Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Best possible candidate for Jaguars OC?
Tom Cable Current Seattle Oline Coach and Former Oak/HC
Rick Dennison Current Ravens QB Coach and former Hou OC
Edgar Bennet Current GB WR coach and former GB Rb coach
Rob Chudzinski Current assistant in Indy.Former Car OC/SD Qb Coach
Kirby Wilson Current Minn Rb Coach and Former Pitt/Steelers rb Coach
Other Greg Roman,Trestman,etc.
[Show Results]

Best potential Jaguars OC candidate?

I wish we would find out who our new OC was... this is killing me!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes, because it's critical the Jaguars have an offensive coordinator in place on January 13th. 

Relax.  I'd rather they take their time and get the right guy than to see them rush out and hire someone to placate impatient fans.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

You knew when Caldwell said Gus Bradley was heading the search for the new oc this would be a train wreck. Man just one more year of this clown and we can finally start winning.

Quote:You knew when Caldwell said Gus Bradley was heading the search for the new oc this would be a train wreck. Man just one more year of this clown and we can finally start winning.
How exactly has this process been a train wreck?  You're really reaching.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:How exactly has this process been a train wreck?  You're really reaching.
You'll see and I really don't  understand how you can't already. Bradley is just not cut out to be a head coach.

Chud

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:You'll see and I really don't  understand how you can't already. Bradley is just not cut out to be a head coach.
So there's really nothing.  It's just you and your anti-Bradley schtick.  Got it. 

To anyone with a functional IQ, the process they're following right now being methodical and open minded about the candidates they're looking at would be the exact opposite of a train wreck.  I guess I see why you have a different perspective. 

Quote:So there's really nothing.  It's just you and your anti-Bradley schtick.  Got it. 

To anyone with a functional IQ, the process they're following right now being methodical and open minded about the candidates they're looking at would be the exact opposite of a train wreck.  I guess I see why you have a different perspective. 
Man shut your lame [BLEEP] up. Nobody worth a damn is gonna come here to coach for a staff that's gonna get run outta here after one more year. So all he'll be left with is another inexperienced person with no background in being an oc trying to learn to be one the whole year. Might as well kept Fisch. Cool with me because I know he's done after this year, but acting like Gus Bradley out of all people is doing some elaborate research and attention to detail is the funniest at all this waste of time. But I'm going to let your fake smart [BLEEP] continue to rah rah and pretend you know what you're talking about.

That guy Dennison sure has a great last name!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Quote:Man shut your lame [BAD WORD REMOVED] up. Nobody worth a damn is gonna come here to coach for a staff that's gonna get run outta here after one more year. So all he'll be left with is another inexperienced person with no background in being an oc trying to learn to be one the whole year. Might as well kept Fisch. Cool with me because I know he's done after this year, but acting like Gus Bradley out of all people is doing some elaborate research and attention to detail is the funniest at all this waste of time. But I'm going to let your fake smart [BAD WORD REMOVED] continue to rah rah and pretend you know what you're talking about.

Proving my point. Thanks.

roman is off the table now.

linehan doesnt look like hes gonna be getting a HC gig, so he is in the mix.

not much else has changed.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Tom Clements would be nice.

I voted for other.

Quote:You knew when Caldwell said Gus Bradley was heading the search for the new oc this would be a train wreck. Man just one more year of this clown and we can finally start winning.
Train wreck????????????? Oh thats right we have to get a OC for recruiting Wallbash

Why do some assume Bradley has one more year? I think he could survive two.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2015, 01:25 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Any chance we bring Carl Smith back to Jax? His years here our offense looked pretty good and helped Garrard turn into the qb he was. We went 11-5, 8-8, and 12-4 when he was here in 05-07 and was our OC. He has been the qb coach in Sea since 2011 and has helped Russell Wilson become the qb he is today. Gus also knows him from working with him in Sea. I think it would be a great hire if we could get him here and I think he could help Bortles turn the corner like he did with Garrard and Wilson

Quote:Any chance we bring Carl Smith back to Jax? His years here our offense looked pretty good and helped Garrard turn into the qb he was. We went 11-5, 8-8, and 12-4 when he was here in 05-07 and was our OC. He has been the qb coach in Sea since 2011 and has helped Russell Wilson become the qb he is today. Gus also knows him from working with him in Sea. I think it would be a great hire if we could get him here and I think he could help Bortles turn the corner like he did with Garrard and Wilson

This idea has grown on me more and more over time. The only thing is that I wonder if Smith can adapt the "simpler, faster" philosophy to the extent that Gus wants. Carl always seemed like a gadget on top of the kitchen sink kind of guy to me.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

How much of what we saw from Carl Smith and the lackluster offenses was the result of Jack Del Rio's philosophy?

I was never overly impressed with Smith as our coordinator, but that was a pretty common theme for all of them under Del Rio.  The only one who I actually had some hope for was Koetter, but like the others, his style of offense seem to be clamped down when it came to game day.

Quote:How much of what we saw from Carl Smith and the lackluster offenses was the result of Jack Del Rio's philosophy?

I was never overly impressed with Smith as our coordinator, but that was a pretty common theme for all of them under Del Rio. The only one who I actually had some hope for was Koetter, but like the others, his style of offense seem to be clamped down when it came to game day.
lackluster? 2005 we were 12th, 2006 9th, and 2007 6th in total offense. Would love to have that lackluster offense again.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2015, 04:18 AM by TheSlinger.)

Quote:lackluster? 2005 we were 12th, 2006 9th, and 2007 6th in total offense. Would love to have that lackluster offense again.

Smith was OC from 2004-2006, Koetter was hired in 2007. But it's weird that Smith was fired after having a couple of pretty good offenses. I guess that's part of why JDR got a rep for scapegoating OCs. 

But then again Koetter improved on the offense significantly so maybe Smith really was a problem?

Quote:Smith was OC from 2004-2006, Koetter was hired in 2007. But it's weird that Smith was fired after having a couple of pretty good offenses. I guess that's part of why JDR got a rep for scapegoating OCs.

But then again Koetter improved on the offense significantly so maybe Smith really was a problem?
the offense did improve every year he was here. You have to look at the job he's done with Wilson also