Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Top Jaguar Free Agents Which Should Be Re-Signed

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2017, 02:13 PM by Dakota.)

In contrast to the thread about the Jags which should be let go, there should be some discussion about the Jaguar free agents which should be re-signed. The list of free agents includes:  Based upon http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/

Kelvin Beachum - According to sport trac, he is shown signed through 2021, however I haven't heard anything that the Jags picked up the 4 year option. I assume they will.

Luke Joeckel

Tyson Alualu

Prince Amukamara

Johnathan Cyprien

Abry Jones

Denard Robinson

Tyler Shatley

Josh Wells

Joe Banyard

Peyton Thompson

Tony Washington

Arrelious Benn

Bryan Walters

Jordan Hill

Patrick Omameh

Daryl Richardson

Akeem Davis

Jeramiah Poutasi

Shane Wynn

Bronson Hill

Alex Ellis

So, if you could keep only 5 of these guys, which would it be? For me, it would be the following: (assuming Beachum has been extended)

1. Abry Jones

2. Prince Amukamara

3. Tyler Shatley

4. Patrick Omameh

5. Arrelious Benn

6. Bryan Walters  (because I can't count. Big Grin )

Honorable mentions to Tyson Alualu, Peyton Thompson, and Josh Wells.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Prince

Shatley

Walters

Abry

Alualu for depth.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Luke, jones, wells, walters

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2017, 02:50 PM by JagsFanJay.)

Amukamara, Jones, Benn, Walters and I can't justify keeping anyone else.

Prince Amukamara

Abry Jones

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Arrelious Benn

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Bryan Walters

Alex Ellis

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

You probably have to keep one of Wells or Joeckel. Our Tackle depth is putrid.

1) Abry Jones

2) Luke Joeckel (if he's healthy)

3) Jon Cyprien

4) Tyler Shatley

5) Patrick Omameh

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2017, 04:45 PM by BklynJag.)

Prince (not as starter)

Walters

Shately

Cyp

Joke

Prince

Jones

That's it for me.

Jones

Prince

Walters

Omameh

Benn

Quote:In contrast to the thread about the Jags which should be let go, there should be some discussion about the Jaguar free agents which should be re-signed. The list of free agents includes: Based upon <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/)'>http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/</a>

Kelvin Beachum - According to sport trac, he is shown signed through 2021, however I haven't heard anything that the Jags picked up the 4 year option. I assume they will.

Luke Joeckel

Tyson Alualu

Prince Amukamara

Johnathan Cyprien

Abry Jones

Denard Robinson

Tyler Shatley

Josh Wells

Joe Banyard

Peyton Thompson

Tony Washington

Arrelious Benn

Bryan Walters

Jordan Hill

Patrick Omameh

Daryl Richardson

Akeem Davis

Jeramiah Poutasi

Shane Wynn

Bronson Hill

Alex Ellis

So, if you could keep only 5 of these guys, which would it be? For me, it would be the following: (assuming Beachum has been extended)

1. Abry Jones

2. Prince Amukamara

3. Tyler Shatley

4. Patrick Omameh

5. Arrelious Benn

6. Bryan Walters (because I can't count. Big Grin )

Honorable mentions to Tyson Alualu, Peyton Thompson, and Josh Wells.
Beachun,

1. Prince Amukamara

2. Abry Jones

3. Tyson Alualu

4. Cyprien
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

You have to re-sign Prince and Abry. ...and Beachum too!!!! I just read that, but they better keep Beachum.

After that, I'd try to keep both Benn and Walters, although if I could only keep one I feel that Benn offers more. We're talking about backs tho, so they shouldn't be all that expensive. 

After that, I can take or leave them all. Several probably sign on the cheap, and any that don't can be replaced without too much effort.

The big part of the offseason is about extending contracts at least for ARob and Linder.

'02

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2017, 12:28 AM by Yo Boy.)

Jones... I didn't see Chad ?? Is he still under contract?

Quote:Jones... I didn't see Chad ?? Is he still under contract?

Chenne is set to make another $3 mil in base salary this season in his final season under contract. That's $3 mil the Jaguars are better off saving.

'02

I'd bet the whole farm they get rid of ol' Huck em and Chuck em this offseason. Sure will be nice to close the book on that particular storyline.

I'm gonna go take a forget-me-now and try to brain dump all the wonderful Chad Henne memories I've acquired over the last dreadful half a decade.

Quote:You have to re-sign Prince and Abry. ...and Beachum too!!!! I just read that, but they better keep Beachum.

After that, I'd try to keep both Benn and Walters, although if I could only keep one I feel that Benn offers more. We're talking about backs tho, so they shouldn't be all that expensive.

After that, I can take or leave them all. Several probably sign on the cheap, and any that don't can be replaced without too much effort.

The big part of the offseason is about extending contracts at least for ARob and Linder.

Interesting take on Walters. He'd be much more important than Benn to me, although I see your reasoning for sure. Beachum is a no brainer, more so because of how bad our line is rather than how good he is, although he is a bit above serviceable. Abry Jones has to be brought back. Prince I could see them letting walk, only if he's too expensive or we like another FA better. The draft is loaded too apparently in the secondary, so I could definitely see Prince walk.