving if the gamble of committing to a draft-based rebuild was worth it.
EXACTLY!

I am hopeful that 2015 will amaze us all...

I am optimistic that we will surprise the world and do quite well