Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I thought Gus was suppose to be a Defensive guru?

Quote:I find it ridiculous how many people are overlooking the numbers.  I believe you are what your record says you are.  We are a 3 win ball club.  The defense played decent in spurts but was no where near a top 10. 

The defense played good in spurts but overall was very inconsistent. Some weeks we were sack machines. Other weeks, the QB's jersey didn't even need to be washed after the game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Its a bit misleading given how much big play our defense was giving up early in the season. If we take the average yardage our team gave up after Winston Guy was cut and approx. it for a 16 game season, then our total would be 5502, just above the Patriots. Of course, this is not a perfect stat, since we played some bad offenses after Guy was cut. Still, the point stands. This defense played better once it cut down on the big mistakes, of which Guy was the #1 culprit of.

Quote:Don't you know points allowed proves everything. Can't believe they allowed all those pick sixes.

lol way to prove my point better than I did. Numbers are like politicians. They can be used to cover up reality, fool people into being satisfied, and create complications.

once our young secondary settled down, this defense got good.
Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:I find it ridiculous how many people are overlooking the numbers. I believe you are what your record says you are. We are a 3 win ball club. The defense played decent in spurts but was no where near a top 10.

Guess what happens when your offense can't stay on the field...

Quote:This team finished 26th in points per game allowed and 26th in yards given up. 

If the offense had been able to move the ball a little better, the defense wouldn't have been on the field so much.   That would have helped the defensive stats a lot. 

Should we fire him now or wait abit?

Quote:Sounds like you thought wrong. Blame yourself.
Thats funny right there...

Quote:Should we fire him now or wait abit?
I think the owner should wait about eight or nine years until Gus can come close to breaking even in winning record and then release him to a SuperBowl bound team as the DC.  

Is there a contest for most post started? So I'm guessing the OP will start a poll next.

Quote:I thought fans did more than complain. The D has improved.
they did improve... at times.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:I find it ridiculous how many people are overlooking the numbers.  I believe you are what your record says you are.  We are a 3 win ball club.  The defense played decent in spurts but was no where near a top 10. 
I find it riduculous that you don't realize we currently don't have the talent to have a top 10 defense.

you may start the most threads.  Are you a thread starting guru?

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:This team finished 26th in points per game allowed and 26th in yards given up. 
That's some funny stuff right there.  If you couldn't see the improvement with your own two eyes, go cherry pick stats that allow you to take shots at Bradley. 

Like everything else with this team, it's a work in progress, but the defense was notably better in 2014 than it was in 2013.

I know folks like you need things to use as a crutch to bash the team because that's what "fans" do.  Keep reaching. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:you may start the most threads.  Are you a thread starting guru?
If we're assigning points for the quality of his threads, I think the answer is a resounding no. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:If the offense had been able to move the ball a little better, the defense wouldn't have been on the field so much.   That would have helped the defensive stats a lot. 
Perspective is so overrated in MVP's playbook.

Quote:Perspective is so overrated in MVP's playbook.

It's like continuing remedial education around here, year after year after year. 

This post is like when this kid in one of my college classes used to get D's and would say "I shouldn't have even bothered studying at all" 

Let's put it this way... Could you imagine what Bradley could have done with the defensive talent Del Rio/Mike Smith had? 

Quote:Like everything else with this team, it's a work in progress, but the defense was notably better in 2014 than it was in 2013.

Since it was 32nd in 2013, it's not exactly hard to show improvement.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Don't you know points allowed proves everything. Can't believe they allowed all those pick sixes.

Ignoring defensive and ST scores by the opposition would move the Jags all the way up from 26th to 23rd. Whoo Hoo!

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"