Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
People "shying away" from Jaguars OC position per John Clayton via BCC

Quote:"I'd be okay with someone like Anthony Lynn if the expectation is that we'll keep Scelfo as the QB coach.  He's got a good background in developing the running game in NY despite their lackluster passing attack". FBT

Your prerequisite was an experienced playcaller with a history of grooming young QB's, Lynn doesn’t fit the bill but yet you like him. That’s all fine, but don’t sit here and tell me (or anyone else) Bennett wouldn’t be a good fit, they’re virtually the same guy.

The fact remains, Lynn has a more extensive resume to stand behind.  Even in the post you cherry picked this from, I never indicated he'd be my first choice, but we won't quibble about facts here.  Let's go ahead and hire Bennett so that next year you and others here can howl for Bradley to be fired for hiring someone with so little experience for the job. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm not portending to be an expert on anything.  I just don't allow my opinion to be clouded because I know a guy. 

I have my opinion.  You have yours.  So far, the way things are playing out, it's not looking good for your buddy despite all the love he's getting from that icon, Pete Prisco. 

Yes you are, your ego is just too big to see it, it's beyond laughable because no one on this board has a clue what the Jaguars will do. So you're "ok" with Lynn being the guy as long as we keep Scelfo, if I were to replaced Bennet's name with Lynn would you be ok with that?

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 04:53 PM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:The fact remains, Lynn has a more extensive resume to stand behind.  Even in the post you cherry picked this from, I never indicated he'd be my first choice, but we won't quibble about facts here.  Let's go ahead and hire Bennett so that next year you and others here can howl for Bradley to be fired for hiring someone with so little experience for the job. 

Bennett wouldn't be my first choice either; he's simply a guy I like, just like you wouldn't "mind" Lynn. You tried to discredit Bennett is my original post because he lacked playcalling/QB grooming experience, but so does Lynn, if anyone is cherry picking it's you. Just admit it's a double standard so we can move on, it's ok to be wrong every now and then.

Quote:Yes you are, your ego is just too big to see it, it's beyond laughable because no one on this board has a clue what the Jaguars will do. So you're "ok" with Lynn being the guy as long as we keep Scelfo, if I were to replaced Bennet's name with Lynn would you be ok with that?

I'm expressing my opinion.  I know that backing an opinion up with reasoning might come across as egotistical for folks like you,so I'll let you think whatever you want about that. 

No, I wouldn't be okay with Bennett.  Sorry.  He's not experienced enough regardless of whether Scelfo remains to continue developing Bortles. That's my opinion.  Don't like it?  Use the ignore feature. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:I'm expressing my opinion.  I know that backing an opinion up with reasoning might come across as egotistical for folks like you,so I'll let you think whatever you want about that. 

No, I wouldn't be okay with Bennett.  Sorry.  He's not experienced enough regardless of whether Scelfo remains to continue developing Bortles. That's my opinion.  Don't like it?  Use the ignore feature. 

Lol you're calling me egotistical? I'm at least man enough to admit when I'm wrong, and I've been wrong several times on this board, I have yet to see the same from you, probably because you’re the most insecure member on this message board. Since you're always right, it surprises me the Jaguars haven't extended a front office offer to you, your vast knowledge of the game would surely be an asset for any organization.

Quote:Bennett wouldn't be my first choice either; he's simply a guy I like, just like you wouldn't "mind" Lynn. You tried to discredit Bennett is my original post because he lacked playcalling/QB grooming experience, but so does Lynn, if anyone is cherry picking it's you. Just admit it's a double standard so we can move on, it's ok to be wrong every now and then.

It doesn't take a ton of effort to discredit Bennett.  Regardless of what Prisco says, or his head coach (whom I would absolutely expect to build up any guy on his staff if asked), the fact remains that Lynn has a more accomplished resume.  He's held a more administrative role as an assistant head coach, so he's been in a position where he's not just focused on the position players he's working with.  Has Bennett?

In the end, I don't expect EITHER guy to be the coordinator here.  I think Gus is looking for someone with more experience in a variety of roles.  Look at the names that are coming out today, and that pretty much backs up my point.

It's difficult to admit you're wrong about something when it's been made clear numerous times that I'm not a big fan of either guy.  Saying I'm "okay" with Lynn is more a response to the fact that he does have a track record and experience as more than just a position coach.  Where is the confusion here?

Quote:Lol you're calling me egotistical? I'm at least man enough to admit when I'm wrong, and I've been wrong several times on this board, I have yet to see the same from you, probably because you’re the most insecure member on this message board. Since you're always right, it surprises me the Jaguars haven't extended a front office offer to you, your vast knowledge of the game would surely be an asset for any organization.
Reading comprehension.  Try it sometimes. 

Quote:Reading comprehension.  Try it sometimes. 

Yep I misread that, and for that I apologize. In regards to your other post, your position is confusing because Bennett and Lynn have similar resumes, they both lack experience in the criterion you stated previously, playcalling & QB grooming, if you don’t like Bennett then you shouldn’t like Lynn for the position as well, that’s all I’m saying. Btw, we’re not going to know if the Jaguars like Bennett until the Packers are eliminated from the playoffs.

Quote:Yep I misread that, and for that I apologize. In regards to your other post, your position is confusing because Bennett and Lynn have similar resumes, they both lack experience in the criterion you stated previously, playcalling & QB grooming, if you don’t like Bennett then you shouldn’t like Lynn for the position as well, that’s all I’m saying. Btw, we’re not going to know if the Jaguars like Bennett until the Packers are eliminated from the playoffs.
When was Bennett an assistant head coach?

Probably partially true.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 05:38 PM by trunt87.)

Assistant head coach is about the equivalent to vice president. That title don't mean squat.

Quote:Assistant head coach is about the equivalent to vice president. That title don't mean squat.

No way of knowing what it means.  Every organization is different, just like every administration places different values on various roles. 

In the end, it's irrelevant one way or the other because I don't expect them to hire Lynn. 

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 07:20 PM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:No way of knowing what it means. Every organization is different, just like every administration places different values on various roles.

In the end, it's irrelevant one way or the other because I don't expect them to hire Lynn.
Lol

Moot point then I guess.

Clayton is full of crap, most of the HC positions were not even filled yet, they are just starting to fill up, so none of the candidates were rushing to sign with anybody

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

John Clayton's "opinion" means nothing and is wrong but the [BLEEP] that is FBT opinion trying to discredit Clayton, and who is and is not going to be the oc is gospel.

Quote:Lol

Mute point then I guess.

It's certainly moot since It's a long shot that Lynn winds up the guy, and even longer that it's Bennett. 

Quote:John Clayton's "opinion" means nothing and is wrong but the [BLEEP] that is FBT opinion trying to discredit Clayton, and who is and is not going to be the oc is gospel.

John Clayton's "opinion" means nothing because there are candidates interviewing for the job, which completely contradicts his "thinking" to begin with. 

You're more than welcome to gobble up the swill Clayton is selling and believe it's fact when he is saying clearly it's not, and that it's just his opinion.  I'm not expecting you to grasp the difference here, so no worries. 

Quote:Clayton is full of crap, most of the HC positions were not even filled yet, they are just starting to fill up, so none of the candidates were rushing to sign with anybody

P.Haze worships at the foot of John Clayton.  What Clayton says is fact. 

Quote:It's certainly moot since It's a long shot that Lynn winds up the guy, and even longer that it's Bennett. 

John Clayton's "opinion" means nothing because there are candidates interviewing for the job, which completely contradicts his "thinking" to begin with. 

You're more than welcome to gobble up the swill Clayton is selling and believe it's fact when he is saying clearly it's not, and that it's just his opinion.  I'm not expecting you to grasp the difference here, so no worries. 
Yeah you keep hanging on to that one word think out of that whole comment to justify he's just giving his opinion on a job where he's called a nfl insider.

Quote:Yeah you keep hanging on to that one word think out of that whole comment to justify he's just giving his opinion on a job where he's called a nfl insider.

Do you know what "I think" means?

Clearly not.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

All I know is this new coordinator has to love ICE CREAM

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]