Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Greg Jones to retire a Jaguar

Quote:Because there are no Jaguar highlights?

There were plenty if you watched the games.

Huh

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I personally believe he is one of our best players of all time. Glad to see him hanging it up with us.

I was at the preseason game where a DB (from the Dolphins I think) submarined him and gave him his second ACL tear. Oh what could have been.

I remember seeing a Film Room Friday where the run play against the Vikings was to get both the Center and Guard to the second level and trust Greg to block a pro-bowl DT on his own for a run up the middle. And he did it.

Also not surprised he never lost a fight. I believe he's a cousin to Joe Frazier. Probably no one in that family you want to incite to violence.

In one of the videos on the first page, you see him block Ray Lewis at the 2nd level. Literally picks him up 6" off the ground.

Love ya Greg

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Great player.  Great guy.  We were lucky to have him on our team for so long.  Good luck Greg

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

One of my favorite players. Easily one of the Jaguars best in franchise history.

Loved me some Greg Jones
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Greg Jones will always be one of my favorite Jags, great to see him come back where he belongs to retire.

Is it sad that when he gave his retirement speach I was like "Why would he want to be remembered as a jaguar?"

Sigh we need to start winning some games..

One of my favorite Jags of all-time.  Wish him the best.

Quote:Is it sad that when he gave his retirement speach I was like "Why would he want to be remembered as a jaguar?"

Sigh we need to start winning some games..

Brother, you got you some perspective issues goin' on over there.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote: 

<div>Expect it to be announced later today that @leadblock33 will retire as a Jacksonville Jaguar tomorrow. #JaguarsToday pic.twitter.com/2BMjFWsmY8

— Mike Dempsey (@md_1010xl) January 14, 2015

</div>
He did a good job as a Jaguar blocking mainly for HB.

Somewhere TMD is melting down because of the beast references.

Just to pile on:

BEAST!

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

My favorite Fullback ever!