Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dream Offseason.

Quote:yes... please waste a 3rd rounder on a RB...

and a 2nd on a C

smh

Yeah, why beef up the line? Who needs that? Oh, and a playmaker that had top-15 potential in the 3rd? Gross.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You just confirmed what i said, but used way more words.
Yeah I had a case of diarrhea of the mouth.  More is less and I just kept rambling.  Sorry I missed your post before posting my own.  Crazy how RB's are not at a premium anymore, but it is what it is.  I was in Dallas a few weeks ago for the game and talking to some former players and fans, they think there is a strong possibility that AP will be a Cowboy.  Curious to know what the franchise tag on a RB would be (could it be 9mill?).  I would tag Murray for a year and see how he holds up.  But I see them letting him walk.  I agree what one poster stated that Murray would be a waste of $$ here.  J

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2015, 02:23 PM by Jags32250.)

Quote:Yeah I had a case of diarrhea of the mouth.  More is less and I just kept rambling.  Sorry I missed your post before posting my own.  Crazy how RB's are not at a premium anymore, but it is what it is.  I was in Dallas a few weeks ago for the game and talking to some former players and fans, they think there is a strong possibility that AP will be a Cowboy.  Curious to know what the franchise tag on a RB would be (could it be 9mill?).  I would tag Murray for a year and see how he holds up.  But I see them letting him walk.  I agree what one poster stated that Murray would be a waste of $$ here.  J
Could you imagine an AP/Murray 1 - 2 punch!  Geez.

Or...

Line them both up in the backfield, put Dez out wide and watch a defensive panic attack!

Quote:Could you imagine an AP/Murray 1 - 2 punch!  Geez.

Or...

Line them both up in the backfield, put Dez out wide and watch a defensive panic attack!
That would be pretty dynamic.  Free was out the last month of the season and I think that affected Murray as well....Parnell is ok, but he is not Free.  

Jags are going to have decent OL option in FA with $ to spend.  Looking forward to see what they do. 

Do we really need Cobb if Blackmon is coming back? IF Blackmon returns to full form, it will be him and Robinson and Lee with Hurns in and out. With someone like Cobb, Hurns won't get the chance to play. If Blackmon doesn't come, Im all in for Cobb if not Maclin. Those guys would add some veteran presence and know how to play the WR position. 

Quote:Do we really need Cobb if Blackmon is coming back? IF Blackmon returns to full form, it will be him and Robinson and Lee with Hurns in and out. With someone like Cobb, Hurns won't get the chance to play. If Blackmon doesn't come, Im all in for Cobb if not Maclin. Those guys would add some veteran presence and know how to play the WR position. 
I think we need a trusted vet.  Blackmon is far from that.

How much would you pay Cobb? He had like 91 catches 1250 yds 12td.... Im assuming he would want 8 mill a year and to come to the Jags 10 mill a year. 

Quote:Yeah, why beef up the line? Who needs that? Oh, and a playmaker that had top-15 potential in the 3rd? Gross.
Bowanko played well enough we don't need to replace him... he can "beef up" in the offseason.

RT is far more pressing than C.

once again... RB in the third is a wasted pick.

Especially a RB who now has a knee injury to come back from... who will play behind an Oline that is a question mark right now.

smh... value and need should meet. And RB shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list.

Gurley or otherwise.

Quote:Bowanko played well enough we don't need to replace him... he can "beef up" in the offseason.

RT is far more pressing than C.

once again... RB in the third is a wasted pick.

Especially a RB who now has a knee injury to come back from... who will play behind an Oline that is a question mark right now.

smh... value and need should meet. And RB shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list.

Gurley or otherwise.

Bowanko is hardly irreplaceable... In my scenario I signed Bulaga to play RT and drafted a center that can play either T if need be. You literally just said so yourself, o-line is a question mark. Protecting and surrounding Blake should be goal #1.

Quote:Do we really need Cobb if Blackmon is coming back? IF Blackmon returns to full form, it will be him and Robinson and Lee with Hurns in and out. With someone like Cobb, Hurns won't get the chance to play. If Blackmon doesn't come, Im all in for Cobb if not Maclin. Those guys would add some veteran presence and know how to play the WR position.

Return to full form? The guy that has missed 28 games the last two years?

If you are Randal Cobb would you want to leave Green Bay and that QB for some unknown Siberia of football just to collect a few extra nickels and dimes? I feel that Randal Cobb will want to stay with the Packers and the Packers will want to keep him and so this deal will get done. It is not like the Packers don't have Cap Space.

If Cobb were to become a Free Agent, he might end up being the most highly pursued player not named Suh.

Quote:If you are Randal Cobb would you want to leave Green Bay and that QB for some unknown Siberia of football just to collect a few extra nickels and dimes? I feel that Randal Cobb will want to stay with the Packers and the Packers will want to keep him and so this deal will get done. It is not like the Packers don't have Cap Space.

If Cobb were to become a Free Agent, he might end up being the most highly pursued player not named Suh.
Yup. This is probably the last place he'd look to go to unless we gave him a kings ransom

Quote:Return to full form? The guy that has missed 28 games the last two years?

That's why he wrote "IF".

Quote:That's why he wrote "IF".

Thanks, I knew I would get some [BLEEP] if I didn't clear that up. I'm for sure even if Blackmon comes back it will take him time to get back to full form or he might not at all because he's been out so long. 

I'd have no problem with Gurley in the 3rd, or even the 2nd for that matter.

My dream scenario:

Sign Suh 6/100

Sign Hardy 5/60

Sign McCourty 5/45

Sign Cameron 5/35

Sign Bulaga 5/30

If those 5 players signed flat contracts, it would be $52 million of our $60 million plus in cap space, not counting if we cut/restructured Poz and cut Lewis (likely with a Cameron signing).  Releasing those two players would add another $14 million to the cap.  Realistically, if we signed those players and released Lewis, we'd be looking at probably in the ballpark of $25 million under the cap after those contracts.

Trade down with the Browns to #12 so they can pickup Amari Cooper.  Receive #43 and Alex Mack @ approximately 8 million in return.

Draft:

1.) Shaq Thompson OLB

2a.) Denzel Perryman MLB

2b.) Todd Gurley RB

3.) Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB/FS 

QB - Bortles, Henne

RB - Gurley, Robinson, Gerhart

FB - Ta'ufo'ou

WR1 - Blackmon, Lee, (Training Camp Winner)

WR2 - Robinson, Hurns

TE - Cameron, Harbor

LT - Joekel, (Training Camp Winner)

LG - Beadles

OC - Mack, Bowanko

RG - Linder, (Training Camp Winner)

RT - Bulaga, Young

LDE - Hardy, Bryant, Alualu

DT - Suh, Miller, Jones

DT - Marks, Hood

RDE - Clemons, Branch, Davis, C. Smith

Otto - Thompson, Hayes

MLB - Perryman, Thomas (if he can be resigned)

WLB - T. Smith, (Training Camp Winner)

LCB - McCray, Blackmon, Harris

RCB - Colvin, Gratz, Ekpre-Olomu 

FS - McCourty, Evans

SS - Cyprien, Loston 

K,P,LS - Scobee, Anger, Tinker

This would leave us with about 10 million in cap space depending on a lot of factors.

Quote:I'd have no problem with Gurley in the 3rd, or even the 2nd for that matter.

My dream scenario:

Sign Suh 6/100

Sign Hardy 5/60

Sign McCourty 5/45

Sign Cameron 5/35

Sign Bulaga 5/30

If those 5 players signed flat contracts, it would be $52 million of our $60 million plus in cap space, not counting if we cut/restructured Poz and cut Lewis (likely with a Cameron signing).  Releasing those two players would add another $14 million to the cap.  Realistically, if we signed those players and released Lewis, we'd be looking at probably in the ballpark of $25 million under the cap after those contracts.

Trade down with the Browns to #12 so they can pickup Amari Cooper.  Receive #43 and Alex Mack @ approximately 8 million in return.

Draft:

1.) Shaq Thompson OLB

2a.) Denzel Perryman MLB

2b.) Todd Gurley RB

3.) Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB/FS 

QB - Bortles, Henne

RB - Gurley, Robinson, Gerhart

FB - Ta'ufo'ou

WR1 - Blackmon, Lee, (Training Camp Winner)

WR2 - Robinson, Hurns

TE - Cameron, Harbor

LT - Joekel, (Training Camp Winner)

LG - Beadles

OC - Mack, Bowanko

RG - Linder, (Training Camp Winner)

RT - Bulaga, Young

LDE - Hardy, Bryant, Alualu

DT - Suh, Miller, Jones

DT - Marks, Hood

RDE - Clemons, Branch, Davis, C. Smith

Otto - Thompson, Hayes

MLB - Perryman, Thomas (if he can be resigned)

WLB - T. Smith, (Training Camp Winner)

LCB - McCray, Blackmon, Harris

RCB - Colvin, Gratz, Ekpre-Olomu 

FS - McCourty, Evans

SS - Cyprien, Loston 

K,P,LS - Scobee, Anger, Tinker

This would leave us with about 10 million in cap space depending on a lot of factors.

Love the idea but i doubt we would sign all those guys. Hardy seems like he will be in trouble.

In my dream offseason for the Jaguars, the offseason wouldnt occur until after the Super Bowl for the franchise....

Quote:Bowanko is hardly irreplaceable... In my scenario I signed Bulaga to play RT and drafted a center that can play either T if need be. You literally just said so yourself, o-line is a question mark. Protecting and surrounding Blake should be goal #1.
I know Bowanko is replaceable.

He received decent praise along with Linder as two of our better Oline guys towards the end...

why not let him try to be better next season before replacing him. and use that 2nd rounder on a S, LB, DL starter

If we sign Bulaga we can keep Paz, if Luke gets hurt Bulaga has played LT, if Bulaga gets hurt Paz slides in there.

We need Linder and Bowanko to take a step forward but we don't need to find any replacements for interior guys in this draft... imo

Quote:Love the idea but i doubt we would sign all those guys. Hardy seems like he will be in trouble.
I don't even want Hardy...

Big Money DEs rarely pan out.

Plus if we spend for Suh, I doubt we go for any other F/A on the Dline...

That being said, while I would welcome him, I don't think we'll be targeting Suh. Just a hunch. I know Marks has a knee... but we got some nice depth behind him and if we draft Leonard Williams, he can play any spot on that Dline...

I like the Cameron signing but I hope he comes a little cheaper, he's had some injuries and concussions...

I'd like him on more of a prove it deal... 3/21 only 7 guaranteed or something...

Just start signing this [BLEEP] OC ! Every team is signing their coaching staff, but as usual, we are the last.