Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I thought Gus was suppose to be a Defensive guru?

Guess who was 31st in the league for time of possession?   If you Guessed the Jaguars you win!    

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/ave...-net-of-ot

[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: kobe-uninterested-o.gif] GIFSoup

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Seattle's defense hasn't missed a beat since Bradley's departure.  If anything, they've improved since.  I believe that the players (jimmy's and joes not x's and o's) have a lot to do with it.  However, it seems clear that Bradley didn't have much to do with their defensive success after all.  So, what credentials exactly did we hire him on?

Quote:Seattle's defense hasn't missed a beat since Bradley's departure.  If anything, they've improved since.  I believe that the players (jimmy's and joes not x's and o's) have a lot to do with it.  However, it seems clear that Bradley didn't have much to do with their defensive success after all.  So, what credentials exactly did we hire him on?

Cool story bro.

#iamlegend

Quote:Seattle's defense hasn't missed a beat since Bradley's departure.  If anything, they've improved since.  I believe that the players (jimmy's and joes not x's and o's) have a lot to do with it.  However, it seems clear that Bradley didn't have much to do with their defensive success after all.  So, what credentials exactly did we hire him on?

Surely it couldn't be the additions of Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril and the continued development of Bobby Wagner, Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas.

Quote:Surely it couldn't be the additions of Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril and the continued development of Bobby Wagner, Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas.
That can't be it at all.  It's a fact that if a team or unit has continued success after a coach leaves, that coach was just awful.  No other circumstances are relevant here.

Quote:This team finished 26th in points per game allowed and 26th in yards given up. 

It's tough to play defense consistently and effectively when your offense can't sustatin drives consistently or can barely run the football. That's common sense....

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Surely it couldn't be the additions of Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril and the continued development of Bobby Wagner, Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas.

Didn't you get the memo? Gus sucks!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Didn't you get the memo? Gus sucks!

And he likes ice cream.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2015, 11:17 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

Quote:Its a bit misleading given how much big play our defense was giving up early in the season. If we take the average yardage our team gave up after Winston Guy was cut and approx. it for a 16 game season, then our total would be 5502, just above the Patriots. Of course, this is not a perfect stat, since we played some bad offenses after Guy was cut. Still, the point stands. This defense played better once it cut down on the big mistakes, of which Guy was the #1 culprit of.

With Winston Guy:

(Passing) 1295 yards in four games for an average of 323 YPG which would be 43 more YPG than Atlanta who owns the worst allowed at 280 YPG.

(Rushing) 522 yards in four games for an average of 130 YPG which would only put us one spot behind where we finished. 

(Total) 1817 yards in four games for an average of 454 YPG which would put us at 32nd and 56 YPG behind Atlanta.

Without Winston Guy:

(Passing) 2604 yards in 12 games for an average of 216 YPG which would have ranked 5th overall.

(Rushing) 1511 yards in 12 games for an average of 125 YPG and we wouldn't have changed our ranking.

(Total) 4115 yards in 12 games for an average of 342 YPG which would have put us at 9th 11th overall.

----------------------------------------

A difference of 112 YPG without Guy versus when we did. I'm sure we could read statistics in a thousand different ways, but it's difficult to argue with the huge difference in this defense in the last 12 games compared to the first 4 games. I should note that I did the math quickly, so the numbers could potentially be off slightly. 

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2015, 11:21 PM by B14ckmon.)

If anyone was curious why this forum is an absolute laughing stock around the Jaguars fandom, this thread is a pretty good starting point for finding out.

Quote:If anyone was curious why this forum is an absolute laughing stock around the Jaguars fandom, this thread is a pretty good starting point for finding out.
Nice picture of your girlfriend there.

Quote:Nice picture of your girlfriend there.

One of the worst comebacks I have ever seen.

;

;

Quote:One of the worst comebacks I have ever seen.

The opposite of epic.

#iamlegend

Quote:That can't be it at all.  It's a fact that if a team or unit has continued success after a coach leaves, that coach was just awful.  No other circumstances are relevant here.
You do realize that people completely forget everything they ever learned as soon as the person who did the teaching goes away.

We turn right back into a blank slate just like an infant.

Quote:It's tough to play defense consistently and effectively when your offense can't sustatin drives consistently or can barely run the football. That's [BAD WORD REMOVED]....

Fixed it for ya

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2015, 10:51 AM by Kane.)

College career<span style="color:rgb(85,85,85);margin-left:0px;">[edit]</span>

<p style="color:rgb(37,37,37);font-familyConfusedans-serif;">Bradley played college football at North Dakota State University from 1984 to 1988, where he was a free safety and punter. In 1988, he helped the Bison win theNCAA Division II Football Championship. He also was a four-time academic all-North Central Conference selection.<sup>[4]</sup>

<p style="color:rgb(37,37,37);font-familyConfusedans-serif;">Bradley earned bachelor's degrees in business administration (1989) and physical education (1990) from North Dakota State as well as a master's degree in athletic administration from NDSU in 1992.

Coaching career<span style="color:rgb(85,85,85);margin-left:0px;">[edit]</span> Early coaching career<span style="color:rgb(85,85,85);margin-left:0px;">[edit]</span>

<p style="color:rgb(37,37,37);font-familyConfusedans-serif;">Bradley joined the North Dakota State Bison as a graduate assistant coach in 1990 and was there until 1991. He was the defensive coordinator/linebackers coach atFort Lewis College from 1992 to 1995 and spent four months as the team's head coach from December 1995 to March 1996. From 1996 to 2005 Bradley returned to North Dakota State and coached in many positions including defensive coordinator, linebackers coach, and assistant head coach to Bob Babich and Craig Bohl. Under Bradley’s guidance, North Dakota State’s defense led the Great West Football Conference in scoring defense (13.7 ppg), pass defense (150.3 ypg), total defense (272.4 ypg) and turnover margin (+1.00) in 2005.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers<span style="color:rgb(85,85,85);margin-left:0px;">[edit]</span>

<p style="color:rgb(37,37,37);font-familyConfusedans-serif;">In 2006, Bradley joined the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as their defensive quality control coach, working closely with defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin in the organization and implementation of the defensive game plan. In 2007 Bradley was promoted to linebackers coach after previous linebackers coach Joe Barry left to become defensive coordinator for the Detroit Lions. Under Bradley's guidance, linebacker Barrett Ruudwent on to earn NFC Defensive Player of the Month in September after leading the Buccaneers defense with 51 tackles and adding one interception, three forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and two passes defensed.<sup>[5]</sup>

Seattle Seahawks<span style="color:rgb(85,85,85);margin-left:0px;">[edit]</span>

<div>
"J.L., listen to me. I have got a guy here in Tampa that is one of, if not, the finest football coaches I have ever worked with. He's an A-plus. He's a once-in-a-lifetime coach. You need to talk to him."

Monte Kiffin to Jim L. Mora in 2009 about Bradley, after Mora was hired as Seahawks headcoach.<sup>[1]</sup>
</div>
<p style="color:rgb(37,37,37);font-familyConfusedans-serif;">On January 12, 2009, the Seattle Seahawks hired Bradley to become the team's defensive coordinator.<sup>[6]</sup> He was warmly recommended for the job by former Buccaneers defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin.<sup>[1]</sup>

<p style="color:rgb(37,37,37);font-familyConfusedans-serif;">In 2009, under Bradley's guidance the Seahawks' defense allowed opponents to gain 356.4 yards (24th in the league) and to score 24.4 points per game (25th). The Seahawks finished the season with a 5–11 record (3rd in the NFC West, 25th in the NFL), and subsequently replaced head coach Jim L. Mora with Pete Carroll.<sup>[7]</sup>Carroll decided to keep Bradley for the 2010 season.<sup>[8]</sup>

<p style="color:rgb(37,37,37);font-familyConfusedans-serif;">In 2010, the Seahawks' defense allowed opponents to gain 368.6 yards (27th in the league) and to score 25.4 points per game (25th).<sup>[9]</sup>

<p style="color:rgb(37,37,37);font-familyConfusedans-serif;">In 2011, the Seahawks' defense allowed opponents to gain 332.2 yards (9th in the league) and to score 19.7 points per game (7th).

<p style="color:rgb(37,37,37);font-familyConfusedans-serif;">In 2012, the Seahawks' defense allowed opponents to gain 306.2 yards (4th in the league) and to score 15.3 points per game (1st).<sup>[10]</sup>

Team(s) as a coach/administrator

North Dakota State (GA) 1990–1991
Fort Lewis College (DC/LB) 1992–1995
North Dakota State (DC) 1996–2005
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (LB) 2006–2008
Seattle Seahawks (DC) 2009–2012

<p style="color:rgb(37,37,37);font-familyConfusedans-serif;"><sup>----I found this simple resume with a little google and wikipedia searching.

I'm guessing the above is the credentials you're looking for.

</sup>

Quote:You do realize that people completely forget everything they ever learned as soon as the person who did the teaching goes away.

We turn right back into a blank slate just like an infant.
Good point also.  This happened to me when I moved out of my parents house for the first time.  I had to completely potty train myself again.

In all fairness, if you're scoring 15 points a game (and not keeping your offense on the field), it gets pretty tough for the defense to perform at a high level.

Quote:And he likes ice cream.
Both are true. He sucks and likes ice cream

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]