Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rank The Jaguars' Needs / 2015 offseason

Seeing as this will be batted around quite a bit over the next several months…. here's a thread for it. 

Though I don't feel the exact order is terribly crucial as long as most are addressed  - here's my ordered list:

FS

Stud #1 LEO 

RT

*(edit) Adding TE here

OTTO 

MLB of the future

Vet WR

Maybe LG (depending on team's faith in Beadles to improve)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Seeing as this will be batted around quite a bit over the next several months…. here's a thread for it.

Though I don't feel the exact order is terribly crucial as long as most are addressed - here's my ordered list:

FS

Stud #1 LEO

RT

OTTO

MLB of the future

Vet WR

I can agree with that list. I'd probably swap RT and LEO though... heck after the way the line fell apart I may even put RT first. But like you said as long as they get addressed, not too concerned which they tackle first.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2015, 03:16 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Seeing as this will be batted around quite a bit over the next several months…. here's a thread for it.

Though I don't feel the exact order is terribly crucial as long as most are addressed - here's my ordered list:

FS

Stud #1 LEO

RT

OTTO

MLB of the future

Vet WR

it's funny you don't even have a TE on your list. TE should be close to the top. Or do you just have faith in Lewis?

Quote:it's funny you don't even have a TE on your list. TE should be close to the top. Or do you just have faith in Lewis?

Just forgot about it. 

I'll edit and  - I'd put it 4th or 5th.

I expect TE, RT/LG, WR and maybe FS to be free agent signings - even if they also draft players at those positions as well. 

Therefore - the "ranking" of them isn't so important to me since we aren't speaking about which early or mid round to hypothetically select them. 

If there's are FAs available that upgrade those positions - I expect they will pursue them. 

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2015, 03:53 PM by USCG_JAG.)

Here is mine

1) Offensive Coordinator lol

2) RT

3) FS

4) Veteran play making WR

5) TE

6) OLB to play with Telvin and Poz.

Needs I see on the horizon for 2016:

True #1 LEO

HB depending on how that position plays out 2015

I know people think LEO and HB is in dire straights but I feel that the other positions are more urgent. I think as the Oline is improved, so will the run game. HB can wait a season. LEO is solid for one more year, if none of our younger players can develop into that number 1 then you go get him in 2016.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2015, 03:57 PM by P. Haze.)

Both safety positions are critical in this passing era and we need both fs & ss. After watching that Seattle game can we stop the Cyprien is our Chancellor in this defense talk? He isn't a tenth of that dude in anything he does on the field. We have nothing back there. I'm starting to think we would've won more games with just competent people back there at both spots.

Quote:Both safety positions are critical in this passing era and we need both fs & ss. After watching that Seattle game can we stop the Cyprien is our Chancellor in this defense talk? He isn't a tenth of that dude in anything he does on the field. We have nothing back there. I'm starting to think we would've won more games with just competent people back there at both spots.

Chancellor is about the same size, if not bigger, than Telvin Smith.  The comparisons between Kam and Cyp are borderline insulting to how good Kam actually is.

Pass Rusher- We don't know how well marks is going to play in 2015 recovering from his injury.  We need a force in the interior.

Offensive line- We need a line capable of giving Blake a clean pocket.  Have a backup plan at LT in case Luke does not play better.

Free Safety- We need a veteran back here who can help these young guys.  Evans is just a guy.  Cyprien sucks at times but has heart and that can take you a long way.

Linebacker-  Telvin is the only long time starter I see we have at this position.  Need some youth and athletic players.

Tight End/Go To Guy- Every good team has that one go to guy you can depend on that will get a key first down.  Allen Robinson looks like he has potential to be that guy but we need a big man we can go to in the redzone.  This team was terrible in the redzone zone.  Lewis has failed to become that big redzone target we really need.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Both safety positions are critical in this passing era and we need both fs & ss. After watching that Seattle game can we stop the Cyprien is our Chancellor in this defense talk? He isn't a tenth of that dude in anything he does on the field. We have nothing back there. I'm starting to think we would've won more games with just competent people back there at both spots.

Can we give him some time to develop...or...no?

Huh

Quote:Can we give him some time to develop...or...no?
He's had two years which is 31 games for him. How much time does he need to look even ok? 5-6 years is a good time frame for you?

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2015, 05:51 PM by knarnn.)

You can't be serious. Time to develop? What's next? Not expecting Pro Bowl level performances from our first rounders the day after the draft?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

1. OT

2. Center

3.Guard

4. OLB

5. FS

The entire OL needs a huge upgrade.  71 Sacks and no running game will kill the confidence of any QB. 

Defense:

FS 

Otto LB 

MLB

Leo

DE

DT

NT

SS

Offense:

RT

C

TE

LG

RB

He could develop for eternity and never be half the player Kam is.  

#0 OC

#1 FS * 

#2 LEO * ^

#3 RT or LT > move Luke over *^

#4 TE ^

#5 OTTO* ^

#6 MLB or generally more speed/depth/versatility for the LB group ^

#7 A rookie RB in the 3rd round or later ^

#8 Vet WR *

#9 More 3 tech/5tech hybrid guys ^ 

in order

* : veteran

^ : younger player 

*^ : either or both

FS has got to be at the top of the list, as well as RT. They're kind of like 1a and 1b.

Two guys for FS that could hit the market, that I'd have to assume Caldwell would take real hard looks at. Devin McCourty from the Patriots and Rahim Moore from the Broncos. New England doesn't have much cap space and they have to make a big decision about him and Revis. I'm not sure if they'll be able to keep both.

Moore has a real good chance at hitting the market also. The Broncos have a whole lot of guys that are going to be FAs and they can't sign everybody. Moore will only turn 25 in Feb as well.

Both would be huge upgrades and both would fit perfect as our single high.

Cyprien isn't used the same as Kam because we don't have a true single high FS on this roster. There's a bunch of SS on this team. Cyp has always been best when he can roam in and around the box. Keep him out of Cover 2 as much as possible and let him be like another LB. Just like the Seahawks do with Kam.

Quote:Chancellor is about the same size, if not bigger, than Telvin Smith.  The comparisons between Kam and Cyp are borderline insulting to how good Kam actually is.

Kam is a big dude. He's 6'3 and over 230.

Quote:FS has got to be at the top of the list, as well as RT. They're kind of like 1a and 1b.

The reason this ^ isn't true is that Pasztor, when healthy, is a serviceable RT.  

There is no such safety-net at FS. 

I agree with the rest of your post completely.  Though I'm not sure Moore would be ideal in Gus's scheme - he'd be an upgrade nonetheless.

Quote:The reason this ^ isn't true is that Pasztor, when healthy, is a serviceable RT.  

There is no such safety-net at FS. 

I agree with the rest of your post completely.  Though I'm not sure Moore would be ideal in Gus's scheme - he'd be an upgrade nonetheless.
3 surgeries in the last year has got to be a worry though.

McCourty would be my first choice, but I think Moore would fit well. He isn't no Earl Thomas that's for sure, but nobody is. Thomas is the best Safety in the league for a reason.

Moore doesn't quite have the long speed of Thomas or McCourty, but his instincts make up for it.

Offseason needs ranked:

1. O-line via free agency AND draft. Preferably Vet LT, Rookie RT, rookie LG.

2. Veteran and Rookie TE. The cupboard is BARE at this position. Its completely depleted.

3. Veteran WR via F/A. Go for a really good one.

4. Veteran FS/SS via F/A.

5. Veteran and/or rookie Linebacker

6. Draft D-linemen

Can't wait to see whats next. 

1. Free Safety

2. Right Tackle (who could hopefully slide to left tackle if needed)

3. Tight End

4. OTTO

The good news is that Jags should be able to upgrade all these positions through free agency or the draft. I don't expect McCourty to be available so Jags will probably need to settle for Moore or Lewis. If they believe Gipson can be a true "difference maker," I'd be willing to give the Browns a 3rd rounder at the highest. Right tackle can be addressed in the 2nd round as this position is pretty deep (Clemmings or Flowers would be best, but there are other good choices such as Collins or Erving if the 1st two guys are gone). I feel Tight End is the most likely position to be upgraded in Free agency with either Thomas, Cameron or Clay being targeted and signed very quickly.

I didn't include running back since the position should be solid with Robinson and Gerhart, but if Gurley falls to the 2nd round due to his injury I'd find it very hard to pass on him. When healthy, he's a rare talent who would help Bortles as much as another top receiver. The combo of Gurley, Clay, Lee, Robinson and Hurns would be exciting to watch. Add in Blackmon and this offense would have the potential to be explosive as I expect Bortles to improve significantly next year.