Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nathan Peterman - QB - Pitt

Hometown guy, 6 foot 2, good arm, decent footwork, etc. Good mid-round project. Seems like the Jags want to interview him at the Senior Bowl. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2017, 01:34 AM by KYjaggy.)

I'm still pretty adamant that I don't believe our QB corps going into next year will be Blake and two day 3 QBs without any game experience. I also don't think Dave is going to cut Allen already.

I think it's most likely going to be a FA QB brought in, but I could see one of the high upside QB prospects like Mahomes in the 2nd round if he falls there. I also don't see Peterman in that category at all. 

Sounds like a 5th round guy.

Quote:Sounds like a 5th round guy.

Personally, I think his upside is as high as the 3rd round, if he has a good Senior Bowl Week mixed with a good Pro Day/Combine. If he doesn't, I see him more in the 5th round range. Currently, I have him as a 4th round selection to Houston.

Compared to Derek Carr. Jags gotta draft this guy, 2nd, 3rd round

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/n...id=2558191

Peterman has looked good today in Senior Bowl practice drills

First name doesn't begin with the letter B. No chance Jags draft him. The standard is the B people: Byron,Blaine, Blake, and Brandon. Need more B's..... Expect the FO to be enamored by Brad Kaaya. 

Lol, in all seriousness he looks pretty good. 

Should be there in the 3rd for the Jaguars. Local kid would be a popular pick and he does seem to have a lot of upside. If Blake returns to the player of 2 years ago, the Jags would at least have a solid backup who could eventually become a starter.

I'm not a fan personally. I think we should draft a QB but I don't think he will be the answer.

Just a gut feeling...

Maybe its the food...

The comp I've seen for him by a couple different people independently have said his upside is that of Garoppolo lite, for whatever that is worth. 

The idea of drafting Peterman is definitely intriguing. His stock seems to be moving higher and higher as the Senior Bowl week goes by. If he is sitting there in the third round, the Jags may have to think long and hard about taking him.

I liked what I saw from him against VT this year.  Didn't realize he was local.  Good QB to develop.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

pros : Like his pocket awarness and he uses his eyes to move defenders. Above average arm strength. Not afraid to go for the big play even if a checkdown is available. Suprisingly mobile and can make defenders miss in and out of the pocket.

Cons : apprears to breakdown under pressure and begins making worse decisions as the game progresses. Lacks timing on short quick throws so receivers dont get the ball in stride and ready to make people miss. Will try to force passes near the sidelines WAY to much. NFL dbs will pick 6 him a ton if he doesnt clean that up.up.

Watched his draftbreakdowns vs miami, vt and clemson for reference.

Just watch youtube highlights. I don't see where the Derek Carr comparison comes from. His play looks like Bortles, only 3 inches shorter and without a goofy throwing motion.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2017, 08:59 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Crazy he beat the National Champs and had 5 TD and 0 ints on the road against Clemson

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nat...um=twitter

Found this interesting. 

Jags are working him out. 

btw Rapsheet shared they were working him out on Twitter and Ramsey liked it. lol. 

I could see him being picked if he is there in the third round. I'd rather have him than Kizer or Mahomes. 

;

;

Quote:I could see him being picked if he is there in the third round. I'd rather have him than Kizer or Mahomes. 

One of the top nfl media guys was saying how he feels Peterson is probably the most ready to start this year of all the prospects.

Unfortunately I don't see him making it to round three as I'm convinced the Bills are prepared to take him in round two.

BTW, the Jaguars talked to Peterson at the combine... perhaps at the Senior Bowl too... and they subsequently brought him in for a workout. He very well may be on their radar.

'02

Nathan Peterman is going to be one of those players that is around forever but has one or two legendary games and maybe a team signs him based on that. He reminds me a lot of Erik Ainge or Kevin O'Connell  

I don't believe the Jags are realistically going to find a QB from this group. They are meeting with QB's just to make sure they are not missing anything. I could see them spending a 2nd or 3rd rounder at the position but lets not forget that you are still probably better off with Henne over all but two or three players in this draft.