Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why do some posters want Babich gone?

I've seen several posts asking for Babich to be let go and I don't understand that line of thinking.

Can someone enlighten me please?
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Recent posts?

;

;

... just because ......we like firing people .......  ?

Because many feel that he was brought here by Bradley as a favor and as a friend. Also, I believe the defense has also been ran by Bradley and not Babich this season. And honestly, I don't have a problem with Babich being on the team under Bradley. Plenty of headcoaches in this leauge call their own plays on their side of the football that got them their headcoaching job to begin with. Payton and McCarthy come to mind right off the bat. If Babich knows Bradley's system and how to help prepare the team on their individual assignments. And if Bradley is comfortable with that. I won't get upset about it. All I know is that. We haven't finished top five in sacks in years. And with the team being young, they're only going to continue to improve and gel better together.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I questioned him a bit. Never called for a firing, but the reasoning was the inability to stop the run against some of the lesser opponents and the excessive soft zone at the beginning of the season.

As long as he and Bradley can manage adjustments and some play calling together - I don't see a need to fire him. If anything he'll just have a better idea of what Gus wants moving forward.

Quote:I questioned him a bit. Never called for a firing, but the reasoning was the inability to stop the run against some of the lesser opponents and the excessive soft zone at the beginning of the season.

As long as he and Bradley can manage adjustments and some play calling together - I don't see a need to fire him. If anything he'll just have a better idea of what Gus wants moving forward.

The defense improved this year and I think part of it was Bradley being more hands-on.

Another reason why it makes sense to hire an experienced offensive coordinator.

I hav'nt read of any Babich firing...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Recent posts?

There were a couple in the Jedd Fisch thread.

Quote:... just because ......we like firing people .......  ?
This is true tbh.

defense was horrible?  Yes, they flashed, but still bottom third of the league.

Because the offense was giving the ball right back all the time

Since Bradley controls the defense it is good to keep the DC. He will learn from Gus.