Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The 3rd pick in the draft (another 2015 necro-bump)

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon'>Hays Carlyon ‏@<b>HaysCarlyon</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/555457852773773313' title="12:14 PM - 14 Jan 2015">2m2 minutes ago</a>

<p class=""><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#<b>Jaguars</b></a> blog: Third pick gains luster as Mariota enters draft. <a class="" href='http://t.co/Ti8Ir911pX' title="http://ow.ly/HkvNl">http://ow.ly/HkvNl<span> </span></a>

<span><span>0 replies </span> </span> <span> <span>0 retweets </span> </span> <span> <span>0 favorites </span> </span>
<div>
<div> 

<div>This is good news as Winston, Mariota, and Williams all declare.  I have a feeling Ten. takes Williams at 2 therefore will leave one of Winston or Mariota on the board.  Could this finally be the year Dave is able to pull off a nice trade back?
</div>
</div>
</div>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

Hays Carlyon ‏@<b>HaysCarlyon</b> 2m2 minutes ago

#<b>Jaguars</b> blog: Third pick gains luster as Mariota enters draft. http://ow.ly/HkvNl 

<div>0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
<div>
<div> 

<div>This is good news as Winston, Mariota, and Williams all declare.  I have a feeling Ten. takes Williams at 2 therefore will leave one of Winston or Mariota on the board.  Could this finally be the year Dave is able to pull off a nice trade back?
</div>
</div>
</div>

</div>

I really hope so, but I'm worried his stock will drop.  We have to hope a qb needy team is ready to do something for it.

Quote:I really hope so, but I'm worried his stock will drop.  We have to hope a qb needy team is ready to do something for it.

Of course a team could want to trade up for Amari Cooper. We don't need him either.

Quote:Of course a team could want to trade up for Amari Cooper. We don't need him either.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.  If we let Cecil go, it wouldn't shock me if they took a receiver.  Probably not a high chance of it, but anything is possible.

One thing with Caldwell is that he leaves people guessing.  Nobody had a clue what he was thinking the whole time last year.

I think things will get a bit clearer after free agency.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I wouldn't be so sure of that.  If we let Cecil go, it wouldn't shock me if they took a receiver.  Probably not a high chance of it, but anything is possible.

One thing with Caldwell is that he leaves people guessing.  Nobody had a clue what he was thinking the whole time last year.

I hope not. After starting three rookie receivers, I'd hate to add another first year receiver when there's talent in the board

Quote:I hope not. After starting three rookie receivers, I'd hate to add another first year receiver when there's talent in the board
Not gonna happen, Dave already admitted that was a problem last year.

Quote: 

Hays Carlyon ‏@<b>HaysCarlyon</b> 2m2 minutes ago

#<b>Jaguars</b> blog: Third pick gains luster as Mariota enters draft. http://ow.ly/HkvNl 

<div>0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
<div>
<div> 

</div>
</div>
</div>

</div>
I certainly hope so because as it stands right now, either Williams or Gregory will be our selection and thats BORING. I know that may come across as an idiotic remark, but all I have had to look forward to these last 6 years is the NFL Draft and If we already have a pretty good sense of who we are going to pick in only January than Im bummed. 

Last year was a complete mystery, even though we all had a feeling it was likely we'd select a QB last year, but we didn't know exactly who it would be all the way up until Blake's name was called. 

This year it seems just so concrete that Williams will be our selection (unless Tennessee manages a trade down). 

Basically I am expecting another Luck RGIII draft, I don't think Tennessee is going to go Mariota. 

1. Bucs - Winston 

2. *Trade* X - Mariota 

3. Us - Williams 

Im expecting Jags to stay at 3 since teams really don't want to give up much anyway and there aren't really any can't miss prospects like LUCK. So that being said I just hope Williams is there at 3 and if he is take him if not try to trade down and take Gregory or Ray.

Quote:Im expecting Jags to stay at 3 since teams really don't want to give up much anyway and there aren't really any can't miss prospects like LUCK. So that being said I just hope Williams is there at 3 and if he is take him if not try to trade down and take Gregory or Ray.

This is my guess as well.  

I'm know draft expert, but Williams looks pretty good to me.

We couldve traded with the bills last year but caldwell was so inlove with bortles so he decided to reach for him at #3

No matter what happens, I think we are in pretty good shape. Trade down, Williams, or BPA.

Quote:I think things will get a bit clearer after free agency the draft.

Fixed that for you. 

The most logical trading partner for the Titans are Da Bears, who hold the 7th Pick.

I could see them sending Cutler and their Rd 1 and Rd 2 picks for the opportunity to take the 2nd QB in the draft.

I think if we did trade down to the Bills we could have still gotten Bortles. Im not sure if the Browns would have taken him or not. That being said I would have traded down last year and we would still be picking 3rd and the 19th pick. I would have then taken Williams at 3 and maybe Flower DE at 19 or Shaq Thompson OLB. 

But we aren't at that point so Im sticking to Williams and players at his position rated this high have played great recently. He would be an interior force on 1st and 2nd and 5-tech DE on 3rd downs. 

Trade back with Cleveland and get fowler and Shaq Thompson......please

Quote:I wouldn't be so sure of that. If we let Cecil go, it wouldn't shock me if they took a receiver.  Probably not a high chance of it, but anything is possible.

We need a veteran wide receiver to help the young guys out. David Caldwell said he will be active in free agency, which means he might want Randall Cobb.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 08:15 PM by Jags32250.)

Quote:The most logical trading partner for the Titans are Da Bears, who hold the 7th Pick.

I could see them sending Cutler and their Rd 1 and Rd 2 picks for the opportunity to take the 2nd QB in the draft.
Hmm, interesting point.  That makes sense from their rumored interest in Cutler and wouldn't fall back too much. 

That trade would be great, but I don't see the Browns parting with their two 1st rounders. There just isn't anybody worth two 1st rounders. If the Browns are foolish enough to do this, the Jags should take the two BAP at positions they haven't already addressed in free agency. I would not be drafting Fowler if they are fortunate enough to get Pierre-Paul. There are significant needs at LEO, OTTO, O. Line, safety and tight end. Not all of these can be addressed in free agency, especially if they sign a high-priced guy like McCourty, Pierre-Paul or Julius Thomas.

Still not positive one of those two teams ahead of us is going to pull the trigger. My guess is that one of them does. Not looking like Williams is going to fall to us.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>