Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags will interview Marrone

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Would love this hire

Quote:Would love this hire
Absofreakinglutely!

I think people who complain about playcalling would love him as an OC.

Buffalo had KC beat twice in the last two seasons with some superb playcalling. 

Bad QB play, including from a 3rd string QB, doomed the Bills.

He has worked under Sean Payton.

I would be very happy bringing him in here.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Yes plz

Shoot I hope they interview him for the head coaching gig lol

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

i feel like names are just being thrown at a wall now.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Does he really want to be a coordinator, though? I'm surprised if so, given that he can make $4 million this year to go fishing and wait for a college or pro head job to open up next year.

I'm not sure how I feel about hiring a guy who just quit on his team. If we hire him what's to stop him from quitting on the team next year or bolting for the first opportunity out of town in the offseason making us having to repeat this entire process all over again next year?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I am ok with this.

Quote:I'm not sure how I feel about hiring a guy who just quit on his team. If we hire him what's to stop him from quitting on the team next year or bolting for the first opportunity out of town in the offseason making us having to repeat this entire process all over again next year?
You know he quit because they gave him an out which paid him 4 million no matter what right?

Would you turn down 4 million to leave? Doubt it.

"We will pay you $4 million and you can leave Buffalo New York."

"Ok"

Quote:You know he quit because they gave him an out which paid him 4 million no matter what right?

Would you turn down 4 million to leave? Doubt it.

Haha I certainly wouldn't, that's a business decision most couldn't pass up, couple that with the fact that the Bills don't have a QB and are without a 1st round pick, it was an easy decision for Marrone. He was reportedly livid when the Bills inexplicably traded up for Sammy Watkins, giving up a 1st round pick in the process, they were better off staying at 9 and taking Odell Beckham, Brandin Cooks, or Kelvin Benjamin, just an awful trade.

Hmmmm, lots of experience coaching the Offensive Line. Extensive experience in the NFL. Has called plays before, over several seasons in fact...

Seems almost too good to be true. Anybody have first hand knowledge of him? Any Buffalo or Syracuse fans here?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 02:16 PM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:"We will pay you $4 million and you can leave Buffalo New York."

"Ok"

Hahaha exactly, Doug Marrone has a great agent.

Yes please

;

;

Quote:Hahaha exactly, Doug Marrone has a great agent.

Exactly. Now what's to stop his agent to negotiate a similar opt out clause in his contract if he comes here?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Exactly. Now what's to stop his agent to negotiate a similar opt out clause in his contract if he comes here?

No competent general manager will agree to such a clause after what transpired in Buffalo, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Did a little digging around on him.

Each year that he was the Head Coach at Syracuse he had a 1,000 yard + running back. And he did it with guys such as Delone Carter, Antwon Bailey, and Jerome Smith. He also squeezed out 3,700 yards + Passing yardage from Ryan Nassib his last season there.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Absofreakinglutely!

I think people who complain about playcalling would love him as an OC.

Buffalo had KC beat twice in the last two seasons with some superb playcalling. 

Bad QB play, including from a 3rd string QB, doomed the Bills.

He has worked under Sean Payton.

I would be very happy bringing him in here.

Agreed.  This came out of left field, but hopefully BCC got it right.  He'd be a great hire for this team.   His background in coaching OL would be a huge get for this team.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Exactly. Now what's to stop his agent to negotiate a similar opt out clause in his contract if he comes here?
I don't think he'd have to. Marrone would, imo, only want a one-year deal so he can squat on this job while he milks his Buffalo payout, then have pick of the litter of the available openings (HC and OC or college HC) next season if the Jags' O shows significant improvement.

Given the uncertainty surrounding the whole coaching staff, I'd be a little surprised if any coordinator signed longer than a one-year contract.