Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
People "shying away" from Jaguars OC position per John Clayton via BCC

Quote:Tried to tell that idiot FBT that nobody who will really change things will come here on a 16 game tryout and then be fired when we have another losing season. Whether it's Clayton's opinion or not I find it hard to believe he just pulled that out of his [BAD WORD REMOVED] just to give some Jaguars news up. The most irrelevant team in the league. Clayton is more connected to NFL people than some frustrated Jaguars message board fans that are mad someone is putting out less than stellar news about their team.

This is not a "plum" job or a challenge, it is a damn train wreck that is one season away from seeing the whole coaching staff being replaced. This is exactly why you do not bring in an inexperienced coach on a team that is trying an experiment that is rebuilding with all young players. Gus Bradley doesn't know what the hell he's doing and is trying to smile his way thru this disaster. Clayton doesn't have a track record of saying stuff that just doesn't make sense. Vic used to hold him in high regard so I tend to believe him on what I already knew.

Yes, because in your high minded world, Clayton is actually sourcing this point and it's not simply his opinion.

We can add reading comprehension to your areas requiring attention. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 04:13 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:You're more than welcome to fawn over him as you see fit.  I've never disputed he's a good position coach.  But, is he on the list of potential OC candidates for this team?  Not that I've heard.

Look at the names that are now starting to roll out that the team is looking at.  Most of the guys have a wealth of experience that Bennett still needs to gain. 

And why would you hear anything when he is still in the playoffs? They can't contact him. 

Yea look at the names. Here's one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Lynn - 15 years coaching, 12 as a RB coach (He is getting a interview, haven't heard you question anything about this guy)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Bennett - Bennett rejoined the Packer organization in 2001 as director of player development, then serving as the running backs coach for six seasons. In February 2011, Bennett was named wide receivers coach.

Hmmm....

Quote:And why would you hear anything when he is still in the playoffs? They can't contact him. 

Yea look at the names. Here's one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Lynn - 15 years coaching, 12 as a RB coach (He is getting a interview, haven't heard you question anything about this guy)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Bennett - Bennett rejoined the Packer organization in 2001 as director of player development, then serving as the running backs coach for six seasons. In February 2011, Bennett was named wide receivers coach.

Hmmm....

You left out the fact that Lynn was actually the assistant head coach with the Jets.  He had a bigger role than just coaching the running backs. Plus, I doubt he's the leading candidate for the position, although he IS an actual candidate.

The only people floating Bennett as an OC candidate are you, a few posters here who are Seminole fans, and McCarthy.  Sorry, but I think you're going to be sorely disappointed when Bennett winds up NOT being the Jaguars OC. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:You left out the fact that Lynn was actually the assistant head coach with the Jets.  He had a bigger role than just coaching the running backs. 

The only people floating Bennett as an OC candidate are you, a few posters here who are Seminole fans, and McCarthy.  Sorry, but I think you're going to be sorely disappointed when Bennett winds up NOT being the Jaguars OC. 

Dissapointed? Ha, I can't help but root for a friend but disappointed? I just want to win. 

Quote:Dissapointed? Ha, I can't help but root for a friend but disappointed? I just want to win. 
Then you want an offensive coordinator who actually has the bona fides to back up being considered for the position.  Just because he's your friend, that doesn't actually make him a good fit for the job here.

Quote:You left out the fact that Lynn was actually the assistant head coach with the Jets.  He had a bigger role than just coaching the running backs. Plus, I doubt he's the leading candidate for the position, although he IS an actual candidate.

Maybe you should stop "fawning" over Lynn....

Quote:Maybe you should stop "fawning" over Lynn....
Yes, because saying I doubt he's the leading candidate, and thinking he's not the MOST qualified guy for the job is now considered fawning. 

Quote:Yes, because saying I doubt he's the leading candidate, and thinking he's not the MOST qualified guy for the job is now considered fawning.

You're the first one that used the word "fawn" with similar reasons
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Yes, because saying I doubt he's the leading candidate, and thinking he's not the MOST qualified guy for the job is now considered fawning. 
And yet you say others are fawning over Bennett because they threw his name out there as someone they're interested in?

Got it....

Quote:And yet you say others are fawning over Bennett because they threw his name out there as someone they're interested in?

Got it....

There's always a double standard with that guy, whatever. We'll see how things transpire.

Quote:And yet you say others are fawning over Bennett because they threw his name out there as someone they're interested in?

Got it....
As that particular poster has already admitted, he's friends with the guy.  That was clear from his posts.  Yes, that's fawning. 

Quote:There's always a double standard with that guy, whatever. We'll see how things transpire.
Yeah, there's a real double standard going on there.  Pointing out that one guy is an actual candidate under consideration for the vacancy, and the other is not is now considered fawning.  You got me. 

Gus Bradley does not know what he's doing, but a McDonalds employee on a messageboard does.  :yes:

<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:Yeah, there's a real double standard going on there.  Pointing out that one guy is an actual candidate under consideration for the vacancy, and the other is not is now considered fawning.  You got me. 

You (along with any other fan) on this message board have no freakin clue who's a legit candidate and who’s not, I pointed out why I think Bennett would be a good fit, you tried to argue otherwise, mainly due to his inexperience as a play caller. That's all fine and dandy until you (in another post) indicated you liked the Jets RB coach for the vacant OC position, yet he (like Bennett) doesn't have any playcalling/QB grooming experience either, how is that not a double standard? You're not the only one on this board with a brain, get over yourself. 

Quote:Gus Bradley does not know what he's doing, but a McDonalds employee on a messageboard does.  :yes:

Clearly. 

Maybe these posters should submit their resumes for the opening?

Quote:You (along with any other fan) on this message board have no freakin clue who's a legit candidate and who’s not, I pointed out why I think Bennett would be a good fit, you tried to argue otherwise, mainly due to his inexperience as a play caller. That's all fine and dandy until you (in another post) indicated you liked the Jets RB coach for the vacant OC position, yet he (like Bennett) doesn't have any playcalling/QB grooming experience either, how is that not a double standard? You're not the only one on this board with a brain, get over yourself. 

Really?  So, if the team reaches out and requests permission to interview a coach, that doesn't tend to indicate that guy is a legitimate candidate for job?   Is that how it works? 

What's fine and dandy is the fact that Lynn's resume is actually the more experienced of the two guys if you're comparing Bennett to Lynn.  In the end, neither guy will wind up being the OC for this team, but don't let that get in the way of getting your panties in a twist because I think the team needs a more seasoned, experienced offensive coordinator.  As far as QB grooming goes, please read my ACTUAL comment on Lynn.  I qualified that pretty clearly, but let's just ignore that so you can further advance your faux outrage that I don't agree with you.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 04:43 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:Then you want an offensive coordinator who actually has the bona fides to back up being considered for the position. Just because he's your friend, that doesn't actually make him a good fit for the job here.

Stop parading on here like your an expert on coaching hires, or that your opinion is more valid than someone else's. And being a friend has nothing to do with me thinking he'd be a quality offensive coordinator. McCarthy had spoke highly about him, Prisco has mentioned the praise he's gotten in NFL CIRCLES, then you see his products on the field consistently ever year. All things considered, it appears to me he would have what it takes. Me being a friend is just coincidence. I would have liked him regardless.

"I'd be okay with someone like Anthony Lynn if the expectation is that we'll keep Scelfo as the QB coach.  He's got a good background in developing the running game in NY despite their lackluster passing attack". FBT

Your prerequisite was an experienced playcaller with a history of grooming young QB's, Lynn doesn’t fit the bill but yet you like him. That’s all fine, but don’t sit here and tell me (or anyone else) Bennett wouldn’t be a good fit, they’re virtually the same guy.

Quote:Stop parading on here like your an expert on coaching hires, or that your opinion is more valid than someone else's. And being a friend has nothing to do with me thinking he'd be a quality offensive coordinator. McCarthy had spoke highly about him, Prisco has mentioned the praise he's gotten in NFL CIRCLES, then you see his products on the field consistently ever year. All things considered, it appears to me he would have what it takes. Me being a friend is just coincidence. I would have liked him regardless.

Hey Pot, it's Kettle.  Nice to meet you. 

I have requested to interview the with the Jags but was turned down by my current team at McDonalds.

<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:Stop parading on here like your an expert on coaching hires, or that your opinion is more valid than someone else's. And being a friend has nothing to do with me thinking he'd be a quality offensive coordinator. McCarthy had spoke highly about him, Prisco has mentioned the praise he's gotten in NFL CIRCLES, then you see his products on the field consistently ever year. All things considered, it appears to me he would have what it takes. Me being a friend is just coincidence. I would have liked him regardless.

I'm not portending to be an expert on anything.  I just don't allow my opinion to be clouded because I know a guy. 

I have my opinion.  You have yours.  So far, the way things are playing out, it's not looking good for your buddy despite all the love he's getting from that icon, Pete Prisco.