Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PFF year end oline rankings

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2015, 01:51 PM by KYjaggy.)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...ankings/2/

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Helvetica, verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"><b>18. Jacksonville Jaguars</b>

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Helvetica, verdana, geneva, sans-serif;">Pass Block Ranking: 15th, Run Blocking Ranking: 25th, Penalties Ranking: 6th

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Helvetica, verdana, geneva, sans-serif;">Stud: There’s no doubt the Jaguars are happy with just how quickly <b>Brandon Linder </b>(<b>+16.6</b>) has acclimatized to life in the NFL. He’s contributed to a top-notch group of rookie guards.

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Helvetica, verdana, geneva, sans-serif;">Dud: With eight sacks allowed and a team-worst pass blocking grade, the Jags must have hoped for more from <b>Luke Joeckel</b> by now.

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Helvetica, verdana, geneva, sans-serif;">Breakdown: They got better when they replaced Jacques McClendon with Luke Bowanko and have taken a huge step forward this year. A new offensive coordinator will still need to get more out of a unit that didn’t help their rushers enough in the run game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

18th? Lol, I think sometimes pff pull their numbers out of the air

More like 28th, IMO. 

After watching every game this year and usually I'd watch them twice, I'd agree. Joeckel seemed to be the worst. Beadles was awful the first half of the year, but played well the second half. Linder is a future pro-bowler.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2015, 02:00 PM by Jags32250.)

Quote:18th? Lol, I think sometimes pff pull their numbers out of the air
Receivers not getting separation and Blake not seeing them can't be blamed on the line.  But i agree, this seems a bit high.  He was instantly crushed way too often.

Quote:Receivers not getting separation and Blake not seeing them can't be blamed on the line.  But i agree, this seems a bit high.  He was instantly crushed way too often.
That's exactly it.  You have so many factors that go against us.  Even when the O-line is playing well, the receivers drop the ball, Blake makes a mistake, or Fisch made a bonehead call.  One of those things falters and so does the play.  Just so many factors go into a well executed offense.  You can even have everything go right and the defense just makes an awesome play too.

I guess I wasn't crazy when I said Luke was terrible 5 months ago...

15th in pass protection, that sounds bizarre. This is really crazy, if we really were ranked 18th then i would think we would have put up more points and Bortles wouldn't have gotten sacked as many times as he did. 

This was Joeckel's rookie year pretty much and he couldnt even weight room last offseason. If he fails in 2015, Then Its time to be worried and looking at some Veteran LTs

Can't wait to see whats next. 

LT is difficult to make the jump from college level to the NFL. Luke seems to have a good work ethic and was coming off an injury, so let's give him a bit more time before writing him off.

Linder has played much better than most thought (myself included) and was a great pick up from Caldwell. I think Bowanko has been solid enough aswell.

RT needs looking at, and it also doesn't help that DRob Johnson and Todman can't block.

As people have mentioned not all the issues were on the OLine. The QB and WR inexperience and especially the playcalling were contributing factors

If these things are even remotely accurate, that means that our QB, WRs, and RBs are worthless.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I get the Brandon Linder part, I also get Bownako is good, I also get Beadles struggles early on and is better, I just don't get Joeckel and RT position. Jocekel and RT position is the one to get better at. Maybe it sounds about right? With 2 of the 5 did great, 1 of them got better and LT needs to get better and RT needs a replacement. 

Quote:I get the Brandon Linder part, I also get Bownako is good, I also get Beadles struggles early on and is better, I just don't get Joeckel and RT position. Jocekel and RT position is the one to get better at. Maybe it sounds about right? With 2 of the 5 did great, 1 of them got better and LT needs to get better and RT needs a replacement.
which 2 did great?

18th? How?

No rushing game except for a couple games and 70 sacks. There are teams worse than that?

Quote:which 2 did great?
Linder and Bownako?

Bowanko was my surprise.  I thought he was going to be a dud.  I was wrong.

Quote:If these things are even remotely accurate, that means that our QB, WRs, and RBs are worthless.
Let them mature.

Quote:Linder and Bownako?

Yup.  Linder was a stud.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2015, 03:38 PM by DewtheMathis.)

Quote:https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...ankings/2/

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Helvetica, verdana, geneva, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b>18. Jacksonville Jaguars</b>

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Helvetica, verdana, geneva, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Pass Block Ranking: 15th, Run Blocking Ranking: 25th, Penalties Ranking: 6th

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Helvetica, verdana, geneva, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Stud: There’s no doubt the Jaguars are happy with just how quickly <b>Brandon Linder </b>(<b>+16.6</b>) has acclimatized to life in the NFL. He’s contributed to a top-notch group of rookie guards.

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Helvetica, verdana, geneva, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Dud: With eight sacks allowed and a team-worst pass blocking grade, the Jags must have hoped for more from <b>Luke Joeckel</b> by now.

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Helvetica, verdana, geneva, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Breakdown: They got better when they replaced Jacques McClendon with Luke Bowanko and have taken a huge step forward this year. A new offensive coordinator will still need to get more out of a unit that didn’t help their rushers enough in the run game.
I am shocked that they rated them that high, but I think having Blake throwing and the great runs towards the end of the season by shoelace helped them out...

maybe it was all Fisch's fault?

Think about it this way, PFF rated 14 teams WORSE than our O-line.  Our offensive line was far from middle of the pack.  Whatever criteria they are using should probably be supplemented by watching the games.  I watched all of the games, and there is no way in hockey sticks that half of the league had a worse offensive line.

One of these years.............