Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars Want to Talk to Gase

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington'>Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/555509076239855617' title="6:37 PM - 14 Jan 2015">45s46 seconds ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">With head-coaching gigs suddenly fleeting, teams with OC jobs see opportunity. I’m told Jaguars would like to talk to Adam Gase.

Figured we might as well have a thread on Gase.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Oh please no

FBT called it lol
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

What's wrong with Gase?
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:FBT called it lol
Actually, I called it!

WooHoo!!!

Quote:Actually, I called it!

WooHoo!!!

Winner of the message board back pat!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Winner of the message board back pat!
Yes!!  Fist pump!

Quote:Oh please no
Why not?

He interviewed today for the job in Denver.

There are reports posted in the Gase thread in the NFL at Large forum saying he's also possibly going to remain in Denver as the OC if he doesn't get the head coaching gig.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:He interviewed today for the job in Denver.

There are reports posted in the Gase thread in the NFL at Large forum saying he's also possibly going to remain in Denver as the OC if he doesn't get the head coaching gig.
I know there's a lot more to the equation, you think he'd prefer to have Blake than Brock.

Quote:I know there's a lot more to the equation, you think he'd prefer to have Blake than Brock.

if he stays in Denver he may get one more year of Peyton
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Why not?

Just feel like he's reaping the benefits from Peyton pretty much being the OC in Denver. It's hard to tell the caliber of his play calling skill when his QB is a future Hall of Famer.

Quote:if he stays in Denver he may get one more year of Peyton
From what i just saw, i'd run like heck!

Quote:I know there's a lot more to the equation, you think he'd prefer to have Blake than Brock.
You would think, but if Manning comes back, it makes life a lot easier for him.

Assuming the big drop off for Manning was indeed due to injury and not a complete failure of his skills, it would be difficult not to hitch your wagon to that QB.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 08:05 PM by Jags32250.)

Quote:Just feel like he's reaping the benefits from Peyton pretty much being the OC in Denver. It's hard to tell the caliber of his play calling skill when his QB is a future Hall of Famer.
Looking at it from the flip side, he realized an insane benefit from being Peytons "OC", a position that should be used very loosely, lol.

In all honesty, who knows?  I certainly know i don't.  NFL personnel folks have the scoop, i'll defer to them, back the decision and hope like heck this organization can string a few correct decisions together!

Quote:Looking at it from the flip side, he realized an insane benefit from being Peytons "OC", a position that should be used very loosely, lol.

In all honesty, who knows?  I certainly know i don't.  NFL personnel folks have the scoop, i'll defer to them and back the decision and hope like heck this organization can string a few correct decisions together!
Exactly.  I think the fact that Elway interviewed him this morning once they knew he wasn't going to get he SF job is telling.   It'll be interesting to see the entire list of candidates they're looking at to replace Fox.

I think i like Gase but wouldn't get much out of Bortles. Does Gase have any experience with young QBs?

Quote:I think i like Gase but wouldn't get much out of Bortles. Does Gase have any experience with young QBs?
Gase knows what manning does.

Teach the young Jedi, Gase, teach him well!

Quote:I think i like Gase but wouldn't get much out of Bortles. Does Gase have any experience with young QBs?
When you're coaching one of the greatest to ever play the position, it seems pretty likely something will rub off. 

Broncos are interviewing Lions DC Austin in which I believe is the Rooney rule formality to hire Gase. The only way they can convince Manning to come back