Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Timetable on OC Hire

What do you guys think the timetable for a hire will be?  Anyone rumors out there?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who cares? The most important thing is hiring the right man for the job.

Quote:Who cares? The most important thing is hiring the right man for the job.

If the right man for the job is hired by someone else before you hire him, it kind of matters.  So I'd say anyone who cares about having a quality offensive coordinator would care.

Quote:If the right man for the job is hired by someone else before you hire him, it kind of matters.  So I'd say anyone who cares about having a quality offensive coordinator would care.

I'm sure they are already working on this.  They started searching the day they knew Fisch would be fired.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Probably before the senior bowl.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

The Senior Bowl is one big job interview process for both players and coaches alike.

Quote:Who cares? The most important thing is hiring the right man for the job.

Its not the fact that we want to rush the process. I guess we are just anxious and want to know who will that person be. I can't help that everyday I keep thinking about who will be the OC and who I would like, the name changes everyday for me. 

Also when will we hear any candidates for interviews? Im surprised they haven't at least made a comment on interviewing someone going into next week?

They are not as impatient as some on this board are. If you actually listened to Bradley's press conference you would know this already.

Quote:Also when will we hear any candidates for interviews? Im surprised they haven't at least made a comment on interviewing someone going into next week?

You don't think the process has started already? Really? Just because they're not showboating the process doesn't mean it's not underway. They're competing with at least 4 other teams to fill that position. They should tip their hand to placate fans?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:You don't think the process has started already? Really? Just because they're not showboating the process doesn't mean it's not underway. They're competing with at least 4 other teams to fill that position. They should tip their hand to placate fans?

In the press conference when asked about replacement he said something like "I haven't thought about that yet.", and I'm thinking, "I really hope you are lying."

Quote:In the press conference when asked about replacement he said something like "I haven't thought about that yet.", and I'm thinking, "I really hope you are lying."

I'm sure he walked into the presser with a short list and staff making the necessary calls. He's not going to share that with the local hack media.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I'd guess in about a week we'll have an OC in place. Senior Bowl practices begin in about three weeks, so I assume they'll want to have the new coordinator sit down and figure out if the rest of the offensive staff can work with him and if any new positional coaches need to be brought in.

Quote:You don't think the process has started already? Really? Just because they're not showboating the process doesn't mean it's not underway. They're competing with at least 4 other teams to fill that position. They should tip their hand to placate fans?

Dude.... What's up your butt? Ease up

Quote:Dude.... What's up your butt? Ease up
He has been eating a lot of crow lately.  Its like wiping your butt with sandpaper

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:He has been eating a lot of crow lately. Its like wiping your butt with sandpaper
He has had a full belly as of late

Of course we know it has started. But as a fan I would like to stay informed at least. Since Caldwell took over everything has been low or a secret. Kinda like Blake Bortles pick. Not saying its a bad thing, its actually a good thing. That being said, seems like I just want to be nosy.

Quote:Of course we know it has started. But as a fan I would like to stay informed at least. Since Caldwell took over everything has been low or a secret. Kinda like Blake Bortles pick. Not saying its a bad thing, its actually a good thing. That being said, seems like I just want to be nosy.

Caldwell has actually been quite the opposite of that IMO. He's been more vocal than most GMs and very transparent about everything except early draft picks. 

Quote:Caldwell has actually been quite the opposite of that IMO. He's been more vocal than most GMs and very transparent about everything except early draft picks. 

Well the Bucs(lovie smith) wasn't quite in his press conference about a few names he would like to interview as OC. I was hoping Gus had a idea by now. Im pretty sure, we will know whenever he decides to interview them 

Quote:Well the Bucs(lovie smith) wasn't quite in his press conference about a few names he would like to interview as OC. I was hoping Gus had a idea by now. Im pretty sure, we will know whenever he decides to interview them 
He fired Jedd a couple hours before the presser and stated clearly that the decision wasn't final until that time based on how the meeting went. 

I think dropping names hours after you fired a friend is A- classless and B -unrealistic