Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Robinson - Recovery

Quote:Allen Robinson>Blackmon btw.
Arrelious Benn > Blackmon at this point.

Just being allowed to dress out for an NFL team would put you ahead of Blackmon right now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:They were talking about Robinson this morning on one of the shows, and they made the point that the offense really took a step back after he went on IR.  He was on track to have a great rookie year when he was injured.  It's good news that he'll be back on track sooner than later. 
He definitely was looking like a guy you could count on to move the chains.

Quote:Arrelious Benn > Blackmon at this point.

Just being allowed to dress out for an NFL team would put you ahead of Blackmon right now.
Allen Robinson through his first 7 games was nearly as productive as Blackmon through his first 15, and Blackmon had a 200 yard game to boost his stats. 

Also Blackmon had over 10 drops his rookie year robinson had 1 and tbh it shouldn't count as a drop

Quote:He probably did more than you think while recovering from his first injury.

What impressed me is he does not drop passes. There was one that hit him in the chest, but every time he could get his hands on the ball, he caught it.

My point was that theres only so much you can do without practicing. Most guys can't come back and be effective that quickly. Especially rookies.

[Image: tempAP399019771519_9--nfl_mezz_1280_1024...height=720]

Just putting this here because it is awesome. 

Now - if they could make this play in the redzone instead of for a 6 yard gain on their own 30 yd line…….

Quote:[Image: tempAP399019771519_9--nfl_mezz_1280_1024...height=720]

Just putting this here because it is awesome. 

Now - if they could make this play in the redzone instead of for a 6 yard gain on their own 30 yd line…….

A thing of beauty is a joy forever...

Quote:Allen Robinson through his first 7 games was nearly as productive as Blackmon through his first 15, and Blackmon had a 200 yard game to boost his stats. 

Also Blackmon had over 10 drops his rookie year robinson had 1 and tbh it shouldn't count as a drop
You act like the 200+ yard game isn't a credit to what Blackmon is capable of.

Blackmon had much better ypc and TDs and that's with Gabbert throwing the ball.

Robinson can turn into a top possession guy, but let's be realistic here. He is nowhere near the playmaker that Blackmon was.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2015, 02:30 PM by Swaguars.)

Quote:You act like the 200+ yard game isn't a credit to what Blackmon is capable of.

Blackmon had much better ypc and TDs and that's with Gabbert throwing the ball.

Robinson can turn into a top possession guy, but let's be realistic here. He is nowhere near the playmaker that Blackmon was.
I feel like you didn't actually watch Blackmon.. he's a good wr and imo would benefit this team greatly to have back, but he was very inconsistent.. he never made the "tough" catches he never went up and caught a difficult pass, he was a YAC wr who was good at getting open in the intermediate game. That 200 yard game was special, but let's not act like he didn't have 160+ yards of YAC. 

Quote:I feel like you didn't actually watch Blackmon.. he's a good wr and imo would benefit this team greatly to have back, but he was very inconsistent.. he never made the "tough" catches he never went up and caught a difficult pass, he was a YAC wr who was good at getting open in the intermediate game. That 200 yard game was special, but let's not act like he didn't have 160+ yards of YAC. 
Inconsistency from rookies is the norm not the exception.

When you evaluate a young player you shouldn't focus on the inconsistency but rather focus on what they are capable of when they put a complete game together.

Robinson's complete games have been solid. Blackmon's complete games have been dominant.

I've watched every game played by both as a pro. There is no doubt in my mind that Blackmon's ceiling his much higher than Robinson's.

That doesn't mean that I don't think Robinson can't be a very good receiver, he just hasn't flashed superstar the way Blackmon has on multiple occasions.

Hoping Robinson can ascend to the next level this upcoming season.
-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996

Quote:I feel like you didn't actually watch Blackmon.. he's a good wr and imo would benefit this team greatly to have back, but he was very inconsistent.. he never made the "tough" catches he never went up and caught a difficult pass, he was a YAC wr who was good at getting open in the intermediate game. That 200 yard game was special, but let's not act like he didn't have 160+ yards of YAC.

??? Blackmon made some extremely tough catches they just got out noticed by the occasional lapses in judgement like not toe tapping every time.

I like ARob but Blackmon was killing defenders before and after the catch.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2015, 12:56 AM by Treestone Ice.)

As far as pure, natural-born talent is concerned, only a fool would argue that Allen Robinson is better than Justin Blackmon.

Blackmon didn't win 2 Belitnikoff awards back-to-back in college for nothing. Robinson is the Jags best WR right now, and his work ethic may make him a great WR one day, but he was not near as naturally talented as Blackmon was coming out of college. Not even close.

Swaguars calling Blackmon very inconsistent in his rookie year with Blaine freaking Gabbert at QB is little more than a bad joke.

Quote:As far as pure, natural-born talent is concerned, only a fool would argue that Allen Robinson is better than Justin Blackmon.

Blackmon didn't win 2 Belitnikoff awards back-to-back in college for nothing. Robinson is the Jags best WR right now, and his work ethic may make him a great WR one day, but he was not near as naturally talented as Blackmon was coming out of college. Not even close.

Swaguars calling Blackmon very inconsistent in his rookie year with Blaine freaking Gabbert at QB is little more than a bad joke.

Well it is Swaguars... the male equivalent to jaguarwoman.

Cue... welll uh uh you supported Blaine Gabbert.

Quote:As far as pure, natural-born talent is concerned, only a fool would argue that Allen Robinson is better than Justin Blackmon.

Jeff George had natural talent too...  The point being that natural talent makes you an NFL player.  It takes more than just that to be a good/great NFL player.

Robinson was super reliable right from the start.  He should be a steadying influence and go-to receiver for many years.  The circumstances of his rookie season also make me believe we haven't seen his best yet.  I don't know how high his ceiling is, but if it's higher than what he's shown already, that would be good news for the Jags. 

AR vs Blackmon is an interesting debate. Both are possession type receivers who run good routes. They also have lingering injury concerns (foot, hammy for AR and groin for blackmon).

I'd love to see them on the field at the same time.

Quote:Still on this huh? I give you credit for your consistency. Smile

He is right.

Penn State receivers have traditionally sucked in the NFL.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Derp , It's you who wasn't watching. JB made many a tuff catch ...

Quote:Hoping Robinson can ascend to the next level this upcoming season.

I heard he went into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber last night to train.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:We just need to draft Amari Cooper and trade for Brandin Cooks and we'll have the last 5 Biletnikoff Award winners on our roster.
Why not make it six and sign FA Crabtree?