Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars to Interview Raiders OC Greg Olsen

We wanted a coach who knew what 3 victories felt like.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Rabble rabble rabble - I want Bill Gruden and John Dungy!!!  RABBLE RABBLE, moan and complain, moan and complain. 

<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:Rabble rabble rabble - I want Bill Gruden and John Dungy!!!  RABBLE RABBLE, moan and complain, moan and complain. 
Those names sound vaguely familiar. 

I'm friends with Bill Gruden.  HIRE HIM NOW!!!!!

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

This is the first one that I actually have a problem with. Of course if we hire him I hope I'm wrong.

Quote:This is the first one that I actually have a problem with. Of course if we hire him I hope I'm wrong.

I doubt he's at the top of any list.  The team needs to look at all their options.  With so many openings, it's better to look at too many guys than not enough. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

to be honest, Olson has been able to get productivity out of QBs like Gabbert and Carr.  Put Carr in any other system this year and he would have probably been the worst QB.  Yes a lot of his stats are inflated from garbage time, but I still remember he made Gabbert look like a half way decent QB before his injuries.  

If they bring him in as a position coach at QB some sort of assistant I think it could be beneficial.  Afterall he'd be hard pressed to have a worse offense than what we had the last two years. 

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:Didn't he call Gabbert "Blame Gabbert" when he left Jax? 
lol so he knew Gabbert sucked, hire this man

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I think it's also kind of silly to interview a lot of people.

I mean really, what is this, an audition?

Gus needs to know what type of offensive coordinator he wants.  It can't be that he's just interviewing people and see who he likes the best.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I think it's also kind of silly to interview a lot of people.

Gus needs to know what type of offensive coordinator he wants.  It can't be that he's just interviewing people and see who he likes the best.
They've only interviewed what?  3 guys so far?  One they took a pass on and he landed in Buffalo, and the other two are in limbo at this point.  I think they're doing due diligence.  Some of the guys they reach out to won't be interviewed because they've landed other gigs.  You have to cast a net to get enough candidates to hopefully get the right guy. 

First interviews are one thing.  If he brings back half a dozen for round two?  Then it's getting a little silly.  I suspect once they get to interview #2 with a candidate, that's the guy they want.

Keep in mind also that it's quite possible a lot of the names that are being thrown out there by the media are more speculation than reality. 

Quote:Ugh, no thank you.

That whole "Blame Gabbert" comment makes me never want him here. Did Gabbert suck during his tenure here? Yes, but it wasn't like he was always partying or not taking being a QB seriously, he was just bad. Calling out a single player for the reason you were let go is shifting blame solely to the player and it strikes someone too arrogant to see they actually played a role in our miserable 2012 season and that player's failure.

Would Olsen do the same thing and call out Blake if he doesn't progress to where we'd like him to? I'd rather not find out.

You obviously don't remember the report that came out about that comment. Apparently some members of the coaching staff took to calling him "blame Gabbert" because he was never to be blamed for any of the failures of the offense. It seemed that upper management was making excuses for Blaine, when he was just bad.
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

So you'd rather they just hire the first guy that gets off the bus at Everbank and wing it from there?

Quote:So you'd rather they just hire the first guy that gets off the bus at Everbank and wing it from there?
Nothing wrong with that logic.  Better to be fast than to be good.

Quote:You obviously don't remember the report that came out about that comment. Apparently some members of the coaching staff took to calling him "blame Gabbert" because he was never to be blamed for any of the failures of the offense. It seemed that upper management was making excuses for Blaine, when he was just bad.

I'm looking at the article right now and it references Gabbert's supposed lack of leadership, accountability, and attitude. Either way, I'm not a fan of a coach bashing a former player in the media.

Quote:I'm looking at the article right now and it references Gabbert's supposed lack of leadership, accountability, and attitude. Either way, I'm not a fan of a coach bashing a former player in the media.

Agreed

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

[Image: hhlun.gif][Image: no-damn.gif]

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:it would be nice if linehan wound up in jacksonville here. his record and experience would be a great addition.

jdr getting the raiders job is actually a good thing for that possibility.

IMO,  Scott Linehan is a very good Offensive Coordinator ( game planning,  play caller ) who is a better fit with a veteran QB than a QB that has a long way to go in his development.   Linehan has an extensive background at the QB position.   But when he was the Lions Offensive Coordinator and worked closely with Matthew Stafford,  Linehan didn't seem to stress fundamentals often enough.      I think Blake Bortles would probably benefit more if the new Jaguars Offensive Coordinator put a greater emphasis on fundamentals and mechanics that Linehan did with the Lions.  

Regarding Scott Linehan as a potential Jaguars Offensive Coordinator,  at least in 2015 it looks like it's a moot discussion:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...h-cowboys/

One thing I learned when getting bids for a new roof: every time a roofing contractor came to look at my roof and give me a bid, I learned something about roofing and my roof in particular.   That's why I think it's a very good thing for Gus to interview a lot of people for the OC job.  It's about a 5 hour interview, and every single one of them will tell him something about how our roster stacks up, what strategy he will try to implement, what his playbook will look like, how he will attempt to teach the offense to the players, how he likes to call plays, and on and on.   It's an intensive education for Gus.   After all, Gus is not an OC, and has limited experience as a head coach.   Having guys come in day after day to talk about coaching and offense will be very beneficial.  

He was already here. No thanks. This offense needs somebody that's virtually done it all in this leauge. You look at some of the better OC's in the leauge this year, at some point, they were probably a headcoach in the NFL. Callahan in DAL along with Linehan, Trestman in CHI, etc. Kubiak in BAL, Hue Jackson in CIN. Just need to see Bradley bring someone in that can get it done with this offense.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

seriously?  it is an audition, that's exactly what an interview is.  You're auditioning yourself to your potential new employer.

I say interview as many as it takes.

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]