Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peter Bragan in talks to sell Jacksonville Suns

Quote:Orlando did 62k last week. It's only going to continue to grow in popularity. I'd like the armada to play in everbank and help the jags with upkeep of the stadium some, and get to put the boards to good use years round. This would help the Jags, save the city the cost of building a new facility and give the Armada a world class facility for soccer.
The cost to host the games at the baseball grounds is significantly cheaper, and the venue has a more realistic configuration/capacity for a soccer match in Jacksonville.  Orlando did very well with their first game, but a lot of that had to do with a ton of hype surrounding the franchise, and the newness that's associated with that.  The Jags could pack a 77k seat stadium when they first rolled out in 1995.  Maintaining that is the trick.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The cost to host the games at the baseball grounds is significantly cheaper, and the venue has a more realistic configuration/capacity for a soccer match in Jacksonville.  Orlando did very well with their first game, but a lot of that had to do with a ton of hype surrounding the franchise, and the newness that's associated with that.  The Jags could pack a 77k seat stadium when they first rolled out in 1995.  Maintaining that is the trick.

I agree on the financial basis... Using everbank would be out of the question for a nasl or even mls team i jax on a long term basis... But as far as the venue, i hate baseball ground soccer matches....Are they keeping the clay down for baseball and just useing the outfeild for the soccer field? cause thats normally my biggest complaint....would be cool if they struck a deal with khan to use whatever indoor practice facility he constructs.

Soccer on a baseball field is terrible. NYCFC is playing in Yankee Stadium and it looks horrible.

Hopefully it is really a short term solution here but I don't see a soccer stadium in Jacksonville anywhere on the horizon.

;

;

Quote:Soccer on a baseball field is terrible. NYCFC is playing in Yankee Stadium and it looks horrible.

Hopefully it is really a short term solution here but I don't see a soccer stadium in Jacksonville anywhere on the horizon.
Absolutely agree... I watched a liverpool v roma game in fenway and it was crap.... I hope your wrong about the stadium in jax, unfortunately i think you are right.

Would love one. But I have literally heard nothing about a stadium being built in Jacksonville. I don't see the city paying for it. Nor do I see the Frisch family paying for one.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!