Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dream Offseason.

Touching on the most important positions and players we should target this offseason. Don't know much about targeting those players that we bring in on prove it type deals like Marks. That being said, the Jags have about 64 Million in cap space and if letting Lewis go and adding a extra year to Poz deal we can scrap up about 11-12 million more putting the Jags at about 75-76 million in cap space. That being said we can go after some players pay them more than they deserve and still come away with more cap space for the future. I will add some players the jags should target and add contracts for them as well. Im not good at this contracts thing, don't know how much anyone is worth or anything but just putting up average numbers out there and please correct me on the numbers if Im wrong and also add some players you guys would love to see come back or the Jags sign.

Demarco Murray RB 4yrs-32 Mill 12 Mill guaranteed with a full loaded front contract so we can get rid of him if he does not preform well. 

Brian Bulaga RT not sure but I'm guessing 6 mill a year 4yrs- 24 mill and guarantee him about 10 million?

JPP DE/LEO 4yrs 32 mill 12 mill guaranteed

Malcom Smith OLB 2 years 8 million 4 million guaranteed 

Devin McCourty 4 yrs-36 mill 16 mill guaranteed 

Draft 1st- Leonard Williams DT/DE

Draft2nd- Maxx Williams TE

Draft 3rd- Cedric Ogbuehi OT

rest i haven't looked into the later rounds or re-signing some of our own free agents. Please add to the list or take off I would like to hear what people have to say about this. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That RB contract is insane!

Quote:Touching on the most important positions and players we should target this offseason. Don't know much about targeting those players that we bring in on prove it type deals like Marks. That being said, the Jags have about 64 Million in cap space and if letting Lewis go and adding a extra year to Poz deal we can scrap up about 11-12 million more putting the Jags at about 75-76 million in cap space. That being said we can go after some players pay them more than they deserve and still come away with more cap space for the future. I will add some players the jags should target and add contracts for them as well. Im not good at this contracts thing, don't know how much anyone is worth or anything but just putting up average numbers out there and please correct me on the numbers if Im wrong and also add some players you guys would love to see come back or the Jags sign.

Demarco Murray RB 4yrs-32 Mill 12 Mill guaranteed with a full loaded front contract so we can get rid of him if he does not preform well.

Brian Bulaga RT not sure but I'm guessing 6 mill a year 4yrs- 24 mill and guarantee him about 10 million?

JPP DE/LEO 4yrs 32 mill 12 mill guaranteed

Malcom Smith OLB 2 years 8 million 4 million guaranteed

Devin McCourty 4 yrs-36 mill 16 mill guaranteed

Draft 1st- Leonard Williams DT/DE

Draft2nd- Maxx Williams TE

Draft 3rd- Cedric Ogbuehi OT

rest i haven't looked into the later rounds or re-signing some of our own free agents. Please add to the list or take off I would like to hear what people have to say about this.

[Image: 200.gif]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Pass on Murray. Swap Houston with Smith. Championship.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Pass on Murray. Swap Houston with Smith. Championship.

I would love Houston but I would assume he would get franchise tagged?

Smith is a player that knows the system coming from Seattle.

Also how is that Murray contract insane? I would assume he wants 8 million a year why not give it to him fully loaded up front the 12 million guaranteed draft a RB next year to run behind him. I would love to drop Gehart and have Murray and Robinson as the back up. 

Quote:I would love Houston but I would assume he would get franchise tagged?

Smith is a player that knows the system coming from Seattle.

Also how is that Murray contract insane? I would assume he wants 8 million a year why not give it to him fully loaded up front the 12 million guaranteed draft a RB next year to run behind him. I would love to drop Gehart and have Murray and Robinson as the back up.

In a dream offseason Houston is available lol and 8 mil is insane for a rb right now. Not even AP averages that much.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:In a dream offseason Houston is available lol and 8 mil is insane for a rb right now. Not even AP averages that much.

Actually Peterson cap hit will be 15 mill next year McCoy 8.85 million Foster 9.5 million and then we can pay Murray 8 million. We will be a run heavy and thats the only way to attract a RB here is to pay him top dollar. With Robinson and Slowby I would want a upgrade to help Bortles out in the long run. We aren't trying to be the Broncos or the Patriots or the Colts. We need to be more like the Steelers, Ravens, Seahwaks. Run first teams so we don't rely too much on the Qb and when we do we expect him to make plays and with a good RB we can do that.

My dream offseason is the people we have going into their second and 3rd seasons continue to improve to the point that we don't have back end draft picks almost automatically starting.....

Went back and watched a lot of Bortles games, and there was def about 5 games that drops made the difference in the outcome.  Our rookie receivers get better and Bortles gets better with ball placement and quicker decision making and we'll have a good season to watch next year. 

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 07:30 PM by MightyRx.)

8 mill a year?

For a RB?

Is this 1999?

No thanks!

Edit-

-Find an OC who understands that on any given play, there are 5 receiving targets.

-Bring in a swing tackle that can either push Luke or start at RT.

-Bring in a veteran receiver to inject some consistency and maturity into the corps

-Bring in a FS that has the range to play centerfield.

If not, bring in a corner that can be converted to FS (a la Woodsons (Rod and Charles))

-Draft a pass rushing DE and LB (OTTO)

-Draft a TE

-Draft a NT

-Draft a late round QB (Cardale Jones anyone?)

-Profit?!?
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:8 mill a year?

For a RB?

Is this 1999?

No thanks!

What's the rate thats going around? I know I'm not great with numbers like i mentioned thats why I would like the other fans to correct me on what a better deal would look like. I just went to overthecap and looked into the top RB next year and what they will be getting paid and it seems 8 million is 4th on the list. I thought I was being fair to Murray and trying to pay him a little extra just to come here. I just want to good RB, we need a power back again like Taylor or someone like Lynch. 

the 4m a year offer that the cowboys gave him is technically above the going rate....

Quote:What's the rate thats going around? I know I'm not great with numbers like i mentioned thats why I would like the other fans to correct me on what a better deal would look like. I just went to overthecap and looked into the top RB next year and what they will be getting paid and it seems 8 million is 4th on the list. I thought I was being fair to Murray and trying to pay him a little extra just to come here. I just want to good RB, we need a power back again like Taylor or someone like Lynch. 

You don't give that kind of money to a guy who has played one full season in his first 4 years.  That's how you wreck your cap quickly.  You can get a guy who may not be quite as productive, but productive enough to fill the RB position and still keep the dollar figure closer to what Dallas has valued his services at: $4 million per year in a 4 year deal.  The difference between landing a guy who can be effective in your offense and Murray isn't going to be enough to warrant the extra $4 million per year.  Heck, you could draft a guy for a fraction of the cost who can probably give you solid production.  There are too many holes on this roster requiring bigger investments than the RB spot should command. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

switch out Murray for Cobb

Alright so no Murray, but we still need to find that RB that can carry the load. Would 6 mill a year for Murray still be too much?

In addition, Murray got abused this year.  His production plummeted toward then end.  Better off just drafting one.

RBs are a dime a dozen....no need to spend $8m per year for one.  Put that money into the OL, and the existing or drafted RBs will look awesome. 

Quote:RBs are a dime a dozen....no need to spend $8m per year for one.  Put that money into the OL, and the existing or drafted RBs will look awesome. 
100%

Toby Gerhart could've ran for 1200+ behind Dallas' line. I'd way rather draft a tailback in mid rounds and rotate him with Toby, Denard, and Todman.

Demarco's legs are gonna fall off.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Yeah I was reading on NFL.com that he had over 450 touches this year.  watch him pull an MJD after he won the rushing title and just die out