Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OC Candidates

Quote:I also think Edgar Bennet will be our next OC. Looking at his background 22 years in NFL. 20 years with the Packers. Change is needed for him and he has coached WR and RB positions. The guy kinda looks like GUS 2.0  Please bring him here, its him or Dennison. But go after Edgar Bennet. 
When has it even been reported that Edgar Bennett was on the Jags' radar?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:When has it even been reported that Edgar Bennett was on the Jags' radar?

i dont think it was. we are all just guessing here anyway.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:When has it even been reported that Edgar Bennett was on the Jags' radar?

On the radar or not, what makes you think someone they actually have interviewed will be the next OC? Don;t you think if Gus fell in love with a guy he would have hired him on the spot? I'm just trying to think outside the box, since The Jags drafted Bortles I will never expect the expected, only the unexpected. The Jaguars are usually quiet and in those terms I'm thinking they are going after a coach on a playoff team right now.

I stand by it, my guess and if I was the HC my pick would be Edgar Bennet. I looked into him and really surprised he has been in GB for 20 years. He probably has built so much offensive knowledge working with Farve and Rodgers in the same offense that he will have what it takes to make a below average QB into a above average, not greatest but enough to ride our defense to the super bowl. I love this guy.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2015, 10:32 AM by wrong_box.)

I have heard no mention of this man to be interviewd, but the clots are still in the hunt so he can't ask for permission...I think this guy would make a pretty good OC...He certainly has a good resume

Clyde Christensen

http://www.colts.com/team/coaches/Clyde-...57521cd289

If we're just throwing stuff against the wall, my money is on Tom Cable. He'd be named OC and Assistant HC. If he comes here and improves the offensive production, he'd be the next hot candidate for a HC gig after that. I know he wasn't spectacular in Oakland, and right now a lot of his accomplishments with Seattle *could be* chalked up to Pete Carroll and Darrell Bevell. If he's able to repeat his success with the Jags, he's going to be in the position to write his own ticket.

Here's a blurb I came across on Cable:

"Seattle’s line once ranked as the third youngest in the NFL, but with injuries to rookie RT James Carpenter and RG John Moffitt, and second-year LT Russell Okung, the Seahawks line finished as the seventh-youngest in the league. Despite that, Cable plugged away and maintained a solid unit as Seattle’s line paved the way for Marshawn Lynch’s career-
year in carries (285), yards (1,204) and rushing touchdowns (12). Lynch also led the league the last half of the season with 941 yards and nine touchdowns, rushing for 100-plus in six of the last nine games"

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

Saw on nfl network while watching the shrine game that we're interviewing Gase Sunday morning

Kubiak to Denver likely would take Dennison off the table. I assume he will take the OC job in Baltimore or follow kubiak to the broncos.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Dennison or Trestman sound good to me.

Lots of PA looks downfield and intermediate routes from.each. if i had to choose i feel dennison would be a better developer of Bortles mechanics.

Trestman would probably be better for his mental game with the xs and os but that will come with a solid NFL level offensive scheme anyways.

I see alot of talk about getting the right OC for Blakes's mechanics. While I am sure that the OC has input on that, isn't that more the job of the QB Coach? So if we get a new OC, would that most likely mean a change is the QB coach? As the incoming OC I am pretty sure one of the main emphasis being made is the overall improvement of the QB play I would sure want to either be able to bring my own QB Coach or be awfully confident in the new one.

Quote:Kubiak to Denver likely would take Dennison off the table. I assume he will take the OC job in Baltimore or follow kubiak to the broncos.

I read that Baltimore would look to promote Dennison to OC if Kubiak leaves giving them a seamless transition and continuity. Either way he most likely won't be coming here.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Kubiak to Denver likely would take Dennison off the table. I assume he will take the OC job in Baltimore or follow kubiak to the broncos.

Agreed.   As much as I respect Gus Bradley's sales skills,   in this case it's difficult to envision the Jaguars beating out both the Ravens and Broncos.

Quote:Agreed.   As much as I respect Gus Bradley's sales skills,   in this case it's difficult to envision the Jaguars beating out both the Ravens and Broncos.

Agree. Both are ideal situations for Dennison.

What are we waiting for? Whos left?

No one is safe.

Quote:What are we waiting for? Whos left?

Who is to say that they have not offered it someone? To me it looks like Adam Gase is in a position to pick his job. 

Quote:Agree. Both are ideal situations for Dennison.

Yes.  Both in terms of adjusting to being an Offensive Coordinator and HC aspirations.   He's a coach with a wide variety of coaching skills.   Next year at this time,  my guess is multiple HC interviews will come his way.