Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dream Offseason.

McCourty, Houston, Blackmon returns sober and fit for camp, Fitzgerald. Draft Williams, Shaq Thompson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trade 1st round pick to cowboys for their entire o line, sign jesus and go back in time and draft andrew luck

1. Sign some big time players in free agency.  There should be no more shopping in the bargin bin.

2. Find a real difference maker in the draft.  It has been a long time since the Jags have hit a home run in the draft.  Find a gem or two

3. Find a coordinator who can bring out the best in blake. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 11:57 PM by jaguarmvp.)

double

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:In addition, Murray got abused this year.  His production plummeted toward then end.  Better off just drafting one.
His production did not plummet toward the end of the year.  He rushed for 123 yards against Green Bay in the last playoff game.  Prior to that he only rushed for 75 yards against the Lions who have a top run defense.  As for the the regular season, in the last game he rushed for 100 yards against the Skins.  The 2 games prior to that he only rushed for 81 and 58 yards, but keep in mind he just had surgery on his hand, so he was banged up.   He didn't take a week or two off after the surgery.  

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2015, 12:44 AM by CowJag.)

As far as him being abused this year, Murray carried the ball 392 times.  In 4 years Murray has a total of 934 carries in 53 games.  To compare...Adrian Peterson carried the ball 1198 times in his 1st 4 years and in 61 games.  That is 164 more carries than Murray had and 8 more games over his 1st 4 years.  Adrian Peterson played in only 12 games his 5th year, but in his 6th year he ran for 2097 yards & 1266 in his 7th year.  His 8th year, this past season...he only played in one game due to suspension.  So Murray isn't as over used as you would think since being in the league.  This year sure, a lot of carries, but his 1st full season. 

Or take Alfred Morris.  He has only played 3 seasons.  So far he has carried 876 times in 48 games.  58 less carries than Murray in only 5 less games.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2015, 07:21 AM by Treestone Ice.)

Are you trying to suggest that DeMarco Murray is the same level of player as Adrian Peterson?

There's no denying that Murray has been banged up during his first four years, and even this last year where he made it all season, he had to have surgery. That's not the type of player you shell out huge dollars for. He could be great for five years, but it's more likely that he falls off a cliff health wise by then.

Just because a guy with Peterson's pedigree was able to do it, doesn't mean everyone can.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2015, 09:52 AM by CowJag.)

Quote:Are you trying to suggest that DeMarco Murray is the same level of player as Adrian Peterson?

There's no denying that Murray has been banged up during his first four years, and even this last year where he made it all season, he had to have surgery. That's not the type of player you shell out huge dollars for. He could be great for five years, but it's more likely that he falls off a cliff health wise by then.

Just because a guy with Peterson's pedigree was able to do it, doesn't mean everyone can.
No...and I realized that after I typed all of that info...that it looked that way.  I added Morris to that list for the same reason.  Nobody knew Peterson would keep going after year four either. And nobody knows that Morries will keep going either.  

As for Murray, I would prefer he stay with Dallas.  But not for more than he was offered.  I was making a point with not only him, but 2 other backs at this point in their careers.  And Peterson has been banged up some.

Peterson has been banged up since college as well.

2014 NFL Groin AP needed a clean up of his hernia surgery that he had in the 2013 offseason.

2013 NFL Foot Peterson suffered a right mid-foot sprain at the Baltimore Ravens in week 14. He missed the following game and the week 17 game as a result 2012 NFL Groin Peterson needed surgery to repair a sports hernia that occurred during his record breaking 2012 comeback season.

2011 NFL Ankle Suffered from a high ankle sprain and missed 3 games.

2011 NFL Knee The ACL that was heard around the world. Took an awkward hit and tore his ACL on left leg. Placed on IR and required surgery 2010 NFL Leg Strained a hamstring and missed 1 game.

2010 NFL Ankle Sprained a right ankle ligament and missed a game.

2010 NFL Leg Left a game due to a hard hit to his thigh.

2007 NFL Knee Sprained his LCL and had to leave the game and miss the next game of the season 2006 College Upper arm Fractured his collarbone and missed 6 games 2005 College Ankle Suffered a high ankle sprain at college and missed 4 games 2004 College Shoulder Dislocated his shoulder and required surgery.

He has missed game as well, but has played through injuries himself.  Let's see where Murray's pedigree is after 8 season or so.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2015, 09:51 AM by CowJag.)

Here is Murray's injury history not including 2014's hand injury.

2013 NFL Knee Murray sprained his MCL in week 6 and missed the following 2 games

2012 NFL Leg Murray suffered a hamstring pull in training and missed OTAs

2012 NFL Foot Sprained foot against Baltimore and missed the next 6 games

2011 NFL Ankle DeMarco Murray fractured his right ankle and was placed on IR missing the remaining 3 games.

2011 NFL Leg Missed first 2 preseason games with hamstring issues

2008 College Leg Pulled a hamstring and missed a game 2007 College Knee Dislocated his patella and missed the folliowing 3 games

Enough's been said about Murray's contract. What about Bulaga and JPP? They're going to get more than that. Andy Levitre is a G and he got 6 years/$47 million. Alex Mack is taking $10 million a year. I'd imagine his contract will be in line with that, maybe slight less, but I think you're really undervaluing him. As for DE/LEO, Eversen Griffen got 5 years/$42 million and he was relatively unproven prior to landing that contract.

Quote:McCourty, Houston, Blackmon returns sober and fit for camp, Fitzgerald. Draft Williams, Shaq Thompson
my sweet lord yes.

Blackmon, Fitz, Lee, Robinson.... Cyp and McCoutry.... Houston and Thompson.... Williams and Marks... Yup

My dream off season, Bortles comes back and has developed into a top 10 QB after just one off season  :yes:

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

we do not need a rb...

smh

Here is my dream offseason...

Free agents

McCourty (FS)

Thomas (TE)

Bulaga (RT)

Draft

1st Williams (DL)

2nd Dawson (LB)

3rd O'Leary (TE)

4th Preston Smith (DE)

anything after the 4th round is depth so an o-line guy, db, and lb would be nice to finish the draft out.

RB is not a need, and even if it is... it's way down on the list...

draft is heavy on defense, with a young TE selected...

free agency gives us a stud FS, a very good RT, and a star TE

thoughts?

Quote:Here is my dream offseason...

Free agents

McCourty (FS)

Thomas (TE)

Bulaga (RT)

Draft

1st Williams (DL)

2nd Dawson (LB)

3rd O'Leary (TE)

4th Preston Smith (DE)

anything after the 4th round is depth so an o-line guy, db, and lb would be nice to finish the draft out.

RB is not a need, and even if it is... it's way down on the list...

draft is heavy on defense, with a young TE selected...

free agency gives us a stud FS, a very good RT, and a star TE

thoughts?
Telvin Smith and D Rob were drafted in the 5th round.  McCray was drafted in the 7th.   Kam Chancellor and Richard Sherman were also 5th round picks.

FA

D. McCourty - FS

B. Bulaga - RT

C. Clay - TE

Draft

L. Williams - LDE

C. Erving - C

T. Gurley - RB

J. James - TE

T. Washington - OTTO

D. Fields - LEO

T. Hunter - FS

You're welcome.

Quote:Telvin Smith and D Rob were drafted in the 5th round.  McCray was drafted in the 7th.   Kam Chancellor and Richard Sherman were also 5th round picks.
I didn't mean there wasn't any talent....

Typically you're not looking for starters in those rounds....

sometimes it just happens...

My hope is that we do not need starters next season from later rounds...

Plus looking at draft prospects, there is very little most of us know about 5th rounders and beyond...

Quote:FA

D. McCourty - FS

B. Bulaga - RT

C. Clay - TE

Draft

L. Williams - LDE

C. Erving - C

T. Gurley - RB

J. James - TE

T. Washington - OTTO

D. Fields - LEO

T. Hunter - FS

You're welcome.
yes... please waste a 3rd rounder on a RB...

and a 2nd on a C

smh

Quote:His production did not plummet toward the end of the year.  He rushed for 123 yards against Green Bay in the last playoff game.  Prior to that he only rushed for 75 yards against the Lions who have a top run defense.  As for the the regular season, in the last game he rushed for 100 yards against the Skins.  The 2 games prior to that he only rushed for 81 and 58 yards, but keep in mind he just had surgery on his hand, so he was banged up.   He didn't take a week or two off after the surgery.  
You just confirmed what i said, but used way more words.

Quote:My dream off season, Bortles comes back and has developed into a top 10 QB after just one off season  :yes:
I'd take this over all the rest of the wishes, by far!