Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Greg Jones to retire a Jaguar

Expect it to be announced later today that @leadblock33 will retire as a Jacksonville Jaguar tomorrow. #JaguarsToday pic.twitter.com/2BMjFWsmY8

— Mike Dempsey (@md_1010xl) January 14, 2015

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 11:04 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

lol

let's break out the FSU highlight vs UNC

Beast!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:lol

[Media] http://youtu.be/v1PG4iWIb7A[/media]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

This is awesome... He was phenominal fb and team player... As a fsu fan, this may have made my january lol... I loved when lb's would test him and they would end up going at it after plays.

This video of Sean Taylor trying to tackle Jones in the open field.

[Image: e6hr6.gif]

;

;

Thanks !!

Good guy and a tremendous asset to this team.  Nice to see him looking to end it where he began.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

In his career, he body slammed Darnell Dockett and Lamarr Woodley. He may have a second career in the WWE.

;

;

Glad to see this. Greg was an awesome fb here.

Born To Late -- by the time he came around, the FB position was pretty much a dying role in the NFL.

Dude would have been extremely valuable in the prior generation.

Quote:Born To Late -- by the time he came around, the FB position was pretty much a dying role in the NFL.

Dude would have been extremely valuable in the prior generation.

He wasn't "born to late". He had the misfortune of having two torn ACL's. In 2005, it looked like he could be a good NFL tailback. He tore an ACL in 2006 and lost the speed he had.

;

;

You put him in the Rocky Bleier (Steelers) or Robert Newhouse / Moose Johnson (Cowboys) role, the dude would have torn it up in this league.

By the time he came around the FB position was being phased out in favor of the wide open offenses and single back formation.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 11:39 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

BJag -- I was referring to his FB role.

I agree that he could have been great as a featured RB if not for the torn ACL.  His 189 yard game in 2002 vs The U stands stands out for me.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=222852390

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 12:11 PM by CSO14.)

Always liked him.  What a bruiser when he blocked for Fred and MJD.  Cool video on Jaguars.com

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...e2fd34d399

Another one Jones beating up Lamar Woodley:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-j...ey-scuffle

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Good! I love it when players want to come back "home"!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I know full backs are not great stat guys or spotlight of the offense. But Greg Jones was one of the best in my opinion. Since FB is not a glamorous position, any chance Greg gets into the pride? I mean Freddy is there and MJD one day might be there. Niehter of them would be there without GJ blocking.

Quote:I know full backs are not great stat guys or spotlight of the offense. But Greg Jones was one of the best in my opinion. Since FB is not a glamorous position, any chance Greg gets into the pride? I mean Freddy is there and MJD one day might be there. Niehter of them would be there without GJ blocking.
Not true. Fred would be there regardless of who you put in front of him.

Quote:lol

I still think that is one of the greatest hits I've ever seen in football.  Generally when you see someone get laid out, its a defensive player tattooing a WR in the open field who is looking to catch a pass.  Which yea can be a great hit, but to lay somebody out when they arent looking isnt exactly that impressive.  Hell I could just start walking around the Town Center and start laying out unsuspecting patrons as they walk by.  

But when you see a mano a mano hit like Greg Jones delivered, it's pretty awesome.

[Image: greg_jones.jpg]