Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Another offseason. Another Hard knocks debate

So bigcatcountry posted that the Jags are one of 9 teams once again up for Hard Knocks

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/1/5/74...le-jaguars

This comes up every stinkin' year. Do you think the Jags should throw their hat in the ring?

My take - The jags could use some major publicity outside of Jacksonville. "Growing the market" has been Shad Khan's number 1 priority since taking the owners chair. He even threw us into the London situation just based on that purpose. Honestly, There is only one reason to go to london and thats it, Growing the market/brand. Its the same thing as staring on Hard Knocks. Its time the world see what we have brewing here in Jacksonville. 

With that said, The drawbacks are obvious. Distractions. Thats the last thing Bortles and this offense need learning a new offense. I think these players are dedicated enough not to fall into that trap and use this motivation to show the world who they really are. Marquise Lee and Blake Bortles especially look like the type of players eager to present themselves as the next big thing.

Can't wait to see whats next. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like it.  Why not?  They don't have anything to lose at this point.  Maybe it will motivate the young players.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

I'm all for it.

This would be a good year to do it if they wanted to.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Rather it happen now than later
"Get Better Everyday"

It would either document the Phoenix assent of our young Jags or the departure of the Gus Bus
A good loser is a good loser

This would be the year to do it. Last two years we've had to many young guys we didn't new the distraction but we should be past that now.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:So bigcatcountry posted that the Jags are one of 9 teams once again up for Hard Knocks

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/1/5/74...le-jaguars

This comes up every stinkin' year. Do you think the Jags should throw their hat in the ring?

My take - The jags could use some major publicity outside of Jacksonville. "Growing the market" has been Shad Khan's number 1 priority since taking the owners chair. He even threw us into the London situation just based on that purpose. Honestly, There is only one reason to go to london and thats it, Growing the market/brand. Its the same thing as staring on Hard Knocks. Its time the world see what we have brewing here in Jacksonville. 

With that said, The drawbacks are obvious. Distractions. Thats the last thing Bortles and this offense need learning a new offense. I think these players are dedicated enough not to fall into that trap and use this motivation to show the world who they really are. Marquise Lee and Blake Bortles especially look like the type of players eager to present themselves as the next big thing.

I hope the Jags are in it for 2015, if the team does well it will be a great insight and if they dont it could at least be positive exposure for Gus Bradley whom might have to look for a job if the season tanks...

DO IT

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I would be all for it. I would briefly sign up for HBO to watch it.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

I too would subscribe to HBO to watch it!  How many times has the Jaguars been on that show would this be the third time?