Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Expectation is Wash will keep same scheme

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2017, 04:52 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:I didn't notice the SAM being off the LOS that much, but you could be right. Hell, the SAM is off the field most times anyway as he's usually the first to go when Nickel is called for.

Seemed to me that towards the end of the year our base was Fowler-Abry-Malik-Yannick with Fowler as a normal DE instead of eating blocks. Can't really recall where the SLB was. Actually I can barely remember this season at all bar one or two games.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We're primarily a 43U but I've seen them use the 43O on occasion.

Think about where you saw Skuta and Malik lining up most of the time.

Quote:Seemed to be that towards the end of the year our base was Fowler-Abry-Malik-Yannick with Fowler as a normal DE instead of eating blocks. Can't really recall where the SLB was. Actually I can barely remember this season at all bar one or two games.

I think you're contradicting yourself my man.

Or I'm unclear by what you mean by "a lot".

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2017, 04:55 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:I think you're contradicting yourself my man.
Naw. Whenever Fowler was in the lineup instead of Odrick Fowler played a standard DE role instead of a big block eater.

Odrick only played what 6/7 games this year?

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2017, 05:14 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

lol, when you still have the same OC/DC, you get same ole crap. Another top 5 draft pick in 2018.

Quote:Of course the defense was a problem last year. Our players were never in a position to succeed. Defense broke down at the worst times. No pass rush like usual.
Pass rush has been an issue for years because we don't have good and/or experienced pass rushers. You know that. 

Yeah.... A 43U does not have to equal Gus.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Naw. Whenever Fowler was in the lineup instead of Odrick Fowler played a standard DE role instead of a big block eater.

Odrick only played what 6/7 games this year?

When you said "a lot" I took your meaning has more than. My bad, I'm with you now, I saw them do both as well.

I'm rewatching the coaches film of the second Titans game right now. On the first series they lined up in a different front on each down. Seems like they do a little bit of everything.

Quote:When you said "a lot" I took your meaning has more than. My bad, I'm with you now, I saw them do both as well.

Well I'd say most of this year we ran it that way to be honest.

Is it too early to get worked up, or is that year-round for us now?

Base is a 4-3 Under...

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">DE Alualu/Fowler ... NT Miller/Jones ... DT Malik ... LEO Yannick

Sometimes they'd switch to an Over...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">DE Fowler ... DT Malik ... NT Jones ... DE Yannick/Skuta

In the Over, Malik takes the 4-gap.

'02

As long as that LEO, OTTO, LOTTO crap is gone. I'm fine

Quote:Of course the defense was a problem last year. Our players were never in a position to succeed. Defense broke down at the worst times. No pass rush like usual.

You mean the defense that finished number 6 in the league?  Although I agree that the defense did break down at bad times.  Lack of discipline is on the coaching for the most part.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I dont really have a problem with the scheme as much as I do the play calling

Quote:I dont really have a problem with the scheme as much as I do the play calling

The defensive play calling?

We did finish #6 overall. What didn't you like about it?

'02

We have new assistant coaches, that's it. This is the same exact staff as last year, just with no Gus. Wow we'll be so much better! /s 

Another year with Myles Jack on the bench, Fowler not being used right, Jalen or Gip not being put in positions for plays. Can't wait.

Our defense was over-hyped. It broke down in crucial parts of the game, except for the Bears and Colts (London).

No consistent pressure, just inflated sack numbers. Barely any INT's, just Jalen's few at the end of the year. Bottom of the league in turnovers. They gotta find a way to make big plays every game, that's what contenders do.

Quote:The defensive play calling?

We did finish #6 overall. What didn't you like about it?

Thought he ran way too much cover 3