Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Expectation is Wash will keep same scheme

Mike Kate "Interesting nugget from talking to NFL folks in Mobile: Expectation is that Wash will keep 43U. It's speculation but interesting. #Jaguars"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Will have to be tweaked. Can't have that Run stopping end anymore or the ridiculous LEO, OTTO, LOTTO nonsense anymore

What did you expect? What did we really change? I have been saying it all along.

We have the same (main) coaches as last year.

If we can just stop with the [BAD WORD REMOVED] acronyms, I'll be a little happy.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Will have to be tweaked. Can't have that Run stopping end anymore or the ridiculous LEO, OTTO, LOTTO nonsense anymore

Plus Myles Jack should be starting this year no. No more part time role for him.

My hope is that Perry Fewell will be able to coach more turnovers out of our group and that Hobby will have our Dline eating.

I'm sure Jalen is delighted

Quote:What did you expect? What did we really change? I have been saying it all along.

We have the same (main) coaches as last year.

Is your point that you believe the Defense will stink? Or there's just not enough changes because anyone associated with Gus must be horrible? If the defense plays well are you cool? Or is it just merely about change?

I'm asking because our defense was actually not a problem and Wash is highly regarded within the NFL, so I'm wondering why this is such a big issue with you? The offense I understand wanting bigger changes there, but I think Todd Wash made for a big upgrade. Just because Gus stunk doesn't mean absolutely ever coach that he hired also stunk.

Gus didn't run a 4-3 under.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Gus didn't run a 4-3 under.
What was it?

Quote:Gus didn't run a 4-3 under.

He did.

No, it was a 4-3 over.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Almost all of the 4-3s in the league are under so this doesnt mean much

He said this last year nothing new!

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-ja...ive-scheme

Nothing is wrong with the scheme as long as they play to the players strenghts and don't force guys into things they don't do well like we did last year. Gus is gone, right after it happened Jack had an uptick of snaps and Wash threw out the term OTTO...

Play to the players strengths and who cares.

Having a 4-3 under doesn't mean the big end will stay and it absolutely nothing to do with how the secondary will play.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2017, 04:09 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:No, it was a 4-3 over.

Pretty sure it's not, at least not as I understand what Defense he ran.

An "Under" Front is just a flip from the "Over" adjustment that slid the DTs, and really the entire Defensive Front, "over" a gap towards the Offensive Strength.

For example, If this is the Offensive core formation:

---------------Q

Y---T---G---C---G---T

The Defense would ordinarily align in a "heads up" formation below:

---------------Q

Y---T---G---C---G---T

E-------T----------T--------E

---------M---------W

The Over adjustment would result in aligning like this:

(the Defensive front moves to their left)

<-----

---------------Q

--Y---T---G---C---G---T

E-------T---------T--------E

---------M---------W

That's where the term "Over" came from since the front just slid "over" one.

The Under adjustment is just the opposite since all it means is that the Defensive front slid the other way. So they would line up like so:

(the Defensive front moves to their right)

----->

---------------Q

--Y---T---G---C---G---T

-----E-------1---------3------E

---------M---------W

Roy Miller is the "1" and Marks is the "3".

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:No, it was a 4-3 over.

Nooope.

But just doesn't really matter at the end of the day.

[Image: dqgao2.jpg]

We ran the one on the left but for a lot of last year it was the one on the right.

Quote:[Image: dqgao2.jpg]

We ran the one on the left but for a lot of last year it was the one on the right.

I didn't notice the SAM being off the LOS that much, but you could be right. Hell, the SAM is off the field most times anyway as he's usually the first to go when Nickel is called for.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Is your point that you believe the Defense will stink? Or there's just not enough changes because anyone associated with Gus must be horrible? If the defense plays well are you cool? Or is it just merely about change?

I'm asking because our defense was actually not a problem and Wash is highly regarded within the NFL, so I'm wondering why this is such a big issue with you? The offense I understand wanting bigger changes there, but I think Todd Wash made for a big upgrade. Just because Gus stunk doesn't mean absolutely ever coach that he hired also stunk.

Of course the defense was a problem last year. Our players were never in a position to succeed. Defense broke down at the worst times. No pass rush like usual.