Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Could Koetter come back?

Quote:It would be an uninspiring hire.

Maybe.  Keep in mind, Atlanta has been in the top 10 in offense the last few years.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Maybe. Keep in mind, Atlanta has been in the top 10 in offense the last few years.

No offense, bro, but you've been defending fish for the entire season. I think they should lay off the oc analysis for a minute

Quote:No offense, bro, but you've been defending fish for the entire season. I think they should lay off the oc analysis for a minute

No offense, but you apparently haven't been reading my posts very well if that's what you really think. 

I could see Koetter ending up here primarily due to Dave's Atlanta connection; outside of that, I don't think so. On the one hand, Koetter is more or less a 'known quantity' here. On the other hand, when he was here his hands were pretty much tied with what he had to work with on our offense at the time. My question is would he still be 'hamstrung' by our offensive roster now, and if so, wouldn't that just mean more of the same kind of predictable play calling that was endured back then?

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:*hesitates to throw clipboard at your head*

My favorite Mularkey moment.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

uuummmm....don't think I could support that.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:I could see Koetter ending up here primarily due to Dave's Atlanta connection; outside of that, I don't think so. On the one hand, Koetter is more or less a 'known quantity' here. On the other hand, when he was here his hands were pretty much tied with what he had to work with on our offense at the time. My question is would he still be 'hamstrung' by our offensive roster now, and if so, wouldn't that just mean more of the same kind of predictable play calling that was endured back then?

He was hamstrung by Del Rio for sure.  I am not sure he's the answer actually, I was just saying there are worse choices.  I think the drawback with Koetter is that from what I understand he can be a little aloof and may not be as good a "teacher" as some other candidates and this is what this team needs now more than anything.

I doubt he would come back. I wouldn't even want him back. Those days are long gone. Plus the Falcons seem to be having even some more troubles this year. Cant run the ball, Matt Ryan didn't look like the same player he did prior to this season. 

Quote:I doubt he would come back. I wouldn't even want him back. Those days are long gone. Plus the Falcons seem to be having even some more troubles this year. Cant run the ball, Matt Ryan didn't look like the same player he did prior to this season. 

Why not?  It's not like it's the same staff or some players or even same organization (different owner, et al.)  A young group with a lot of potential.  Assuming Caldwell and Gus would be interested, why wouldn't he consider coming back.  Heck from what I've heard, he still has a house here.  Smile

Quote:Why not?  It's not like it's the same staff or some players or even same organization (different owner, et al.)  A young group with a lot of potential.  Assuming Caldwell and Gus would be interested, why wouldn't he consider coming back.  Heck from what I've heard, he still has a house here.  Smile

Yeah but I guess in my opinion, I would like to see some new faces with a lot of experience at developing QB. I really don't have a list of OC i would want i just know the connection between Gus and Trestman. Trestman has a track record and I love it. 

Quote:Yeah but I guess in my opinion, I would like to see some new faces with a lot of experience at developing QB. I really don't have a list of OC i would want i just know the connection between Gus and Trestman. Trestman has a track record and I love it. 

My Bear's fans friends and family say Trestman's track record is of failure.  Koetter's last few seasons in Atlanta were decent enough.  That said, I'm not sure either are the answer but I guess we'll see.  If I had to guess, I'd say Trestsman might be the guy Gus and Dave decide to bring in.