Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags will interview Marrone

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He was at odds with the front office, and disagreed with the moves they made particularly to go get Watkins.  If he was not on the same page with his GM, and there was new ownership coming on board, I'm not sure I can really blame him for doing what he did.  Why should he have subjected himself to more of the same moving forward?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Think the front office told him EJ Manual would be the starter for 2015 and he disagreed. Probably why Kyle Orten left too(retired).

Quote:Think the front office told him EJ Manual would be the starter for 2015 and he disagreed. Probably why Kyle Orten left too(retired).
Doubt it. That same front office basically threw in the towel on Manuel by signing Orton. The bigger issue, imo, would have been that the Bills don't have a QB, and they don't have a first-round pick to go get a QB with.

We need to make this guy the OC

Hire him now 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:This is true. Its just the principal of him quitting that bugs me. But he does have an excellent resume and would be a very nice hire here.
That was a different situation, the team was up for sale, so he had that right to leave if he didnt wanna play for a new owner who he doesnt even know at the time he was hired. 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I feel if he does not get a HC job he will end up signing here. He could turn things around offensively and end up leaving 2 years down the road. I don't like to think about after someone leaves we have to start over with the OC and Bortles has to learn another playbook. That being said Marrone or Dennison are my top favorite with Linehan from the cowboys would be a overall ideal choice or Callahan. 

I think the important piece of info being overlooked by many posters in this thread is that coordinator positions don't usually have a very long shelf life. Generally speaking, coordinators either succeed and take a head coaching job (college or pro), fail and are fired or are let go as part of a head coaching change. A scenario like Dick LeBeau's, where the coordinator stays in that same role with the same team for a decade or more, doesn't come along that often. Not wanting to hire Doug Marrone because we'd have to replace him in two years is ridiculous. Whoever the team ends up hiring, the odds of replacing him in two years are pretty high anyway.

Quote:I think the important piece of info being overlooked by many posters in this thread is that coordinator positions don't usually have a very long shelf life. Generally speaking, coordinators either succeed and take a head coaching job (college or pro), fail and are fired or are let go as part of a head coaching change. A scenario like Dick LeBeau's, where the coordinator stays in that same role with the same team for a decade or more, doesn't come along that often. Not wanting to hire Doug Marrone because we'd have to replace him in two years is ridiculous. Whoever the team ends up hiring, the odds of replacing him in two years are pretty high anyway.
Agreed.  You hire the guy who is the best fit for now knowing that if he's successful, you're going to be shopping for his replacement in a a year or two, and that's fine.  This might give you the opportunity to develop  his replacement from within. 

You don't avoid a hire just because you're afraid he might get snapped up to take a head coaching position.  If he gets things headed in the right direction and that success draws him attention for bigger opportunities, it's a win win for everyone.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

The comments on the PFT article are delicious though.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:The comments on the PFT article are delicious though.

scrp2 says:

Jan 14, 2015 3:59 PM

You ever pull over for a hitchhiker and then floor it right when they are about to get in? That’s what the Jags are doing.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Unless your Mel Kipper who never gets one right. :teehee:

Hey now, Mel can always hang his helmet hair on the peg that is Trev Alberts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK_ABNHjbk4

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

YEP.  Hire this dude and tell Joe Rockhead to just worry about the defense and get ready to pack your bags if you don't win at least 7 games next year.

I don't blame him for leaving

The bills have qb purgatory written all over it

Manuel looks like a bust, and if he disagreed with their draft choices which i don't blame him for considering the wr talent picked up later in the draft its a ggood time to leave

as for him coming here i would be very happy with it but i don't really see it happening

the longer we wait the more implemented looking at tom cable from Seattle

Quote:I don't blame him for leaving

The bills have qb purgatory written all over it

Manuel looks like a bust, and if he disagreed with their draft choices which i don't blame him for considering the wr talent picked up later in the draft its a ggood time to leave

as for him coming here i would be very happy with it but i don't really see it happening

the longer we wait the more implemented looking at tom cable from Seattle
So if it's Cable... We will most likely have to wait another 2 weeks until after the SB. By that point, a lot of things can happen and the choices will be slimmer and slimmer.

Denver, Atlanta, NYJ, Chicago, TB... They all need OC positions filled. 

Quote:.
TL;DR

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:So if it's Cable... We will most likely have to wait another 2 weeks until after the SB. By that point, a lot of things can happen and the choices will be slimmer and slimmer.

Denver, Atlanta, NYJ, Chicago, TB... They all need OC positions filled. 
all of this is conjecture and opinion but i hope it's rational.

considering they've already put scelfo in as the interim co-ordinator for the senior bowl that means they are happy to hire after the 24th. Bradley is the main decision maker (as he should be)  with regards to coaching staff and he will throw himself into the senior bowl so he won't be interviewing that week. In the meantime two more teams will be knocked out making their coaches available to speak too.

For me i think bradley and caldwell both have a couple of names of guys they want to speak too and i wouldn't be shocked to think seattle, green bay, and baltimore were all up in there.

The only pattern I've noticed with the guys there are interviewing is it's guys with a strong running background, lots of rb coaches not to mention their desire to speak to bill calahan after murray's success. So considering baltimore's performance with forsett this year and seattle's strong running basis, you have to think they might want to speak to one of their coaches.

Guy's like Adam Gase and Doug Marrone are just gravy. They are coaches you didn't see being available when you started looking but you would be silly not to speak to with their resumee. You hit it off with one of them you pull the trigger but if there's something wrong you keep looking because your original short list is still there.

I think tom cable is the perfect candidate. Already knows bradley, has head coach experience and is assistant head coach at seattle so has experience running the run first offense, not to mention an offensive line coach who has headed up some potent running attacks 

I wish he could be the HC here instead.