Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags will interview Marrone

Quote:Exactly. Now what's to stop his agent to negotiate a similar opt out clause in his contract if he comes here?
As a coordinator, he wouldn't really need an opt out.  If he does well in that capacity, the team can't stop him from being interviewed for a promotion.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:As a coordinator, he wouldn't really need an opt out. If he does well in that capacity, the team can't stop him from being interviewed for a promotion.

This is true. Its just the principal of him quitting that bugs me. But he does have an excellent resume and would be a very nice hire here.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:This is true. Its just the principal of him quitting that bugs me. But he does have an excellent resume and would be a very nice hire here.
I think he had grounds to take advantage of the opt out.  Wholesale changes in Buffalo probably had him thinking twice about his situation. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 02:28 PM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:This is true. Its just the principal of him quitting that bugs me. But he does have an excellent resume and would be a very nice hire here.

I don't blame him for opting out, he reportedly clashed (several times) with the front office, he doesn't believe in EJ Manuel, he didn't approve of the Sammy Watkins trade, his job security was thin because of the ownership change, they don't have a 1st round pick, and the cherry on top? They paid him $4M to opt out, how does him opting out bug you considering those things? He made the right decision.

Quote:I'm not sure how I feel about hiring a guy who just quit on his team. If we hire him what's to stop him from quitting on the team next year or bolting for the first opportunity out of town in the offseason making us having to repeat this entire process all over again next year?

there were a lot of weird stories coming out of buffalo surrounding marrone. i do remember that.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 02:37 PM by Bon Jagley.)

If a player had a clause in his contract where he could become an unrestricted free agent and still get paid, would you consider him a quitter?

Marrone had a once in a lifetime type clause that was nearly impossible to not exercise it.

;

;

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...aching-job

I think Fox is a lock for that job barring a disastrous interview. 

One has to wonder how reliable Alfie's "source" is though considering he's the only on reporting it.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:One has to wonder how reliable Alfie's "source" is though considering he's the only on reporting it.
It's probably the travel agent who books the flights for these guys.

I never considered him as an option because I didn't think he'd come back down as an OC after Buffalo but he'd be a wonderful hire.

Quote:It's probably the travel agent who books the flights for these guys.

It's the guy who runs the team's BOFA program

Garrards $60M ext =NBC Samberg getting $60M after Junk In a Box might have let that breathe -Simmons

Quote:One has to wonder how reliable Alfie's "source" is though considering he's the only on reporting it.

Alfie's not the only one reporting it now, Ryan O is too.

Quote:Alfie's not the only one reporting it now, Ryan O is too.
yea but Ryan O'hack is probably only reporting it because he saw it on BBC.

Quote:It's the guy who runs the team's BOFA program

So.......janitorial was busy? Wink

Quote:So.......janitorial was busy? Wink
BOFA these nuts.

Garrards $60M ext =NBC Samberg getting $60M after Junk In a Box might have let that breathe -Simmons

Quote:BOFA these nuts.
That wouldn't be any less credible than anything the big muckity mucks are relying upon for their information. 

Throw enough names out there and you're bound to nail it eventually, right?

Quote:That wouldn't be any less credible than anything the big muckity mucks are relying upon for their information. 

Throw enough names out there and you're bound to nail it eventually, right?
Unless your Mel Kipper who never gets one right. :teehee:

Quote:Unless your Mel Kipper who never gets one right. :teehee:

Good point.  But, for Kiper, it's about the hair.  If Alfie bothered to use as much product on his scalp, he might be given the level of credence some here give to Kiper. 

Quote:BOFA these nuts.

so you still use the punch line even though the set up failed?

par for the course for alfie....

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."