Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags talking to OC Greg Roman

In the few 49ers games I watched there were some very bad plays called. IMO. Most notably goal line plays passing it or qb sneaks not utilizing their two goal line backs. Idk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:49ers offense sucks. This guy sucks.
You know what I love about you? You do such a great job of providing factual evidence--heck, any evidence--to back up your posts.

The 49ers offense sucked last year, yeah, but how about the couple of years before that when they were just this side of unstoppable?

[quote name="FHLusk" post="413963" timestamp="1420583671"]No matter who the Jags hire people are going to be calling for their head....probably after the 1st preseason game.[/quote

I was thinking the same thing. The arm chair/computer GMs and coaches on here know everything and complain about everything!

First play of the Super Bowl with an illegal formation. Ya, no thanks

With the lack of experienced players we have on offense, and Gus the head coach being a defensive guy, we must get ourselves an experienced NFL level offensive coordinator. 

Now, tell me what candidate is out there, who has NFL experience as an offensive coordinator, who has not been fired?  

You can't find one.   Because, if they haven't been fired, then they are either a current NFL OC, or a current NFL HC.   And you must get permission from their team if you want them to make a lateral move, and not only will their team not give you permission, they won't want to make a lateral move anyway. 

So, the logical conclusion to all this is, people are going to complain about every single one of these candidates because they've all been fired in the past.

You can find lots of reasons to complain about Trestman, or Roman, or anyone else, because all the qualified candidates out there have failed in the past in some way.  At least enough to lose their job.  

Just offering a little persective. 

Quote:49ers offense sucks. This guy sucks.

You're still here?  Hmmm cool

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

#Philisopical

So is the way to go in hiring an OC to find one who has an offensive scheme that will utilize the strengths of your franchise quarterback or do you look for one who has had positive results elsewhere but with no regard to whether your current quarterback can efficiently run this scheme?

It seems to me that Blake, for all his upside, is going to need time to work on his throwing problems. All other factors aside (such as a weak o-line) Blake is the biggest limiting factor in the offense getting better, not the 'scheme' of a new OC. Our line can be somewhat improved quickly with the addition of more experience (veterans), but there is no cure for BB2's issues except lots and lots of repetitions under close scrutiny to correct some of his fundamental footwork issues (that seem to flare up the most when he's under pressure) that are the root cause of the accuracy problems. 

The combination of a questionable o-line, a questionable quarterback, and a questionable OC just seems to me to be the 'perfect storm' situation that we just experienced. Fisch was no doubt a part of the problem, but firing him also just exacerbated an already existing one; namely, players not really being experienced with his play book. 

Therefore, if the saying, 'as the quarterback goes, so goes the team' could be excepted as a 'truism', then it would seem that whoever gets hired as OC needs to be someone who can take advantage of BB2's strengths while minimizing his current weaknesses.

I dunno'. It seems to me like we might have to endure some more 'three yards and a cloud of dust' until BB2 has fixed his issues and is able to fully run a new scheme. Until then, I don't know if it will really matter that much who we get for a new OC.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

GREG ROMAN?

[Image: nxgVUAx.jpg]

Would expect the Jags to interview a Packer Qb coach/assistant and Rob Chudzinski

Quote:He seems a better fit than Kirby Wilson.  That just seems way out in left field.  No OC experience and no history developing QBs.

I know nothing about Kirby and I live in Minnesota, i'm guessing it's because he's a minority.

[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]