Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rank The Jaguars' Needs / 2015 offseason

Offensive line, whatever it is be it a combination of an upgrade at a few positions or plugging in the right guy but we have to fix the line

FS

Pass Rusher

OLB

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Must be adressed this offseason

FS

TE

RT

Otto

Should adress if the right draft pick or FA is available

Leo

MLB

C/G

RB

WR

Backup QB

Quote:Pass Rusher- We don't know how well marks is going to play in 2015 recovering from his injury.  We need a force in the interior.

Offensive line- We need a line capable of giving Blake a clean pocket.  Have a backup plan at LT in case Luke does not play better.

Free Safety- We need a veteran back here who can help these young guys.  Evans is just a guy.  Cyprien sucks at times but has heart and that can take you a long way.

Linebacker-  Telvin is the only long time starter I see we have at this position.  Need some youth and athletic players.

Tight End/Go To Guy- Every good team has that one go to guy you can depend on that will get a key first down.  Allen Robinson looks like he has potential to be that guy but we need a big man we can go to in the redzone.  This team was terrible in the redzone zone.  Lewis has failed to become that big redzone target we really need.

Draft DT Leo Williams - hope to get Marks back by week 3 healthy and back to form... Roy Miller & Tyson Alualu (or another depth guy) makes DT solid with depth.

SIgn veteran FA Free Safety like Antrel Rolle of the NYG.  Evans for depth or cut.  Cyprien might improve with a better FS, and a better CB.

I feel CB must be addressed in first round (trade up) - a guy like CB Marcus Peters or sign a FA like Revis  (hmm Revis, Aaron Colvin & Ball or a different draft pick) with McCray & Gratz as depth

OLB - Could even be a fourth round pick but Telvin Smith & Poz should be decent with another great guy to go along with them.. JT Thomas for depth.

TE - Lewis has one last year, I dont expect them to do anything with TE in the draft this year probably next...

OLine - Needs help with draft & FA...

Upgrade in FA.

- FS

- RT

- OLB

- WR

Draft

1) Williams

2) Pass catching TE

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2015, 01:30 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Draft DT Leo Williams - hope to get Marks back by week 3 healthy and back to form... Roy Miller & Tyson Alualu (or another depth guy) makes DT solid with depth.

SIgn veteran FA Free Safety like Antrel Rolle of the NYG. Evans for depth or cut. Cyprien might improve with a better FS, and a better CB.

I feel CB must be addressed in first round (trade up) - a guy like CB Marcus Peters or sign a FA like Revis (hmm Revis, Aaron Colvin & Ball or a different draft pick) with McCray & Gratz as depth

OLB - Could even be a fourth round pick but Telvin Smith & Poz should be decent with another great guy to go along with them.. JT Thomas for depth.

TE - Lewis has one last year, I dont expect them to do anything with TE in the draft this year probably next...

OLine - Needs help with draft & FA...

Not sure if serious or...?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

In my opinion that absolutely means nothing, if RT and FS are even, youve got to go with the pick that makes the QB better

How does Leo Williams fit with Marks? genuine curiousity

TD's..... we really need to fill the TD positions.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

The Jags have a young QB that, I believe, has the chance to develop into a good one.  However, he will quickly become David Carr if he gets demolished in the pocket and does not have a run game to keep the defenses honest.  The highest priority must be to fix this horrible OL.  Foremost in this area, bring in a successful veteran right tackle, even if you have to overpay him.  Secondly, Joeckel hasn't earned anyone's confidence as yet, plus the team is an injury away today from having Wells as the starting LT, the all important blind side protector.  This team should bring in a capable tackle (via free agency or draft) to challenge Joeckel and, worst case, provide a capable backup to the tackle positions. 

Others have covered the other needed positions adequately.    

1. Established offensive coordinator with a good track record in the NFL who has proven experience with developing young QBs.

2. Solid right tackle added to continue to shore up the youth movement and to see continued growth there in pass protection.

3. Stout runningback that is balanced with both power and speed to compliment Robinson who is mostly pure speed. Toby comes off too slow.

4. Continue to add more youth to the front seven. Need some defensive ends to come in and learn behind Clemons and Bryant if they're still on the roster in 2015.

5. Veteran free safety to add some leadership to a very young secondary that is raw in talent but lacks the discipline at this time.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:1. Established offensive coordinator with a good track record in the NFL who has proven experience with developing young QBs.

2. Solid right tackle added to continue to shore up the youth movement and to see continued growth there in pass protection.

3. Stout runningback that is balanced with both power and speed to compliment Robinson who is mostly pure speed. Toby comes off too slow.

4. Continue to add more youth to the front seven. Need some defensive ends to come in and learn behind Clemons and Bryant if they're still on the roster in 2015.

5. Veteran free safety to add some leadership to a very young secondary that is raw in talent but lacks the discipline at this time.

They both signed four year deals and Bradley obviously likes rotation/fresh legs  -- so I don't see any scenario where they aren't. 

2016 could be a different story if some youth shows great development. 

Quote:How does Leo Williams fit with Marks? genuine curiousity
I think he could play anywhere along the DL honestly. He could be the eventual long term replacement for Red Bryant at the Big End as well.

RT

TE

OTTO

FS

LEO

MLB

Oline depth

Dline depth

KR/PR

Verteran WR

Quote:Upgrade in FA.

- FS

- RT

- OLB

- WR

Draft

1) Williams

2) Pass catching TE
This. (Maxx Williams)

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 09:50 AM by Deacon.)

Top priority - Offensive Coordinator. Regardless of what kind or how many pieces in place the team has, the plan comes first. Without a solid, agreed-upon plan even the best talents will eventually fail. That's not to say that the coach himself is more important than a talented player, but that the OC is key in developing the plan for the Offense. Also, the OC needs to be in line with the Head Coach's plan. As a person who has the tiniest bit of experience in this, I can tell you that coaches want to spent their time coaching players, not coaching coaches. Coaches are notoriously hard to teach and as stubborn as they come. Find the right OC for this staff, and get him going.

Next - Tight End. This spot needs talent and depth, but talent first and foremost. The offense needs someone to be a consistent matchup issue for the Defense and I don't see that on the roster. Not saying the team needs to find the next Gronkowski, although I definitely wouldn't mind that, but they have to have someone that threatens the LBs.

Next - LEO/Defensive Line. I love the play of the HitSquad this past season, but Clemons and Bryant aren't exactly young. The pass rushers have some depth, but I'd like to have a true threat with lots and lots of career ahead of him there. We have a high draft pick this season, let's make it count towards one of those hard-to-find spots.

Next - O-line depth. I feel like Pasztor can be a starter, but if nothing else he needs someone to push him. Throw bodies at the problem at this point since I really don't like too many of the options available in Free Agency and the Draft right now.

Next - LB talent. I like the play here a little, but I'd really like to have that OTTO position have some blue chip talent on it. That might not be doable this offseason, which is okay and why I put it so far down on the list but I think that talent is needed there.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I would like to see the team add a veteran tight end like Charles Clay and draft one. That position has been nearly useless on this team for our entire existence.

;

;

Gut the team and start over. Patience people.

Ok, seriously..

FS

RT

Vet WR

TE

Need to jump on some FAs, if they're available. This rookie team needs vet leadership.
Blakes Life Matters

Everyone is basically saying the same thing.  It was obvious before Caldwell's end-of-season press conference, but I was surprised he was so open in his acknowledgements.  He listed ORT, TE, FS, and said the team needed some competition at OLG and the team needed a veteran WR.  He also stated that he thought RB was the last position the team would fill, yet he drafted Robinson in his first draft and used FA to acquire Gerhart in his second offseason.

Bradley has been much less specific, but being positive about all positions on the team.  You can see, though, from his selection of candidates to interview for the OC position that he wants to improve the running game.  The passing game will improve by Bortles improving his footwork and his fundamentals and the rookie WRs having a year's experience (plus the additon of Blackmon if he can play). 

This difference in approach to the media does not reflect a difference in team needs between Caldwell and Bradley.  What it does reflect is that Bradley believes the team's number one need in the offseason is to improves the team's ability to run the ball.  Bradley may not have had confidence in the former OC's ability to fix this issue and it could ultimately have been the reason the former OC lost his job.