Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dream Offseason.

My Dream offseason:

Linehan or Chudzinski hired as OC

Blake Bortles develops into a Top 5 QB over the summer

Blackmon comes back, having become allergic to alcohol

Linder, Bowanko, and Joeckel become pro-bowl O-linemen.

Bring in a stud RB

Bring in a stud FS

Bring in a stud pass rusher

Bring in a stud right tackle

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning retire

Titans draft Mariota, and he sucks

Jags trade back in the 1st, and get extra picks this year, and next

Big Ben regresses

All our injured players recover, and come back better than before

Lee and Robinson develop into Pro-bowl receivers

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2015, 09:05 PM by Catfanatic1979v1.)

We sign Beluga, Dez Bryant and Jermaine Gresham on Offense. We sign Houston and Devin McCourty on defense.

We draft Leonard Williams, Eric Kendricks, Maxx Williams, a good Rb prospect and Chris Jasperse.

How can we be sure that Caldwell is responsible for those late round defensive picks? It may very well be Bradley as when he was in Seattle the Seahawks drafted several great defensive players late.

how would you feel about m lynch for maybe 2 year contract and draft a gurley or duke johnson.....just thinking out loud lynch has something left in the tank and i dont think seattle can keep him 

This would be my dream offseason by position in a world in which franchise tags and teams keeping their own players didn't exist and that I think could actually be pulled off based on the salary cap and what each player is projected to get.

O-Line- Sign Orlando Franklin and Bryan Bulaga as well as drafting a quality lineman. Franklin is very versatile and Bulaga has looked very good. Play Franklin at LT, Bulaga at RT. Keep Beadles, Bowanko, Linder in the middle and push Joeckel to the bench for depth as well as adding a player in the draft to make the line very,very solid.

WR- Sign either Cobb or Bryant. We have a pretty good young core with Hurns/Lee/Robinson and Blackmon if he can mature. Add in a very talented experienced WR to this core and with the improved line above Bortles should make tremendous strides.

TE- Add Charles Clay and maybe a decent TE in the draft. I'm bigger on Clay than Thomas because well based on the QB. Look at Tannehill and then look at Manning. Clay looked good with Tannehill throwing to him. Give me Clay. I would also consider adding another in the draft because Lewis is pretty much done and I'm not sure about Harbor as a #2 TE. Plus, their are some good TE's in the draft.

RB- Add somebody in FA or in the draft. I don't think Murray will be available, but in a perfect world, sign him right now. Otherwise, consider Ingram who started to finally show his potential or draft someone in the draft. Gerhart has been disappointing so far and Robinson isn't durable enough to be an every down back.

D-Line- DRAFT LEONARD WILLIAMS. We need to add a good young player on the line and Leonard Williams will be a big presence on the line and should be there when we draft. Our line would have some quality starters and depth with him and would probably be the best in the league.

LB- Add Justin Houston and Brandon Spikes to Telvin Smith. Again, this makes for a very formidable unit and allows us to move Poz to a situational role where he can thrive better than every down and again actually create depth.

CB- Add a good shut down corner opposite Colvin. Colvin looks to have good upside, but needs help. Brandon Flowers is the best CB available and added to Colvin would be very good. If not, Byron Maxwell would be a good option as he fits the Bradley mold, obviously.

S- Devin McCourty. Ball hawking center-fielder as well as a very capable cover guy. Yes, please.

Basically, lots of very good players are available and signing some of them could drastically improve this team. Considering the cap space available and a supposed willingness to spend, we could conceivably acquire a decent amount of these players if management tries hard enough.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I would seriously be sooo ticked off if this happened.

Why? Our offense was the weakest side of the football last season. The defense needs a few touch ups but it's not nearly as concering as this offense will be in 2015. You've now got a new offensive coordinator that has to come in and bring up a very young offense with a plethora of 2nd year players. Including Bortles. They need all the help they can get at the skill positions on this team. Cooper is the best receiver in this year's draft. Gurley would be an excellent ground-and-pound runner for this team to compliment or unseat Robinson's starting job at RB. And O'Leary is a very versatile TE that can be moved around and even be utilized from out of the backfield as a FB at times.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."