Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles as a long term quarterback?

How do you think Blake will be as the quarterback for the Jags? Kind of want your thoughts.

[Image: thanks.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

How do you think Blake will be as the quarterback for the Jags? Kind of want your thoughts.

<div>[Image: thanks.gif]

</div>

Bortles can be a franchise QB in my opinion.  We need to put the right pieces around him though.

[Image: thumbsup.gif]

Franchise QB will be here long time. Will still be here by time TMD gets unbanned im sure :teehee:

Hey, something we've never talked about around here, great thread!

Quote:Bortles can be a franchise QB in my opinion.  We need to put the right pieces around him though.

[Image: thumbsup.gif]

Why are you speaking in the 3rd person, Blake?

He still has ways to go but he shown some signs

904's FINEST

Quote:Hey, something we've never talked about around here, great thread!
Please forgive me. I'm new around these parts. Been lurking off and on. Figured I'd want to ask the question after the smoke clears this season.

Quote:Please forgive me. I'm new around these parts. Been lurking off and on. Figured I'd want to ask the question after the smoke clears this season.

Ok, fair enough.

Quote:Why are you speaking in the 3rd person, Blake?

Haha good one 

904's FINEST

His outlook is better now that Fisch is gone

Quote:His outlook is better now that Fisch is gone
someone say FISCH??

I'm optimistic.  Having a solid unit around him and having him work on his mechanics will do wonders.

Bust.  Comes from  a college spread offense.  Poor footwork. Elongated throwing motions.  Can't read defenses.  Stares down primary receiver.

I don't think he will end up being long term. I think we use a first rounder on another qb in 3 years
[Image: ninja.gif]

His tenure will likely be comparable to his predecessor, Blaine Gabbert, and just as successful.  Mike Vick, Mark Sanchez, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett, Matt Moore, Jake Locker, Jimmy Clausen, and Ryan Lindley are all free agents.  Are any of them the answer?  Well, no, but I'd take a look at signing someone with a little NFL experience to compete with Bortles for the starting job and see what happens.  Take a look at the last 74 QBs drafted;  http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldra...e=position.  Out of the 2014, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, and 2008 draft classes, only Andrew Luck can be called a legitimate star. One can hope to draft a Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick in a later round and get someone who has above average talent and is more than serviceable, but the high picks for the last several years have generally been busts because of the increased gap between the college and pro games.  

Hoping once we get things together he can play like a superstar. The line fix will be huge, as will being able to throw down field and hoping someone gets open to catch the ball.

Quote:Bust.  Comes from  a college spread offense.  Poor footwork. Elongated throwing motions.  Can't read defenses.  Stares down primary receiver.

You basically just recited the "bad words" used for quarterbacks.  Care to elaborate? 

Huh

I love all these guys who should have given up that job delivering pizzas and pursued that dream of being NFL talent scouts.....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

well we spent the third overall pick in the guy... at worst he gets two more years maybe 3 

Quote:His tenure will likely be comparable to his predecessor, Blaine Gabbert, and just as successful. Mike Vick, Mark Sanchez, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett, Matt Moore, Jake Locker, Jimmy Clausen, and Ryan Lindley are all free agents. Are any of them the answer? Well, no, but I'd take a look at signing someone with a little NFL experience to compete with Bortles for the starting job and see what happens. Take a look at the last 74 QBs drafted; <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position'>http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position</a>. Out of the 2014, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, and 2008 draft classes, only Andrew Luck can be called a legitimate star. One can hope to draft a Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick in a later round and get someone who has above average talent and is more than serviceable, but the high picks for the last several years have generally been busts because of the increased gap between the college and pro games.
That's a great plan. Let's sign a washed up vet or some other crappy washout to 'compete' and give up on the guy that was drafted to be a franchise QB, after less than one season.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]