Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OC Candidates

I don't care where we find a RB as long as we find one. I wouldn't be mad if they drafted a stud at the top of the 2nd
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So when can we interview Linehan now?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Running backs who's teams are QB'd by Russell Wilson(3rd), Nick Foles/Mark Sanchez(3rd/1st), Alex Smith(1st), Andy Dalton(2nd), Aaron Rodgers (1st), Tony Romo (undrafted), Ryan Tannehill(1st), and Big Ben(1st)......meanwhile Arian Foster(undrafted), Justin Forsett(7th round) go late and still put up big numbers. Terrell Davis went in 6th rd and Priest Holmes went undrafted, combined the two won 3 super bowl rings. You find players where you find players. Sometimes its a scheme thing, sometimes, it clicks late...sometimes the scouts just miss.

You give two examples from almost twenty years ago

Quote:So when can we interview Linehan now?

Yes.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2015, 06:45 PM by Stigma.)

Who is C.J. Anderson and where the heck did he come from?

Was he some All-Star RB stud that teams were jockeying to draft?

(Rhetorical Questions)

Quote:To be fair the Pats were playing some catch up most of the game and the Ravens rush defense is really good.

Forsett rushed for 127... You can find RBs anywhere.
Just like receivers huh? Why we cant find one then? Robinson ain't the answer.

Just adding to the conversation, the last 10 Super Bowl winning starting RB(s). If there are two guys listed its because their carries were just about split so was essentially a committee:

2005 Dillon: round 2

2006 Bettis/ Parker: round 1/undrafted

2007 Rhodes/ Addai: undrafted/round 1

2008 Bradshaw/ Jacobs: round 7/ round 4

2009 Parker: undrafted

2010 P. Thomas/ Bush: undrafted/ round 1

2011 Starks: round 6

2012 Bradshaw/ Jacobs: round 7/ round 4

2013 Rice: round 2

2014 Lynch: round 1
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Who says the Jags won't draft a RB before they make the Super Bowl.

I just want to be 0.500 next season.

Is that too much to ask?

This draft is stacked at running back. You should be able to get a good one probably in rounds 3-4.

;

;

Just had a sobering thought.

What if OC candidates are reluctant to come here because Bradley has been here two seasons and is 7-25? That's not exactly solid footing. A candidate could think one of two things. If the team underachieves again, Gus could be fired and MAYBE the OC gets a shot to replace him. Or more likely, if Gus gets canned, the whole staff goes with him, and the OC is out after a year. A more accomplished OC might shy away from here, while a young guy wanting his shot might take the risk.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Just had a sobering thought.

What if OC candidates are reluctant to come here because Bradley has been here two seasons and is 7-25? That's not exactly solid footing. A candidate could think one of two things. If the team underachieves again, Gus could be fired and MAYBE the OC gets a shot to replace him. Or more likely, if Gus gets canned, the whole staff goes with him, and the OC is out after a year. A more accomplished OC might shy away from here, while a young guy wanting his shot might take the risk.

This is my biggest concern with getting a quality candidate although their contract would be guaranteed.

;

;

Most Front Offices league wide admire the Jags for tearing it down and building a team from scratch.

Most teams don't have an Owner patient enough to build a winner.

If the Jags are close to 0.500 next season that would be a reasonable progression.

It would also mean that the Jags would be in the Playoff conversation, which seems almost insane.

The Owner has said he is willing to pay the freight for the RIGHT PERSON, so why would not the best want to show they are the best and TURN THIS TEAM AROUND while getting paid VERY WELL?

I doubt it because we would have heard rumblings from analysts and reporters that potential candidates were refusing to interview here. Anyways, we've seen what most consider the top available candidates in Roman and Trestman talking to or being interviewed by Gus. Also I'm sure Khan is willing to open the checkbook to get a good one here and in the end it's really all about the money.

David Caldwell stated that the RB is the final position to address in the rebuild.

It is the Cherry on top position play.

First, build the two lines, strengthen the LBers and FS.

Bring in a playmaker at TE and a Veteran WR to help the kids and then see what happens.

Caldwell is building this team like the Green Bay Packers and that takes time.

Ownership signed on when Caldwell was hired.

Gus has won me over with his defense.

Now he needs his counterpart on Offense and the Jags will be off to the races.

Very real possibility. I feel like that would be the time for Shad to step in and flex his $$ muscle. If Gus has his eye on someone and really wants him Shad needs to make him an offer he can't refuse and hopefully that's the deciding factor.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

I thought this too, but then I thought, there is a good possibility that the front office is telling candidates that Gus has at least 2 years left.  I really believe that when Caldwell took over, behind closed doors, he said that this would take 3-4 years.  I don't think the team would admit it, but that is not unrealistic considering the roster was basically an expansion team roster when they tore the whole thing down.  

The team has been patient letting this thing play out, and I wouldn't be surprised if those in the "know" realize that they are are more solid footing than we give them credit for. 

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:I thought this too, but then I thought, there is a good possibility that the front office is telling candidates that Gus has at least 2 years left.  I really believe that when Caldwell took over, behind closed doors, he said that this would take 3-4 years.  I don't think the team would admit it, but that is not unrealistic considering the roster was basically an expansion team roster when they tore the whole thing down.  

The team has been patient letting this thing play out, and I wouldn't be surprised if those in the "know" realize that they are are more solid footing than we give them credit for.
Or if you're the OC on this team, then Gus gets fired mid year, you get promoted to HC.

That would be a great question for potential OCs to ask Gus.  "If you get fired mid-season, do I get the HC job?"

Quote:That would be a great question for potential OCs to ask Gus.  "If you get fired mid-season, do I get the HC job?"
That's a question for the owner not Gus

Quote:That's a question for the owner not Gus

Actually, Caldwell would need to answer that question.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]